Putting Nose back on my 2004 need help : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #1

Putting Nose back on my 2004 need help

hey guys I need some help
I seemed to forgotten which bolts go in the bottom left and right corner of the nose

the pic above, its the bottom right corner where the flat black piece is theres a hole and from the diagrams ive seen

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmot...2026#sch310499

11 is the nut and 14 is the bolt

my question is.. where does the nut go between that flat black piece and the nose fairing.. or does it go behind the nose/ upper cowl stay ?

and I have no clue which bolt exactly do I use does anyone have a picture of it
is it black or a silver bolt ?
BrokenBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
"Special ladies are hot"

Should be blackish in color and the rubber nut grommet is on the upper fairing that has the turn signals on them.

It bolts into the far forward hole on these pieces.

Marchesini's, Ohlins rear, Ohlins RT's, 520 DID conversion, CRG levers, PCIII, Stomp Grip, flapper mod, Nicky cover, BMC race filters, Arata Box style slipon, Alth rotors, Galfer stainless steel brake and clutch lines Sato rearsets, 8k HID's, Puig DB.

shocker69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #3

so wait a minute

right now my bike is stripped of all fairings and I am putting them back on so far I only got the tail and the gas tank shell on...

are you saying that I need to put on my upper / middle fairings on first before I can put the nose fairing on ?

Old 11-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #4
"Special ladies are hot"

Nope. Mount the headlight faring and then mount the side fairings. The side fairings will slide into the nose and then bolt them up once you get them aligned. I normally will not tighten down any of the bolts until I get the upper and lower fairings aligned, just get the bolts started and make sure everything is aligned and then tighten everything up.

Marchesini's, Ohlins rear, Ohlins RT's, 520 DID conversion, CRG levers, PCIII, Stomp Grip, flapper mod, Nicky cover, BMC race filters, Arata Box style slipon, Alth rotors, Galfer stainless steel brake and clutch lines Sato rearsets, 8k HID's, Puig DB.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #5

but wait on the diagram it shows the rubber nut grommet goes into the upper cowl behind the grill plastic bracket.. so is there another nut at the turning signal fairing that also gets bolted down ? lol sorry for so many questions
Old 11-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #6
"Special ladies are hot"

It's ok. Stop looking at the diagram. When you mount the nose and then when you go to mount the upper middle fairing with the turn signal it slides in behind the hole you were asking about and the bolt goes through the nose and screws into the fairing with the turn signal. Look at your fairing with the turn signal and look at the very far forward hole above and forward of your turn signal. There should be a rubber grommet type thing with a screw hole that is where the bolt will screw into. It should look just like the rubber grommets you on your windshield too.

Trust me it will make perfect sense when you actually go to mount the fairings. It's like putting a puzzle together and there is not really a way to fuck it up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement