Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Recall on the 2007 gas tank

840 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  crawler 
#1 ·
Hey guys i had a question regarding the recall on the gas tanks and the way the dealership perceives mods on a bike. If a bike has mods like an exhaust and upgraded air filters, will the dealer still replace the gas tank due to recalls? :confused::paranoid:

#2 ·
I forget what that one was, wasn't it just an overflow valve that was wrong? But I don't think you'll have a problem if I remember right, call and ask though(obviously don't say that you had any done).
I came across the same situation with the stator recall, i removed everything that wasn't stock and took the bike In naked, I was told over the phone that I would need to bring in the stock signals though, but when I got there the dude behind the counter barely new what he was soon so he didn't even ask.

"Do or Do not, There is no Try"

#4 ·
Thanks guys i appreciate the quick responses!

#5 ·
If memory serves, the recall on my '06 was for a faulty weld in/on the tank. I took mine in as it sits and had it checked out. Turns out it was o.k. to begin with, but they didn't say anything about the mods

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.