Sport Touring/Adventure Touring? - Page 4 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #31
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerhiker View Post
Where did you hear about the FJR with electronic suspension?
I really like the looks of the CB1100.
Unfortunately, I don't recall. It was a reputable online m/c mag though. It might not be available in the U.S. when it's released, though.
AZBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #32
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The new Trophy will have it all, complete with touring bags, fairings, adjustable windscreen, cruise control, and more. If it runs like the 1200 tiger, I think it will be replacing my Connie when the time comes. I can tell you Triumph treats their customers a hell of allot better than Kawasaki, and this is from personal experience! The triple engine is the best choice for sport touring, a ton of mid range and a lineal power band. Not to mention very smooth.
The Trophy's MSRP is like $6k more than the Connie from what I read and at that point you might as well consider getting the BMW K1600GT. I haven't ridden it but it seemed like the Trophy was aiming to compete with the K1600GTL and Goldwing.
AZBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #33

i picked up the Yamaha Super Tenere' and i could not be happier with my decision. i have dragged toe quite a few times and i have drifted out the rear tire at full lean as well in full comfort. no joke.

it is not the strongest engine nor is it the fastest bike, but this thing cruises and is VERY reliable. also, like Honda, it is very easy to find a shop that can and will work on these as well as getting parts is going to be cheaper and quicker if it ever did break down.

i had a Triumph Daytona for about a year before i got the Tenere'. i loved that bike, but honestly i rarely saw people getting over 20k before an engine blow. i know that there are some with more mileage, but mostly there are people saying the same things you hear about the bmw and ducati's- that they have character.

when i buy a vehicle of any kind i ultimately want one that WORKS. of course i want the fun that they offer as well, but it is no fun waiting for a part to get in and then finally be fixed a month or two later. yes- Triumphs do take that long to get parts in for. i do not want that kind of character in a vehicle that i own.
korie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #34

but i do have to be honest- i really miss that triple. she was so nice.

but i have been reading about a Japanese company making triples soon. maybe they will take that to their Tenere' as well in a few more years...
korie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement