first year of cold riding - Page 4 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #31

I commute yr around, b/c I'm in CA. It sometimes gets as cold as 35, and in the windchill factor at freeway speeds, it is nippy.
I have heated grips on both my bikes, I use a neck gaitor if it's super cold, sometimes silk liners in the gloves. My commute is only 20 minutes on the bike, and being 5'5", I lay on the gas tank when I'm slabbing it. So My core doesn't really get cold, b/c the air flows right over me.
Before heated grip is was really hard. My hand would be red and physically hurt for a good hour after the commute was over.
I don't like winter gloves, too bulky for me.
numbafree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #32

this morning was coldest so far...most people I know start puting their bikes up when temp drops into 60s/50s. personally, im not gonna let the cold keep me off my bike. they just dont have the gear...its all about gear, but also its about determination...you cant be a @#%^...lol!! Seriously, all the gear does is get it to where its tolerable...I'm still cold in spots that kinda hurt...usually my face, and fingers and i would pay 1000 bucks to solve that fogging issue cause it makes me lift my visor and i cant watch for deer. you know...my commute is 15 mins at 5am and im ready to get there, but when i get off work, its not that bad and I still get to ride a little and i still get the gas mileage. Also, i dont turn too fast cause of tires......i say gear up and keep riding....its like a challenge and kinda fun. you get lots of attention too cause people cant believe your doing it when you have a perfectly good truck on driveway..lol. gotta be a little nutty i think....the weather is part of riding, it think...
Old 11-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #33

I agree Gordo.... I never let the weather stop me from riding... I keep a Balaclava handy in the bike and throw it on along with my jacket and gloves and keep it pushing...
1320Whtrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:03 AM   #34
meowwww!

gordo im loving your picture and yea im not letting the cold keep me off the bike
mhuffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #35

fogging up - I hear cat crap (real name, real product)

fog city visors liners are supposed to be good

http://www.fogcitysolutions.com/

Fog-Tech wipes in individual packets--they sell 'em at Cycle Gear, supposed to last for a day (awesome for 1 day).
numbafree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #36

Thanks...lol. my cousin and I had so much fun with that picture last holidays. we were like imagining what she might be like if she could talk...like,"huum girl...you knows i looks good?....uh, say whaaat? bahaha...i crack up every time i look at it! that gives me an idea...im gonna start a thread getting people to quote her....lol!! Wait..maybe bad idea..think it might offend someone? im new on here...dont want to start any trouble..lol!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #37

i meant to mention i got some silk liners for my gloves and they really make a differnce. last two mornings...same temp, same ride....first without and second with. it was noticble with silk liner..hand wasnt real cold. the othe thing is i losened up my jacket/layers/gloves, etc. that layer up right at my wrist cause the pressure was restricting blood flow to my hands and thats what makes them cold! you gotta keep warm blood circulating as much as poss...ive noticed?
Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #38
Georgia Interstate Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
i meant to mention i got some silk liners for my gloves and they really make a differnce.
I use silk glove liners too.
I allso bought the thickest motorcycle gloves I could find.
this combo works pretty well.however I still felt cold at 17 degrees, my fingers hurt.

If you want your fingers to not sting, buy heated gloves. someday I will.....

I lived in St.Pete. for allmost 20 years where people shiver and wear their sweaters below 70 degrees. (Ha,Ha) but this is a true story.....

Harry

(some folks are confused about this)

GM certified Tech.
ASE certified Master Tech.
ASE certified L-1 Tech.
Nissan certified Master Tech.
Old Sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #39

thats crazy...17 degree! everytime the temp drops by like 10 degrees im like, "this is a whole nother level of cold!" I dont know what that is like? lol
Old 11-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #40
meowwww!

i think people would find it funny as long as it didnt get to racist lol

and yea if its below 70 here you see everyone wearing fur lined jackets looking like eskemos hah

i got some s&s winter silk lined gloves and crusing at around 95 down the interstate this morning it was probably in the low 60's my hands got so hot i had to take them off

old sloppy alot of people that are not from florida do not understand the cold down here it suckssssss
mhuffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement