Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

06 1k Air Filter

876 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  BrokenBones 
#1 ·
Hi All

I Have a 06 1k that is due for a service and i have been speaking to the local honda store who have informed me that if i was to run an aftermarket airfilter's on my bike and the RS5 slip on that the bike would need to have a power commander added and tuned etc I am trying to work out if this is tru or not any suggestions for anyone would be great...

Reason for not wanting to get power comander and tune is I will be getting new manifold soon and looking for the D & D slip on and would much rather get it all done at once

#2 ·
from what I understand an aftermarket air filter would make your ECU want more fuel.. more fuel that it programmed to deliver because its set to a stock filter that can provide x amount of air.. with aftrmarket more air will get in.. more air needs more fuel.. but it cant deliver so you need a powercommander to make the injectors deliver the fuel to match the air from the filter

i could be wrong

i dont know shit lol

#8 ·
I cleaned mine at 18000kms, not too bad if you've got a compressor with an airgun attachment. Tap them on the ground, top first, to jar loose the crud, then use the airgun to blow through the filter from the outside to the inside. It's easier if you have removed the mesh screens.

Or, I found this online: http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/honda/cbr_1000_rr7_fireblade/07/picture/air_filter_hiflo/

It's a pattern part, so I can't comment on it's quality, but it's cheap!

#9 ·
wait what 250$ for filter ?

on my 2004 there are two cylinder filters at 40$ each.. I paid 80+13% tax from local honda dealer

its true with k and N u can clean the filters but the oem filters should last about 15.000kms no problems thats a long time

also like you said with aftrmarket filter you will be forced to get power commander (not a bad thing) because your injectors / ECU wont be able to handle all that extra air and fuel ratio

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.