!!!MODíS GONE WRONG!!! : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
Site Sponsor

!!!MODíS GONE WRONG!!!

Every now and then it seems like you get something in, put it on your bike and you donít like.

You put something on that you did not like how it looked or fit. Added something that did not give you the performance increase that you wanted or worse, you get in over your head. eg( Engine Rebuild, Tearing down Forks...etc..)

Tell us your story????

Become a FAN & get Exclusive SMOKIN' Deals.
HardRacing is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
FourTwenty

Was putting frame sliders on. The washer between the frame and the engine started to slide down, I thought the engine was sliding down with the bolt removed. It's funny now, but slight freakout till I realized it was just the washer.
dlounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #3

The only thing that I've done that was over my head, was when I was replacing the seals on my forks. I thought, "I'm not tryin to pay those nazis to do something that'll cost me 30$ in supplies."...couldn't have been more wrong. Everything was going good until I couldn't compress the damn spring low enough to fit the spacer/collar...Ended up costing me twice as much as it would have originally for Honda to replace the damper rod, "newer" new seals,etc. and overhaul it for me..f'in spring.

"Do or Do not, There is no Try"
noahb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #4

im tryin to put my yoshi full r77 on my 09.....that thing just wont go on???/i cant get the headers to line up its pissin me off to so bad i have been tryin to get them to go on for like 6 hours. any tips on how to line it up? its off a 2012 but its should still be the same minus the heat shield..

and the 2/6 screws are stripped so im at a standstill on that....cant put in my block off plates or my zbomb....im assuming this will also cause an issue for the z-fi thats on the way....pretty crappy day
RC-DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
Site Sponsor

Do you have Any Mechanic Buddies local to you ? That could come over and help out.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
"Dremel-Smith"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-DEVIL View Post
im tryin to put my yoshi full r77 on my 09.....that thing just wont go on???/i cant get the headers to line up its pissin me off to so bad i have been tryin to get them to go on for like 6 hours. any tips on how to line it up? its off a 2012 but its should still be the same minus the heat shield..

and the 2/6 screws are stripped so im at a standstill on that....cant put in my block off plates or my zbomb....im assuming this will also cause an issue for the z-fi thats on the way....pretty crappy day
Where are you located?

Best thing I can suggest is get out of the garage for a bit and relax; won't get anything productive done while you heated. Big glass-o-lemonade would be a good start.... or a beer!

FS Thread: Ohlins-HRC-Arata-Yoyodune-OEM. Everything!

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary , that's what get you." -Jeremy Clarkson

JetFireRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFireRR View Post
Where are you located?

Best thing I can suggest is get out of the garage for a bit and relax; won't get anything productive done while you heated. Big glass-o-lemonade would be a good start.... or a beer!

Great Advice.
It's hard for us guys to just walk away. Even if just for 1 hr.

Reset your brain, regoup, and give it another shot.

When you start getting frustrated, you make more mistakes, and makes you more frustrated.

A Time Out, often can resolve a lot of issues.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
ϻѺ₫℮ᴙдϮφⱤ

Put a 2bros exhaust on and THEN spent money on their "powertip" baffle stupidly believing it would prevent my bike from loping and running like shit. Needless to say the 2bros wasn't on long...
woodab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFireRR View Post
Where are you located?

im in georgia, thanks for the advice i just went out and got a 6 pack of BLue Moon and im about to watch CLOSER TO THE EDGE again! im done messing with it for today

cuz that thing is just not going on, and stripped screws in the velocity stacks is the icing on the cake.
RC-DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #10
"Dremel-Smith"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-DEVIL View Post
im in georgia, thanks for the advice i just went out and got a 6 pack of BLue Moon and im about to watch CLOSER TO THE EDGE again! im done messing with it for today

cuz that thing is just not going on, and stripped screws in the velocity stacks is the icing on the cake.
Those little guys are bastards! Some of the first parts I throw-away and replace when I open up the OEM airbox; shat material! You're not alone with those screws.

Little trick for getting those buggers out: Use an impact driver with the correct bit (just a light whack will do the trick), or with a screwdriver inserted in the head; tap the end of the driver with a small mallet (just enough shock to break the threads loose).

FS Thread: Ohlins-HRC-Arata-Yoyodune-OEM. Everything!

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary , that's what get you." -Jeremy Clarkson

JetFireRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement