2013 Repsol-yes might be my next bike! - Page 11 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #101
Tadao Baba Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0minate View Post
Hey capt America.. I'm glad we stopped arguing lol. I got a 2 week ban for that haha
So did I and it wasn't close to this funny a$$ sh!t. Haters gonna hate, Trolls gonna troll.
capt.america is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #102
Captain Awesome

Lol yea
Old 11-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0minate View Post
To me, the Repsol is different looking. You won't see alot of them around well at least I won't. It's cheaper for me to buy the Repsol then take all of my plastics off and have someone paint it and then put em back on in order to get a different paint scheme. Although if being original then that is the only way to do it.
this.

the repsol paint is a little limited (comparatively) being that they are every other year and they do a limited number each time they do paint the plastics this way. and it really does keep the value a little higher over time going by what craigslist and ebay end up asking and often getting for them. overall it is just a fancy paint job that if it gets scraped up you can get a match easily from the factory. far easier than matching a custom paint job...

but in the end who really cares what other's ride as long as they are riding? and do you really care what other people may think of what you like?

next you will all complain about each other's helmet choices.
korie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #104

The bottom line is Honda keeps making the Repsol. And now a 600 Repsol?

Why? Because they SELL. And they sell for MORE money!!!! It's pretty f*ckin simple.

Buy the cheap plastics if you want. You don't have a Repsol. You have a knock off.

I only got one because I got what I thought was a great deal on it. Now I love owning one and believe me people remember the bike. They didn't remember my yellow 08, my R6 or my zx10. Do I really care about that? Not that much but it's still a fact in my world. Haters eat shit

09 CBR Repsol NADA $8865
09 CBR non-Repsol NADA $7605
-------
Difference $1265
DickBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #105
Captain Awesome

Right guys. DB your cool man, love your videos. We gotta ride sometime.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickBlazer View Post

Why? Because they SELL. And they sell for MORE money!!!! It's pretty f*ckin simple.

Buy the cheap plastics if you want. You don't have a Repsol. You have a knock off.

I only got one because I got what I thought was a great deal on it. Now I love owning one and believe me people remember the bike. They didn't remember my yellow 08, my R6 or my zx10. Do I really care about that? Not that much but it's still a fact in my world. Haters eat shit

Exactly.. which is why I got my bike coated in pink. People always remember me... and the dudes be like : "Son, wtf is up w/ your bike? That's homo as f*ck dawg ".. and I be like .. But you see those females though right? Am I right? They'll remember me ...

and then I throw the middle finger up at em .. and be all like : haters.. haters go and eat sh*t.

unirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:43 AM   #107
MENTAL

Well after being stuck with TWO 08 CBRs that were burning oil i bit the bullet and ran to kawasaki for their zx-10r.
After 4 months of ownership all I gotta say is this. ZX is just better. I had to swap the rear shock for an ohlins ttx, go -1 on fs, drop a throttle insert and revalve the damper. But holy bonkers that motor is INSANE. Revs like hell. Handling wise I'd say that my zx now is much better at high speed. A bit less comfy though. The new dash rocks, and makes riding a bike so much more fun.
Styling, I really liked the 08CBR (weird i know) but the ZX is just such a cool looking bike. Everywhere I go people twist next. CBR didn't do that.
The only things I miss from honda is that meaty midrange, the styling of the rear of the bike that made 190 tire look wider than it is, and perhaps the electronic damper.

Basically in my opinion - ZX no contest here.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:50 AM   #108
Ex-Everything

Congrats, the ZX is definitely a badass bike.

2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Mods: Lots of track days and large testicles
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #109
Captain Awesome

The ZX is a beast! That was my choice before the new Blade came out.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickBlazer View Post

I think peoples point with being able to buy "knockoff" plastic is that the ONLY difference between a repsol and a non-repsol is visual. A "knockoff" could easily be just as nice or nicer depending on how your mods are executed. The bottom line is that the fact that your bike is a "real repsol" doesnt mean shit. The fact that it has a higher retail value probably means that you paid more for it initially so nobody is winning there but Honda. I bought my bike to RIDE, not to trade or re-sell, and I dont give half a shit about a few hundred dollar difference on resale. Very few people care if the title says repsol. People are going to remember an auctmart repsol just as much as they will remember your authentic one. Spend more money on a repsol from honda-you have a blade that's been repainted. get a blade and make a repsol replica-you have a blade that's been repainted. WTF.
singals/undertail/doublebubble/stompgrip/yadayada
head and cam work comming soon
KNEEDRAG05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement