Question on a 2007 Honda CBR1000 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-18-2012, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Question Question on a 2007 Honda CBR1000

Does the 2007 Honda CBR1000 have a Catalytic Converter? Just asking cause if it doesn't and i just buy a slip on, isn't that a full exhaust? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Lifetime Premium

I'm not sure about Cali models but the others don't have a catalytic converter. No that really isn't a full exhaust. The aftermarket systems are more refined and have different demensions than the stock pipes. I only have a slipon so someone else may elaborate( not to mention correct my spelling).

2006 Red 1000rr
2006 Black 1000rr (CRASHED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Man Law: Thou must use the search feature when appropriate so thou does not get flamed.

Quote:
To better understand the coarse, belt-sander nature of asphalt at speed, simply apply an unprotected hand to the freeway’s surface the next time you’re the passenger in a car. If you’re unwilling to do this, how do you justify riding a motorcycle without protection?
post #3 of 4 Old 11-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Banned Camp Counselor

California is the only state where a catalytic converter is installed on the CBR1K. The cat is housed just below the midpipe at the end of the collectors (headers) on the right side of the bike. You will need to remove your right rearset to access.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-18-2012, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Wow! Didnt even know that. I want to purchase an exhaust from hyperflo but they dont offer a full. Thanks for the good info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page