Teaching proper road etiquette.. - Page 3 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 Old 11-07-2012, 05:05 PM

Road Rash moment? LOL This came to my mind after reading everything..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 Old 11-08-2012, 09:41 PM

Your buddy did it THREE times because he went back to look for a rider from your group? That's just pushing your luck. And if you are lectured iabout it, accept it because passing in double yellow is not legal.

I have passed a group of Harleys in double yellow before. And I agree that such a large group is a pain in the ass and I wish they would break up into smaller groups. But if I pass them in double yellow, I do it at my own peril and I have to accept any consequences.

'12 CBR1000RR
'09 ZX 14
'08 FJR
post #23 of 25 Old 11-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Green Eggs and Ham

People pass me and I pass people all the time... BUT I do it safely.
post #24 of 25 Old 11-10-2012, 11:01 AM

Just stick a tire pump in their front tire spokes. That'll get 'em off the road. Oh wait...wrong movie and wrong kind of bike.
post #25 of 25 Old 11-10-2012, 05:10 PM

As a few people on here have said, you passed on a double yellow. You gave the wing guys something valid to bitch about. Etiquette doesn't outweigh the law, so your complaint about them not easing to the right doesn't stand up against their complaint. I'm not against the occasional double yellow passes, but I know they're illegal. So if I found myself in your situation, I might have leap-frogged my way through as we'll. But I probably would have just given them a quick "sorry about that" and went on about my business.

Also, new riders on big, massive Gold Wings shouldn't be riding anywhere that one or two passing bikes makes them nervous.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -Mario Andretti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page