Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

2008-2011 Blade exhaust question...

4K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  vo7208 
#1 ·
As a new owner of a late 2008 model with standard exhaust I am researching my options as to which slip on I should fit to my bike in the hopefully not so distant future :gay:..

Mainly it will be for:

- Looks. Original black paint is getting a bit tired.
- Sound. I want a deep but definitely not too loud note...
- Weight. Added advantage of decreased weight (even if the original weighs a bit more it has a low COG so it will not affect much..)

I don't care much about power gains. It's plenty strong enough...having said that a small power hike is always welcome as long as low, midrange torque is not affected :thumbsup:...

What..in your eyes are the best options for this bike? Do you recommend fitting a PC (or similar) or is it almost absolutely necessary? Please feel free to share your thoughts and post as many photos as you can!

#2 ·
If your unsure of a brand you want and it to be minimal power gain.. Then power commander is out of the question, but IMO don't even look at 2Broz just a waste of time.. Uhh. Arcra,jardine,arrow,m4, or even gut you stock exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
#7 ·
Baseball cards in your spokes!! BLUB blub blub blub blub!! Lol

#9 ·
Lol good point but if your flying thru the canyon it will sound like your putting thru the turn lol

#11 ·
Thanks for all replies..actually for looks alone I think no system beats the Taylormade as it cleans the bike like no other in my eyes...

What gets to me a bit is that it is made by a very small manufacturer that definitely did not invest in the R&D that for example Yoshimura or Akrapovic did on their systems..and it ain't cheap..

Since I will not be adding a PC at this time I am leaning towards a more 'proven' system..even though for looks, no system beats the Taylormade for me...

#12 ·
If you put exhaust without power comander or other fuel manager, bike will run like shit. Trust me. You will be spending lots and lots of money.
When you upgrade something, it changes the fuel+air ration and than needs to be corected-tuned so the bike will run better.
Exhaust,powercomander,that has to go on dyno to be tuned properly,you are looking at least 1500 dolars, at least.
I had a friend here the he sold his bike recently, he went back to Honda Exhaust to make his bike quiet and gain the low and midrange power.
When you will have the money, get everything at once and instal it, tune it, and you will have some extra power, maybe 5 to 10 horse power.

#13 ·
Thanks mate! Really appreciate your helpful reply...

In fact that is what I was really thinking. I will enjoy the bikes as is for now, then once I recover financially I will most probably go for a decent full exhaust system (I love SS headers :thefinger:) and also fit a power commander.

Last question...will the PC need a custom map? I don't fully trust the bike shops equipped with dyno around here...will a Preset map OR PC Autotune work fine?

Thanks!

#24 ·
+100

#27 ·
Mapped

+1 on having it custom mapped. Bought a 2008 with Yoshimura R-77 titanium and carbon rear exhaust from a friend. He never got it dyno tuned so I plopped in a Power Commander V and off to the Dyno it went. The bike was running much too lean across the powerband. Now it feels like velvet and ohhhh soooo smooth on acceleration! Very linear with such a good feel. While you're at it... drop in a BMC air filter for good breathing. Save up your money and get it all done right and you won't regret it!

#29 ·
+1 on having it custom mapped. Bought a 2008 with Yoshimura R-77 titanium and carbon rear exhaust from a friend. He never got it dyno tuned so I plopped in a Power Commander V and off to the Dyno it went. The bike was running much too lean across the powerband. Now it feels like velvet and ohhhh soooo smooth on acceleration! Very linear with such a good feel. While you're at it... drop in a BMC air filter for good breathing. Save up your money and get it all done right and you won't regret it!
This guy gets it. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.