Noise from front wheel-front end!! - Page 2 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 Old 11-26-2012, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GligorovDimce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 7,518
here is the first video.

here is the first video, please listen!
noise comes between 40 mph and 20 mph.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN_5l...ature=youtu.be

2013 Suzuki Hayabusa Limited Edition

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
GligorovDimce is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 35 Old 11-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Visionary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: So California
Posts: 665
I've also read on other forums like GSX or Kawi...that if there isnt much lube (or the lube gets dry) between the brake pad pins...there brakes dont pull back fully after applying them...hence the noise...

04 Yamaha V Star 650
02 Triumph Daytona 955i
07 Honda CBR 1000rr



________________
‎"What can you ever really know of other people's souls—of their temptations, their opportunities, their struggles? One soul in the whole creation you do know: and it is the only one whose fate is placed in your hands."

"The only people who achieve much are those who want knowledge so badly that they seek it while the conditions are still unfavorable."
~ The Weight of Glory
Visionary is offline  
post #13 of 35 Old 11-26-2012, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GligorovDimce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 7,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionary View Post
I've also read on other forums like GSX or Kawi...that if there isnt much lube (or the lube gets dry) between the brake pad pins...there brakes dont pull back fully after applying them...hence the noise...
thats why when i bleeded the front and rear brakes and i remove pads and calipers,cleaned everything,lubed the pins and places where the pad slides with synthetic brake pads lube.that is taken care of.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN_5l...ature=youtu.be

2013 Suzuki Hayabusa Limited Edition

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
GligorovDimce is offline  
post #14 of 35 Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GligorovDimce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 7,518
uploading the second video on youtube now.

2013 Suzuki Hayabusa Limited Edition

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
GligorovDimce is offline  
post #15 of 35 Old 11-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Senior Member
 
noahb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by GligorovDimce View Post
how i will pull them out??
i only have replaced bearings on my trailer for my pick up truck,nut that trailer does not driver 160 mph.
how you put the new ones in?? dont you need a press?
Maybe I should've asked what the noise sounds like? I watched the video but I couldn't hear anything.

When you spin your front wheel on a stand or freely, how many rotations does it take to come to a stop or does it make any noise while rotating?


"Do or Do not, There is no Try"
noahb is offline  
post #16 of 35 Old 11-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Senior Member
 
noahb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionary View Post
Is it normal for the bearings to go bad at 1500miles? i practically have a new bike and im getting these weird scrapping noises from the left side(especially when i take a left corner)...so far research suggests i check...

1) wheel bearings
2) adjust chain
3) warped rotors
4) dust/rocks between brake and rotors
5) re-lubing speedo cable


sigh...
No. That's not normal..haha are you dragging something into your left corners? Scraping could mean rotors..depending on what you mean


"Do or Do not, There is no Try"
noahb is offline  
post #17 of 35 Old 11-26-2012, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GligorovDimce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 7,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb View Post
Maybe I should've asked what the noise sounds like? I watched the video but I couldn't hear anything.

When you spin your front wheel on a stand or freely, how many rotations does it take to come to a stop or does it make any noise while rotating?


"Do or Do not, There is no Try"
it rotates freely, makes lots of turns and all you hear is the normal sound when pads and barely touching the rotors.same or similar sound its on car when you mount new rotors and new bad.
you can hear it on that first video ,typical bearing sound when i shifted in neutral and from 40 mph when drops back to 25 mph.

2013 Suzuki Hayabusa Limited Edition

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
GligorovDimce is offline  
post #18 of 35 Old 11-26-2012, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GligorovDimce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 7,518
here is the second video!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HOdV...ature=youtu.be

2013 Suzuki Hayabusa Limited Edition

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
GligorovDimce is offline  
post #19 of 35 Old 11-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Senior Member
 
hyco_honda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Elon/Hyco Lake
Posts: 225
definately take the front wheel off and inspect the bearings, axle, seals, brake pads, calipers.

put your finger inside the rim and manually spin the bearing with your finger. you shouldn't feel any grit or play. Inspect the front axle, it should have a light coat of grease on it and no signs of the the bearing wearing on the axle. (it should be completely smooth) if a bearing starts to go bad it will start to spin quite a bit on the axle. inspect the seals.

i've seen folks put wheels on without cleaning the grit and old grease from all the mating surfaces, seals etc. (this will cause bearing failure and a ton of noise in short order) i use wd-40 sprayed on a clean shop towel to clean all the old grease and grit off the axles, spacers, seals, inner bearing surfaces, mating fork and swing arm surfaces. (do not spray the wd-40 directly on the bearings just the shop towel and use it to wipe the surfaces only) apply fresh grease to the axles and dust seals, then reassembly.

power washing or car washes i'd be careful not to blow water past the dust seal into the axle and bearings. (also keep high pressure away from the radiator)

take the brake pads off and inspect for even wear and to insure nothing is imbedded into the pad material. i personally have had a small piece of metal in one of mine. looked like it came that way in the pad? wtf

ebc pads on my 061krr made a squealing noice that drove me nuts, finally went back to oem pads.

Stay Thirsty My Friends
hyco_honda is offline  
post #20 of 35 Old 11-27-2012, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GligorovDimce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 7,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyco_honda View Post
definately take the front wheel off and inspect the bearings, axle, seals, brake pads, calipers.

put your finger inside the rim and manually spin the bearing with your finger. you shouldn't feel any grit or play. Inspect the front axle, it should have a light coat of grease on it and no signs of the the bearing wearing on the axle. (it should be completely smooth) if a bearing starts to go bad it will start to spin quite a bit on the axle. inspect the seals.

i've seen folks put wheels on without cleaning the grit and old grease from all the mating surfaces, seals etc. (this will cause bearing failure and a ton of noise in short order) i use wd-40 sprayed on a clean shop towel to clean all the old grease and grit off the axles, spacers, seals, inner bearing surfaces, mating fork and swing arm surfaces. (do not spray the wd-40 directly on the bearings just the shop towel and use it to wipe the surfaces only) apply fresh grease to the axles and dust seals, then reassembly.

power washing or car washes i'd be careful not to blow water past the dust seal into the axle and bearings. (also keep high pressure away from the radiator)

take the brake pads off and inspect for even wear and to insure nothing is imbedded into the pad material. i personally have had a small piece of metal in one of mine. looked like it came that way in the pad? wtf

ebc pads on my 061krr made a squealing noice that drove me nuts, finally went back to oem pads.
Thanks mister, thats gonna be something that i will do for the weekend.
I apreciate your advice.

2013 Suzuki Hayabusa Limited Edition

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
GligorovDimce is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome