Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

2012 & 2013 Difference

30K views 66 replies 21 participants last post by  NyteStalk3r 
#1 ·
I apologise in advance, I did do a search and a google search but got very little.

What is the difference if any between the 2012 CBR1000RR and the 2013 model.

If any are they significant...cheers and sorry again.

#2 ·
Colors offered is the only difference. Repsol version also.

We'll be stuck with this model for a couple more years. Great all around bike and still winning a few overall shootouts. All with a 6 year old platform!

We need more power and tc on the next cbr imo. And no midrange loss like the zx10 (after flash included) and the monster bmw. Tough to have top and mid though. Possible?

#13 ·
I got my 2012 CBR 1000rr for $11,097 before tax/tag/title/etc. It had an MSRP of $13,800. If you're getting black, the 2012 black is the same thing as the 2013 black. As for the respol (only found on the 2013), you are most definitely going to pay a pretty penny more for it than a 2012. Up to you man.. Whatever makes you happy :thumbsup:

#18 ·
My choice of red for my '12 model ended up being so popular that they brought it back for 2013. Wait, come to think of it, that's true for all the colors! Welcome back Repsol.

Man, I am old enough to love the looks of the new air cooled CB1000, chromed fenders and all! Reminds of my early bikes.

#22 ·
Ok so in order I am thinking of getting one of the following systems. Advice would be great..

1. Akrapovic full system or slip on?
2. Youshimura-if they do a full system.
3. Jardine full system

4. Leo Vince
5. Two Brothers

Exhaust cover
K&N filter

Thoughts please??

#23 ·
Why a full system? The stock headers actually flow quite well.

PS: Be advised that the oil filter clearance on some full systems (i.e. Akra) is quite tight.

#35 ·
Ok, I need help....not professional...:thumbsup:

I have located a photo of a CBR1000RR with the Yoshi full SS system and carbon hex can but I can't find one with the Akra full Titanium system and carbon hex cans, I am trying to do a comparo..

I have googled the crap out of it and cant find them nor on here..

Anyone please??

#43 ·
I felt the same, the cover was needed. Hence I got the Yoshi.

There are more available for the 2012 with the covers now, for instance the Leo Vince pipes and the Vance & Hines.

#58 ·
Honda: superior midrange, a huge plus for street riding.

Kawasaki: stomping top-end which is great for the track but less so for everyday real world riding.

You decide.

#60 ·
Hmm thank u. I have always been a kawi guy but the new blade just looks amazing to me. The wheels look awesome. I love the feel of the bike. Def felt better to me just by sitting on both. The zx-10 pulled me way down, I didn't feel very good on it but I'm afraid the honda Won't have the power I'm expecting, but then again it should have plenty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.