Teaching proper road etiquette.. - Page 2 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #11

How about you go ride somewhere else? You couldnt turn around and go the other way??? Or take a left or right?
torquetC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #12

well i'm not judging anyone, i let faster cars, bikes or what ever pass, that being said, specially on the bike, if i get caught, in a bad situation like this, i slow down, or turn off. i'm not going to put me in a bad situation to get killed, it ain't worth it, cause you just never know! glad you made it safe! and i agree people should be taught road etiquette, but just think of all the texters, drunks, and shit head drivers. you have to be aware at all times, cause there is no cure all, i believe you need to be responsible for your self! anyway, stay safe everyone!
isocyanates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #13

I've been in the same position and simply pull off and chill out for a bit. The road will clear up and you can get on your way at your pace. The roads aren't yours or theirs, but ours together. Be patient, it goes a long way.
01010101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #14
Banned Camp Counselor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRyb View Post
The ONLY time I hear another motorycyle rider bitching and crying about someone else's riding is because they don't like being passed. Every time! Especially if they "think" they are "really" going fast already, they have this thing where in their mind you MUST be wrong to pass them. Let 'em cry.
I like this!
Sounds like the guy who was upset, was a regular RideSmart trackday attendee!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01010101 View Post
I've been in the same position and simply pull off and chill out for a bit. The road will clear up and you can get on your way at your pace. The roads aren't yours or theirs, but ours together. Be patient, it goes a long way.
But, as I believe was stated, what if there's no where to stop/pit, and take the break?
Not all country/canyon roads will have countless places to drop a kickstand, and wait for the 'traffic' to settle or clear.
n7hevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_M View Post
Couldn't you guys have just waited? There must have been some sector of road that you guys came up on, that allowed you to see at least eight riders deep. You and your crew could have shoot the shit for a bit, then blast the twisties.
Yes we could have probably waited but that is not the point of this post. Unless it is some national event like bikers for babies ect. The safer way to ride is in smaller groups. I did pass in those sectors as I am sure my buddy did, but I should not have to listen to them lecture us because they created a rolling blockade.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardenkent View Post
what excuse would you give a cop who saw you cross a solid yellow line during the pass ? nothing that would justify the pass. you deserved the lecture and are lucky thats all you got. if you cannot accept a consequence, don't act. on the other hand you are correct, the other group should have allowed your pass by courteously moving right allowing everyone to ride as they see fit. some people can't see how their actions affect others. nonetheless, two wrongs don't .......
I would not have had an excuse other than they were a rolling blockade. I do not really want them to move to the right either but that would have been nice. What they should have done is rider in smaller groups period, it just amazes me how many riders cannot understand the benefits of a smaller group of riders.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by n7hevn View Post
I like this!
Sounds like the guy who was upset, was a regular RideSmart trackday attendee!...

Yep, funny how easy it is to know that happens (happened)!! And I know you know

"You're not supposed to pass me, wah, wah, wah!"

CMRA # 117
CBRyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #18

There is no "Road Etiquette" issue here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragunslayer View Post
Teaching of Proper Road Etiquette....

... he was basically upset that we had made these passes on there group and that my riding buddy had made the passes on three seperate ocassions because he had gone back to find a rider from our group and passed them getting back to us.

.... I came out while he was lecturing my buddy and I had to comment to him that it was basicaslly BS that we were even forced to pass a group of that size on a twisty mountain road because we wanted to ride a more brisk pace.

... He says there is no place to allow us to pass on a double yellow road.
He is correct. You are wrong.
Double yellow = NO PASSING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardenkent View Post
what excuse would you give a cop who saw you cross a solid yellow line during the pass ? nothing that would justify the pass. you deserved the lecture and are lucky thats all you got. if you cannot accept a consequence, don't act. o

Agreed.
Passing on a double yellow automatically puts the rider in the wrong.
If the vehicle(s) in front of you are traveling at the speed limit, obeying all traffic laws and are in the appropriate lane then case closed. Deal with it. If you choose to make illegal maneuver because you are inpatient then you are 100% in the wrong and anyone is has the right to call you out on it, especially if they feel your actions put others in harms way.

Am I saying to not ride like an ass? No...just be man enough to deal with the consequences.

Last edited by pauldun170; 11-07-2012 at 09:40 PM.
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #19
thread killer

Dragun... I blasted thru a bunch of Harleys last year for no good reason other than I could. I'm just saying usually everyone sees a situation from their perspective and not how their action affects others. Its become all about " me " and not making the world better for everyone.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #20

Just punch them in the ass on your way by ;-)
bionicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement