wiring harness question for 2004-07 owners : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #1

wiring harness question for 2004-07 owners

does this look right ?

I put my nose back on my back tonight and I cant remember but the plug that plugs in into the harness is it suppose to be on the bottom like in the pictures under the horn or on top of the horn or to the side

both ways I tried look weird in the pics I have it under the horn bracket

also which bolts hold the mirror on place

I broke my mirrors lol now I cant seem to figure out which is the right bolt

I got 2 sets
bigger and smaller onces.. both fit

is it the ones on the top thicker or the lower ones in the pic ?
BrokenBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #2

Haha first time taking it apart?

The harness should tuck(technically) in the nose, under the headlamps but above the bottom of the nose...the blue/orange clips should stick out on either side for the turn signals.

And as for the mirror bolts, you broke your stock mirrors..and I'm assuming you bought aftermarket and that's why you have two sets? So use which ever fit.haha don't make it harder on yourself, my stock bolts work fine with the tiny mirrors I have on right now..and they look different than both the kinds you have in the pics. Like I said, use which fit and make sure they're tight

"Do or Do not, There is no Try"
noahb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #3

so wait the harness plug should be sitting above the horn ?

could you show me how the bolts look like on the mirrors
the mirrors are stock ill prolly be replacing them with stock mirrors and those are the only 2 types of bolts i found from my bag of bolts when i took them off of the bike...

the shorter bolts or a little longer bolts

Last edited by BrokenBones; 11-11-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #4

shoulda I had the wire going instead of thru the forks on a side I should had the wire going between the 2 forks above teh horn ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb View Post
Haha first time taking it apart?

The harness should tuck(technically) in the nose, under the headlamps but above the bottom of the nose...the blue/orange clips should stick out on either side for the turn signals.

And as for the mirror bolts, you broke your stock mirrors..and I'm assuming you bought aftermarket and that's why you have two sets? So use which ever fit.haha don't make it harder on yourself, my stock bolts work fine with the tiny mirrors I have on right now..and they look different than both the kinds you have in the pics. Like I said, use which fit and make sure they're tight

Old 11-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #5

I'll snap a pic here tomorrow if no one explains it a little better before then haha

noahb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #6

would be great if you can...

in the mean time is this how it should of been ? the cable run between the forks from behind and the plug placed on top of the horn/bracket ?

Old 11-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #7

Dude, seriously, just stop doing stuff on your bike. Every post you have is "what have I done here". Just stop before you kill yourself.
CBRmikeRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:04 AM   #8

huh ? im asking a simple question. why would you take the time to reply if you werent gonna help.. just waisted both our times

I swaped fairing kits and didnt pay attention to how the plug was sitting before I took them off and unpluged it, yes thats really going to get myself killed you fucking clown.. im also asking this question so I know its sitting properly not like it actually matters either way it gets the job done.

now why dont you go fuck urself and get off the forum thats meant to help people with their bikes and go join some faggot troll forum you usless piece of shit
Old 11-12-2012, 01:20 AM   #9

How am I the troll when you have nearly twice the posts I have when you have been here for only 2-3 months versus over 2 years for me.

I didn't flame you, and even though I don't know you, I still don't want you to die on motorcycle due to mechnical incompetence.

So, the plug sits up in the main fairing, between the bottom of the left headlight and above the black wrap around filler panel.
CBRmikeRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:27 AM   #10

ok so over the horn ? which is where the panel/bracket is

and plug is part of the main nose/headlight fairing so obviously it sits up in it

if anyone can just take a picture that would be amazing....

and you did flame me I have double the posts because my bike been stripped and I needed questions to be answered that I wasn't sure about and I am playing it safe by posting on here and getting the right info and there you go telling me to stop playing with my bike that it will get me killed ? wtf..... my other post was torque specs because I wanted to be sure I had it torqued to right spec or if 70lb/f was fine in the front

I made all those posts to be safe and you went all negative how I should stop.. this is my last question my fairings are almost all on.. I just have to put on the front plastic pieces and the fairing over the front tire.
from this to this

Sponsored Links
Advertisement