2013 Repsol-yes might be my next bike! - Page 7 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketj21 View Post
Never seen so may people get worked up over nothing more than a paint job.
I know right... haters
unirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #62
Marine 24/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by unirr View Post
Yeah son.. Watch me do some clutch ups (YUTTT UUUGHHH):

and some stoppies too :

All day playa. I keep it hella fresh.
Lol precisely my point, I wana jam thru traffic with my buddies and decide to clutch one up at about 80 or more and the 250 is redlined out trying to keep up

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
-Oil Cap
-Triple Tree Stem
-Timing Cover
Renthal Soft Grips
Puig Smoked Screen
Vortex Block Offs
DDM hids
Custom Stitched Corbin Seat
Shogun Sliders
Hotbodies F/E
Smoked Tail Light
Galfer S Braided Lines F/B
Galfer Pads
Flapper Mod
PCV w/Custom Dyno
Bazzaz Z-Bomb
Arrow GP2 Slip on
ASV Shortys
Honda CF Gas Cover
CRG 2" Bar Mirror
Felony RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #63
AMA#127,ASRA#27,CCS#27

Quote:
I bought a 2012 1000rr in red/black knowing of the repsol coming out in 2013. I have no desire to ride around on such a flashy bike w/ orange rims. The issue is when a corporation takes 'branding' that they have historically reserved in their consumer line.. let me repeat that :
in their consumer line... in their consumer line.. for a superbike and apply it to every two wheel driven motorcycle in their stable.

The point of special edition branding is not to see it between the legs of every hoon on the planet. It cheapens what's 'special' about it.

And while I could care 2 sh*ts about whats between another man's legs or about the respsol special editions. I can appreciate the value of limited runs of it on super bikes and have enough where with all to understand how its cheapened when its now on donkey carts.

So, please save the professional racing circuit history lessons .. I am well aware of them, respol, and how there is a big difference between it and Honda's consumer products and the 'spirit' of its branding therein.

Now, back to the clown show of penis measuring and calling people haters ...
You are absolutely correct. It does decrease the amount of "special" by upping the availability. And I guarantee this has all been discussed and decided within the marketing peeps of Honda and Repsol long ago. It's all about the mighty $ and always will be. If it sells bikes, bicycles, diapers, etc. then orange and red it will be.

What makes me laugh is that this is an old story. Its cool to be different or special until everyone else is cool too, then its not so cool anymore. Its called selling out. And I believe that is what is really behind the outcry. At least thats what Kurt Cobain told me.
Tornado Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS250 View Post
Love the Repsol colors with the new fairings, but it's a shame the 600rr comes in a Repsol scheme for 2013 too...
I think its crazy that it's taken so long for the 600rr to get the repsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorCell View Post
I don't know what the fascination with the repsol scheme is. Makes you look try hard. People think they are cool on a repsol bike but the guys they are riding with just think 'who does this guy think he is, he looks like a twat'. True story
So people who have repsol bikes buy them to look hard, but end up looking like a twat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by repsolRR1k View Post

Makes me not even want a repsol anymore now that the 600rr has it.
you should sell it

Quote:
I think it's funny you're making the connection to real race bikes. No shit they're different displacement/engine configurations.

The "consumer" repsol has always been the liter bike. It's almost tradition at this point. So, it's kind of like slapping a GT badge on a V6 mustang...

And Brutus, RC213 is 1000cc.
the 600rr is a race replica, just like the 1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
And I think it's funny that people are so wound up about pretty plastics. The Repsol edition has never been like a GT Mustang compared to a V6. It's a trim package, nothing more. At least Aprilia and Ducati offer true performance packages. Makes me want to go hug my FACTORY edition in the garage.
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickBlazer View Post
Repsol edition costs more, resale is more, and is more desired overall. "Eat shit" to all haters
now more than just 1000rr's will enjoy that privilege
Quote:
Touche unirr. Nice cohesive thoughts. Watching thex try to hold his ground is almost embarrassing. Trolls will troll...
I don't think he's trolling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGreen View Post
LOL...... Brilliant.

Now everyone will have a "Repsol Honda"....... I think I'll start saying I have a Honda Fireblade, and forget the Repsol bit.
I have never heard anyone introduce their bike by its paint scheme... why don't you just say you have a 1000rr?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketj21 View Post
Never seen so may people get worked up over nothing more than a paint job.
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado Bait View Post
You are absolutely correct. It does decrease the amount of "special" by upping the availability. And I guarantee this has all been discussed and decided within the marketing peeps of Honda and Repsol long ago. It's all about the mighty $ and always will be. If it sells bikes, bicycles, diapers, etc. then orange and red it will be.

What makes me laugh is that this is an old story. Its cool to be different or special until everyone else is cool too, then its not so cool anymore. Its called selling out. And I believe that is what is really behind the outcry. At least thats what Kurt Cobain told me.
It's definitely a matter of money and profit... I personally think he 600rr should've had the repsol trim a while ago, but I am surprised that they are putting it on other bikes.
I agree with unirr that it will probably have long term effects on the mystique of the repsol branding image in the future.
RR_chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0minate View Post
Soo I'm fighting between the new Repsol and the new gen 4 zx-10r. Having never owned a blade before I'm kind of skeptical as I can't personally compare the two. The ninja was def not easy for me to wheelie at lower speeds without clutching it up. I'm assuming the blade is much easier.

I do think being mainly a street rider ill enjoy the blade more.
If I was going to buy a new bike, it would probably be the 10r, but, in all honesty, I do enjoy how the 1000rr makes its power. I can definitely feel a distinct power difference in the mid-range.

But this is coming from someone who is coming off of an 06 R6, which is gutless, and has to to ridden at about 8-9k to have power... So you might be fine with the 10r's midrange.

Good luck!
RR_chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #66
Ex-Everything

Quote:
I know right... haters
He's talking about you.

2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Mods: Lots of track days and large testicles
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #67

unirr, you seem to be letting this ruin your day, if you arent going to buy one then why are you so bothered by it? you seem to be the only one here becoming so flustered about it. who cares about the "spirit" of the consumer bike, it wouldnt have that without the race bike where the scheme started, just as tornado bait has shown.

by the way ron, congrats on the mcra win at the end of sept, you were flying for sure.
DESIGNdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
He's talking about you.
I know right.. hater
Old 11-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESIGNdummy View Post

unirr, you seem to be letting this ruin your day, if you arent going to buy one then why are you so bothered by it?
. It's a discussion. A grown man's discussion. I'm not sure emotions even entered the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESIGNdummy View Post
you seem to be the only one here becoming so flustered about it. who cares about the "spirit" of the consumer bike, it wouldnt have that without the race bike where the scheme started, just as tornado bait has shown.

by the way ron, congrats on the mcra win at the end of sept, you were flying for sure.
So concerned about my emotional state... too brah'.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #70

Oh noez, a Repsol car.

And Repsol F2:

Some of y'all really need to decompress with a nice prostate massage, or something...
Advertisement