2013 Repsol-yes might be my next bike! - Page 12 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #111

For the cryers who think Repsol only belongs on a CBR 1000.
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1354036418155.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  23.8 KB 2013 Repsol-yes might be my next bike!-uploadfromtaptalk1354036430613.jpg 2013 Repsol-yes might be my next bike!-uploadfromtaptalk1354036470146.jpg 2013 Repsol-yes might be my next bike!-uploadfromtaptalk1354036450800.jpg

Sent from my M886 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalfacility View Post
Well after being stuck with TWO 08 CBRs that were burning oil i bit the bullet and ran to kawasaki for their zx-10r.
After 4 months of ownership all I gotta say is this. ZX is just better. I had to swap the rear shock for an ohlins ttx, go -1 on fs, drop a throttle insert and revalve the damper. But holy bonkers that motor is INSANE. Revs like hell. Handling wise I'd say that my zx now is much better at high speed. A bit less comfy though. The new dash rocks, and makes riding a bike so much more fun.
Styling, I really liked the 08CBR (weird i know) but the ZX is just such a cool looking bike. Everywhere I go people twist next. CBR didn't do that.
The only things I miss from honda is that meaty midrange, the styling of the rear of the bike that made 190 tire look wider than it is, and perhaps the electronic damper.

Basically in my opinion - ZX no contest here.
Maybe you get looks because it looks like :

Reminds me of riced out Japanese trucker styling :

It doesn't have enough sharp angles bro..

I'll take this styling any day of the week.

On a serious note though, have you ridden a 12'? K, i see you had to get actual suspension on your ZX for it to feel good. Not needed on the 2012 CBR 1000rr. It's stock suspension is beyond excellent.

Mid-range. The CBR 1000rr has it. As I am not a Rossi impersonator who lives on a track, that matters.

The Dash makes riding it fun? Seems hella small and a little busy to me. I don't want LEDs going bonkers lighting up in my face unless there is something for me to actually take note of.. Further, who rides looking at their dash anyway? I can understand a redline indicator that is bright and gives you warning as you peak out the motor? But a whole ranbow assortment of colors all throughout the RPM band? Come on dawg, that's cheesy and distracting.

THE 2012's dash is a lot better imo :

One consistent screen w/ RPM lights that are adjustable and only come into the picture when they actually matter.

Sucks that your 08's were oil burners. However, the 12's aren't and I'd never think about putting that predator looking suspension and mid range lacking kawi between my legs. Congrats to you though. Seems you love it.
I had the rare chance of seeing one the other day and was intrigued until it blew past it in a turn and saw the front of that ugly thing in my rear view mirror. OFC the rider had on tennis shoes and later rev'd his engine at me at a stop light .. I guess getting pissed that I actually enjoyed the turn and knew how to lean my bike.
:eyeroll:
unirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNEEDRAG05 View Post
I think peoples point with being able to buy "knockoff" plastic is that the ONLY difference between a repsol and a non-repsol is visual. A "knockoff" could easily be just as nice or nicer depending on how your mods are executed. The bottom line is that the fact that your bike is a "real repsol" doesnt mean shit. The fact that it has a higher retail value probably means that you paid more for it initially so nobody is winning there but Honda. I bought my bike to RIDE, not to trade or re-sell, and I dont give half a shit about a few hundred dollar difference on resale. Very few people care if the title says repsol. People are going to remember an auctmart repsol just as much as they will remember your authentic one. Spend more money on a repsol from honda-you have a blade that's been repainted. get a blade and make a repsol replica-you have a blade that's been repainted. WTF.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYSTYX View Post
For the cryers who think Repsol only belongs on a CBR 1000.
Attachment 59070 Attachment 59071 Attachment 59073 Attachment 59072

I know right? Haters !
Old 11-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #115
Captain Awesome

Unirr.. U make great points bro!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #116

I agree with the ZX dash being overkill. I can't even stand the blue high beam indicator on my CBR's dash, so the rainbow dash ZX would be annoyingly distracting

Old 11-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #117
Tadao Baba Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unirr View Post
Maybe you get looks because it looks like :

Reminds me of riced out Japanese trucker styling :

It doesn't have enough sharp angles bro..

I'll take this styling any day of the week.

On a serious note though, have you ridden a 12'? K, i see you had to get actual suspension on your ZX for it to feel good. Not needed on the 2012 CBR 1000rr. It's stock suspension is beyond excellent.

Mid-range. The CBR 1000rr has it. As I am not a Rossi impersonator who lives on a track, that matters.

The Dash makes riding it fun? Seems hella small and a little busy to me. I don't want LEDs going bonkers lighting up in my face unless there is something for me to actually take note of.. Further, who rides looking at their dash anyway? I can understand a redline indicator that is bright and gives you warning as you peak out the motor? But a whole ranbow assortment of colors all throughout the RPM band? Come on dawg, that's cheesy and distracting.

THE 2012's dash is a lot better imo :

One consistent screen w/ RPM lights that are adjustable and only come into the picture when they actually matter.

Sucks that your 08's were oil burners. However, the 12's aren't and I'd never think about putting that predator looking suspension and mid range lacking kawi between my legs. Congrats to you though. Seems you love it.
I had the rare chance of seeing one the other day and was intrigued until it blew past it in a turn and saw the front of that ugly thing in my rear view mirror. OFC the rider had on tennis shoes and later rev'd his engine at me at a stop light .. I guess getting pissed that I actually enjoyed the turn and knew how to lean my bike.
:eyeroll:
ZX10.net for all the haters.

If you can't run with the big dogs,
stay on the f@ckin' porch.
capt.america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #118
Captain Awesome

Lol yea.. I was a hardcore member over there since 2008. But now I find myself staying here instead haha
Old 11-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #119

The CBR is a great bike i and it doesnt look that bad but if the bike didnt have any graphics it would look ugly IMO!! Now the zx10r from 06-10 look like shit but the 04-05 and the 2011 look way better than a honda again thats just my opinion
Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #120

I personally don't buy a bike for looks, but that being said that new ZX10 is the ugliest bike ive ever seen. My buddy has one and I just laugh when I look at it. It looks like they had a contest and said, ok people make the ugliest motorcycle you can think of, and that's the winner. What were they thinking? After riding a new ZX and my 2012 CBR there's no question I made the right decision.
matt6753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement