Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 Year Anniversary

1K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Felony RR 
#1 ·
Today marks the day that I've had my bike for a year. It's definitely something i'm sooo glad I did. I never thought I would have a sportbike at this young of an age, especially a 1000cc bike. I've put a whole lot of blood, sweat, and tears since then and still will continue to. I've done plenty of mods to it (I bought it completely stock), which are in my sig.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks. When I bought it, it has around 4500 miles on it. It now has around 9000 miles, I didn't really think I rode it that much.

#9 ·
I haven't owned my new 2012 1000rr for more than 7 months and i already have almost 7000 on it. I bought it with 0 miles on it lol.

Anyhow, congrats on the year! I know how happy i was when i hit my first year with my old cbr.

#5 ·
that motard helmet has got to make you a bobble head?

#6 ·
gsxr>cbr: It's a factory color combo. It's Candy Glory Red/Silver, I know there are other guys on here that have it too. I can tell you one thing is once I get another bike it definitely won't be any GSX-R. I probably will get another 1000RR, just a different body style (Which will be a while). I also wouldn't mind getting a ZX-10R, a R1, or other non-Suzuki 1000cc sportbikes. I can also promise you it won't be a ZX-14R or a Busa.

needmoretires: The helmet is an Icon Variant. And it doesn't at all, even when I took it up to 130 MPH a couple of times. Other people on the forum have them and can vouch for me saying that it isn't bad.

#7 ·
needmoretires: The helmet is an Icon Variant. And it doesn't at all, even when I took it up to 130 MPH a couple of times. Other people on the forum have them and can vouch for me saying that it isn't bad.
I was just about to ask about that! I want one sooo bad, but I don't wanna get it and be very disappointed lol! So at higher speeds that visor doesn't want to make your head fly off??

#8 ·
Jmnismo: No it doesn't. Icon designed it to flow air very good and it doesn't mess with your head at higher speeds. Now if you turn your head at highway speeds, it does kinda jerk your head (But what helmet doesn't). I had a little problem at first on spending $400 for a helmet, but it was definitely worth it in the end.

#10 ·
I've owned my 08 since Feb. purchased it with 675 miles on it and minus this past 1.5 months its been in the shop for recall I have 13xxx miles on her ;)

#11 ·
1 FAST 1KRR: Thanks man. Also that definitely is a lot of miles for that amount of time.

Felony RR: That is A LOT of miles for a that amount of time. You got it February 2012?

#14 ·
Yea this year

I had a GSXR as well, I bought January 2011 and in a year I put uhh 32k on it

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#13 ·
GligorovDimce: Thanks man. I'm kinda stuck to it for about 3 more years till my loan is finished off. It definitely has served me well so far. The only problems I've had with it (Which were only minor and solved with little effort) were caused by putting aftermarket stuff on it. The only other big problem is the oil burning and mine doesn't burn too bad

#15 ·
Felony RR: Good lord that is a lot. Do you daily either one? To go to work and other places.

#16 ·
If I have my bike I ride, I enjoy it! I bought the bike to ride it lol. It's not a trophy but I do show it off as one :D

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#19 ·
Damn

I own a motorcycle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.