Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Putting Nose back on my 2004 need help

836 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  shocker69 
#1 ·
hey guys I need some help
I seemed to forgotten which bolts go in the bottom left and right corner of the nose

the pic above, its the bottom right corner where the flat black piece is theres a hole and from the diagrams ive seen

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2004-honda-cbr1000rr/o/m2026#sch310499

11 is the nut and 14 is the bolt

my question is.. where does the nut go between that flat black piece and the nose fairing.. or does it go behind the nose/ upper cowl stay ?

and I have no clue which bolt exactly do I use does anyone have a picture of it
is it black or a silver bolt ?

See less See more
#3 ·
so wait a minute

right now my bike is stripped of all fairings and I am putting them back on so far I only got the tail and the gas tank shell on...

are you saying that I need to put on my upper / middle fairings on first before I can put the nose fairing on ?

#4 ·
Nope. Mount the headlight faring and then mount the side fairings. The side fairings will slide into the nose and then bolt them up once you get them aligned. I normally will not tighten down any of the bolts until I get the upper and lower fairings aligned, just get the bolts started and make sure everything is aligned and then tighten everything up.

#6 ·
It's ok. Stop looking at the diagram. When you mount the nose and then when you go to mount the upper middle fairing with the turn signal it slides in behind the hole you were asking about and the bolt goes through the nose and screws into the fairing with the turn signal. Look at your fairing with the turn signal and look at the very far forward hole above and forward of your turn signal. There should be a rubber grommet type thing with a screw hole that is where the bolt will screw into. It should look just like the rubber grommets you on your windshield too.

Trust me it will make perfect sense when you actually go to mount the fairings. It's like putting a puzzle together and there is not really a way to fuck it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.