2008-2011 Blade exhaust question... - Page 2 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 04:35 AM   #11

Thanks for all replies..actually for looks alone I think no system beats the Taylormade as it cleans the bike like no other in my eyes...

What gets to me a bit is that it is made by a very small manufacturer that definitely did not invest in the R&D that for example Yoshimura or Akrapovic did on their systems..and it ain't cheap..

Since I will not be adding a PC at this time I am leaning towards a more 'proven' system..even though for looks, no system beats the Taylormade for me...
buddy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 05:35 AM   #12

If you put exhaust without power comander or other fuel manager, bike will run like shit. Trust me. You will be spending lots and lots of money.
When you upgrade something, it changes the fuel+air ration and than needs to be corected-tuned so the bike will run better.
Exhaust,powercomander,that has to go on dyno to be tuned properly,you are looking at least 1500 dolars, at least.
I had a friend here the he sold his bike recently, he went back to Honda Exhaust to make his bike quiet and gain the low and midrange power.
When you will have the money, get everything at once and instal it, tune it, and you will have some extra power, maybe 5 to 10 horse power.

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
GligorovDimce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GligorovDimce View Post
If you put exhaust without power comander or other fuel manager, bike will run like shit. Trust me. You will be spending lots and lots of money.
When you upgrade something, it changes the fuel+air ration and than needs to be corected-tuned so the bike will run better.
Exhaust,powercomander,that has to go on dyno to be tuned properly,you are looking at least 1500 dolars, at least.
I had a friend here the he sold his bike recently, he went back to Honda Exhaust to make his bike quiet and gain the low and midrange power.
When you will have the money, get everything at once and instal it, tune it, and you will have some extra power, maybe 5 to 10 horse power.
Thanks mate! Really appreciate your helpful reply...

In fact that is what I was really thinking. I will enjoy the bikes as is for now, then once I recover financially I will most probably go for a decent full exhaust system (I love SS headers ) and also fit a power commander.

Last question...will the PC need a custom map? I don't fully trust the bike shops equipped with dyno around here...will a Preset map OR PC Autotune work fine?

Thanks!
buddy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GligorovDimce View Post
Not necessarily. For a full system, a remap is highly advised, for a slip-on, less so.

I've been running around with that Akra slip-on without remapping since 2010. My GSXR ran a similar slip-on for over a year before I installed a PC and had it custom mapped. Both bikes still ran well, but a Bazzaz is in the works. Remapping a slip-on is more advantageous for smoother throttle response than outright power gains.

If the previous poster is considering a Power Commander, I recommend going ahead and getting it custom mapped as well. Those downloadable maps from the Dynojet site are notorious for being quite rich; our bikes run that way stock to start with, and a generic "plug-and-pray" map for one CBR100RR doesn't necessarily mean that it will work fine for another bike, even with the same mods. Custom maps aren't cheap but they're well worth it if you want to optimize the fueling for your bike. The GSXR has a custom map and I'm glad I got it done...look forward to having the Honda dyno'd and mapped as well, once I get my Bazzaz.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy13 View Post
Thanks for all replies..actually for looks alone I think no system beats the Taylormade as it cleans the bike like no other in my eyes...

What gets to me a bit is that it is made by a very small manufacturer that definitely did not invest in the R&D that for example Yoshimura or Akrapovic did on their systems..and it ain't cheap..

Since I will not be adding a PC at this time I am leaning towards a more 'proven' system..even though for looks, no system beats the Taylormade for me...

i have a taylormade for sale if u want it, pm me if ur interested
RC-DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #16
Marine 24/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-DEVIL View Post
i have a taylormade for sale if u want it, pm me if ur interested
You PMd me the other day and it says your unable to receive private messages

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
-Oil Cap
-Triple Tree Stem
-Timing Cover
Renthal Soft Grips
Puig Smoked Screen
Vortex Block Offs
DDM hids
Custom Stitched Corbin Seat
Shogun Sliders
Hotbodies F/E
Smoked Tail Light
Galfer S Braided Lines F/B
Galfer Pads
Flapper Mod
PCV w/Custom Dyno
Bazzaz Z-Bomb
Arrow GP2 Slip on
ASV Shortys
Honda CF Gas Cover
CRG 2" Bar Mirror
Felony RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #17
Huge Member

i love it when people that dont tune engines tell other people they will need to tune thiers by buying XXX...... meanwhile their bike usually has a off the internet, or crappy dyno tune.

MrDude_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felony RR View Post
You PMd me the other day and it says your unable to receive private messages

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

really? thats weird. i wonder y i hope its not still happening?
Old 11-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #19
Huge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-DEVIL View Post
really? thats weird. i wonder y i hope its not still happening?
make sure your inbox isnt full.
also, you may have to clear out your "sent" folder, or your "saved" folder.

MrDude_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #20

cant it hold like 500 messages im only at like 270ish? dooes the inbox have its own limit? i cant wait for this 60 day rule thing to end i have hella parts to sell and need to get rid of em and need my inbox to work lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement