Always double check your work! - Page 4 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #31
Green Eggs and Ham
 
AWSneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 189
Oil change every 140,000 miles. lol
AWSneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-14-2012, 05:53 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
GligorovDimce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 7,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSneer View Post
11 gallons... thats a sick joke.
A?? Why would i lie you or tell you sick joke?
Its cummins N-14 engine, 14 liter engine with 460 HP
With regular oil , i change it every 13000 miles.
__________________
2013 Suzuki Hayabusa Limited Edition

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
GligorovDimce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #33
Green Eggs and Ham
 
AWSneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by GligorovDimce View Post
A?? Why would i lie you or tell you sick joke?
Its cummins N-14 engine, 14 liter engine with 460 HP
With regular oil , i change it every 13000 miles.
No I know... Its just crazy
AWSneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #34
Green Eggs and Ham
 
AWSneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 189
My buddy drives trucks... Every time we talk about expensive car parts and maintenance, he starts and puts us all to shame lol
AWSneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Layzieyegunman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 438
Alright mine dosnt have to do with oil but same concept... I got all new plastics, case savers and rearsets ... So I have the bike on stands, after finishing installing everything I put the front tire down, then went and put the kickstand down thinking to myself I don't want to drop my practically brand new bike when I remember someone had posted a picture of the vortex rearsets showing how the kickstand was blocked because if the new position of the pegs. So I put the kick stand back up to see if I could drop the kick stand with my heel like I was always able to. So I practiced dropping the kick stand and putting it up back and forth thinking to myself well mine is fine no problems or obstructions leaving the kick stand up! (Dumbass) So I go to the back stand put the tire down and let the bike fall towards the kickstand thinking to myself I know the kickstand is down I was just checking it ... As the bike was falling I realized something was wrong the bike was leaning to much and I hugged the rear section of the bike around the front seat and the subframe and lifted the rear of the bike completely off the ground with just the front tire down and all the way leaned to thr the left holding the bike up so the left side case saver and plastics were off the ground.... I started to yell for help cause I could not hold the bike much longer and I didn't have the strength to put it up from where I was holding it... My 12 yr old son luckily heard me yelling thinking the bike had fell on me and came running to help me from inside the house... I told him to lift it from the bars and we picked it up together ... Coolent spilled out and my heart was pounding I couldn't believe I did what I did I have no idea how I was able to hold it how I did because nothing got touched... And I always thought how could someone drop they're bike .... Double check everything you can and always watch your stand when putting the bike down off the stands
Layzieyegunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #36
Green Eggs and Ham
 
AWSneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layzieyegunman View Post
Alright mine dosnt have to do with oil but same concept... I got all new plastics, case savers and rearsets ... So I have the bike on stands, after finishing installing everything I put the front tire down, then went and put the kickstand down thinking to myself I don't want to drop my practically brand new bike when I remember someone had posted a picture of the vortex rearsets showing how the kickstand was blocked because if the new position of the pegs. So I put the kick stand back up to see if I could drop the kick stand with my heel like I was always able to. So I practiced dropping the kick stand and putting it up back and forth thinking to myself well mine is fine no problems or obstructions leaving the kick stand up! (Dumbass) So I go to the back stand put the tire down and let the bike fall towards the kickstand thinking to myself I know the kickstand is down I was just checking it ... As the bike was falling I realized something was wrong the bike was leaning to much and I hugged the rear section of the bike around the front seat and the subframe and lifted the rear of the bike completely off the ground with just the front tire down and all the way leaned to thr the left holding the bike up so the left side case saver and plastics were off the ground.... I started to yell for help cause I could not hold the bike much longer and I didn't have the strength to put it up from where I was holding it... My 12 yr old son luckily heard me yelling thinking the bike had fell on me and came running to help me from inside the house... I told him to lift it from the bars and we picked it up together ... Coolent spilled out and my heart was pounding I couldn't believe I did what I did I have no idea how I was able to hold it how I did because nothing got touched... And I always thought how could someone drop they're bike .... Double check everything you can and always watch your stand when putting the bike down off the stands
Damn kick stands! You mean to tell me you can't lift 400# of falling weight? You're weak! haha jk I almost dropped my bike backing up the other day because pump shoes and gravel don't mix... I'm a mess lol
AWSneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
GligorovDimce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 7,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSneer View Post
My buddy drives trucks... Every time we talk about expensive car parts and maintenance, he starts and puts us all to shame lol
Now the prices of tires are up so much that for 10 tires i need 4 grand, and the usuall breakdowns and maintance, costs about 10 grand a year.
I have to many toys that i spend money on it, and let me tell you,
I have 2 big loves, wife and my bike, both empty my walet, but only one never complains :-))
__________________
2013 Suzuki Hayabusa Limited Edition

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
GligorovDimce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
GligorovDimce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 7,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layzieyegunman View Post
Alright mine dosnt have to do with oil but same concept... I got all new plastics, case savers and rearsets ... So I have the bike on stands, after finishing installing everything I put the front tire down, then went and put the kickstand down thinking to myself I don't want to drop my practically brand new bike when I remember someone had posted a picture of the vortex rearsets showing how the kickstand was blocked because if the new position of the pegs. So I put the kick stand back up to see if I could drop the kick stand with my heel like I was always able to. So I practiced dropping the kick stand and putting it up back and forth thinking to myself well mine is fine no problems or obstructions leaving the kick stand up! (Dumbass) So I go to the back stand put the tire down and let the bike fall towards the kickstand thinking to myself I know the kickstand is down I was just checking it ... As the bike was falling I realized something was wrong the bike was leaning to much and I hugged the rear section of the bike around the front seat and the subframe and lifted the rear of the bike completely off the ground with just the front tire down and all the way leaned to thr the left holding the bike up so the left side case saver and plastics were off the ground.... I started to yell for help cause I could not hold the bike much longer and I didn't have the strength to put it up from where I was holding it... My 12 yr old son luckily heard me yelling thinking the bike had fell on me and came running to help me from inside the house... I told him to lift it from the bars and we picked it up together ... Coolent spilled out and my heart was pounding I couldn't believe I did what I did I have no idea how I was able to hold it how I did because nothing got touched... And I always thought how could someone drop they're bike .... Double check everything you can and always watch your stand when putting the bike down off the stands
Similar happend to me, usually i remove the front stand and than the rear and put bike to rest on kick stand. Well stupid me i dont even remeber when i have removed the rear stand and bike was sitting only on front stand and when i removed it, bike start to go down on its right side and i i quickly moved and grab bike to handle and the rear subframe under the seat and i try to hold it and goes down and down and down untill tank touches my knees when stopped then and i got more power in my hands and i lift it up. I said fu.. Fu.. Fu.. , it was going to be disaster!!!
__________________
2013 Suzuki Hayabusa Limited Edition

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
GligorovDimce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:17 AM   #39
Green Eggs and Ham
 
AWSneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by GligorovDimce View Post
Now the prices of tires are up so much that for 10 tires i need 4 grand, and the usuall breakdowns and maintance, costs about 10 grand a year.
I have to many toys that i spend money on it, and let me tell you,
I have 2 big loves, wife and my bike, both empty my walet, but only one never complains :-))
Touche sir.
AWSneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #40
Green Eggs and Ham
 
AWSneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by GligorovDimce View Post
Similar happend to me, usually i remove the front stand and than the rear and put bike to rest on kick stand. Well stupid me i dont even remeber when i have removed the rear stand and bike was sitting only on front stand and when i removed it, bike start to go down on its right side and i i quickly moved and grab bike to handle and the rear subframe under the seat and i try to hold it and goes down and down and down untill tank touches my knees when stopped then and i got more power in my hands and i lift it up. I said fu.. Fu.. Fu.. , it was going to be disaster!!!
It's ok, my buddy dropped his twice... Once when his gf was getting on and he wasnt paying attention (lol). The other time was working on it, it literally fell off the stands when he went to do something else (maybe not the sharpest tool in the shed).
AWSneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


» Latest Forum Topics
Timing chain noise but not the timing...
Today 04:07 PM
Last post by eville1000rr
Today 04:21 PM
3 Replies, 4 Views
POST A PIC OF YOUR CHICKEN STRIPS
08-24-2014 11:51 PM
by AHOPPE
Last post by shleeve
Today 03:53 PM
81 Replies, 2,726 Views
2012 tank slapping
08-28-2014 09:26 PM
by AyeeLe
Last post by lexus rx
Today 03:28 PM
18 Replies, 397 Views
wtb 04-07 wheels
Today 02:21 PM
by Dziuggy
Last post by Dziuggy
Today 02:21 PM
0 Replies, 13 Views
Word Association Game v2.1
12-06-2011 01:25 PM
Last post by 7TronRR
Today 01:50 PM
16,877 Replies, 265,011 Views
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 1000RR Prices
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum