Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

2013 BMW HP4

9K views 50 replies 31 participants last post by  bidwell 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Man were talking a 193hp to the rear wheel. That's amazing! This thing is going to dominate. Look at the lines, the akra stock exhaust, and that tail section. This is an ads kicking machine. For $19K ill take it.

#12 ·
amazing machine...

#16 ·
Absolutely beautiful, and I'm sure it's a monster to ride! Maybe someday...

Someone told me they have "wheelie control" as well, where if it detects the front end of the bike lifting past a certain point, it will dumb down the torque to put it back on the ground... Of course it can be toggled on and off, in case you want to lift it up I guess...

#17 ·
Electronic shocks and a big price tag... I looked into buying a 2010 model last year but the insurance came in at over $200 a month so I stuck to my Honda! Also the one eyed headlight look isn't the most appealing... these were taking at the international motorcycle show in dallas. I've got pics of the regular one I can post also...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

#20 ·
I have a 2010 S1000RR....would love to have the HP4, but I'd have to eat beans for a long time afterwards to afford it:th_SmlyROFL:

#26 ·
No problem....I'm old and gettin' a bit senile.I just ride whichever bike my brother pulls out of the garage when we go riding:thumbsup: He just laughs when I ask him "Where'd all these damn bikes come from?":th_SmlyROFL:

#24 ·
Its a beast and i love the asymmetrics!

#25 ·
I would rather have this though....

Attachments

#29 ·
I have to give BMW (and other European manufactures) credit for pushing the envelope because it sure isn't coming from Honda. They just released the new 600RR and it STILL doesn't have a slipper clutch. I may not get a new bike for a year or more but pretty damn sure it won't be a Honda...

#30 ·
Really? No slipper clutch? WTF? And forget about getting a V4 liter bike from Honda. And what about TC, launch, and wheelie control? Not likely from the sources I have even though all of that stuff actually makes the bike safer to ride. It is good enough for their race bikes but F the public. At least BMW, Kawi, and Yamaha are trying to actually bring their race technology to street bikes. The three aforementioned companies understand that a good number of folks take their sport bikes to the track and expect them to be pretty much track ready. Honda...? Who knows? In superstock trim the CBR1000RR is a good race bike but to get it competitive in the superbike world takes a lot of cash and some stuff the factories just won't give you unless they are sponsoring you.

I am with you on looking at my next bike purchase. Since I only race now I will be looking at what bike to get as a race bike and right now Honda isn't high on my list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.