Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Brake lever switch question

1K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  Flipballer 
#1 ·
Fixing up project bike (05) and noticed brake light wasn't illuminating when leaver was pressed. Tracked it down to the front brake switch and realized there is nothing connecting switch and leaver. Can someone describe or take a pic of this part so I can buy/make it. thanks! :thumbsup:

#4 ·
Hi Flipballer , sorry it took so long to get back to you . Don't have mobile signal where I am staying . View attachment 59057 View attachment 59058 View attachment 59059 View attachment 59060
I hope this is what you looking for . When you have a look you will see that your brake light switch is screwed on to the brake lever with a small screw . It is all I can see . If this doesn't help you in any way then I will try and take it of and see that way if I can help you in a better way .

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#8 ·
I'm not sure if I was clear with what I'm looking for. If you look to the right of the nut you can see a small switch/button that clicks in and out, that is what triggers the brake light and is on the brake switch. The large silver piece pointing down is the end of the brake leaver. I'm looking for the part that connects the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#9 ·
There is no part that connects the two.
When the lever is released the silver tab should make contact
with the black switch pushing it in to turn off the brake light.

In your picture this is what it should look like when you squeeze the lever
Tab comes off the switch and the brake light comes on
Although there shouldn't be that much space between the tab and the switch.
It looks like something is bent or installed incorrectly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.