Noise from front wheel-front end!! : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 06:15 AM   #1

Noise from front wheel-front end!!

Okay guys i have a question, i tried to look at the search button and all it came up problem with brake pads that people had!
Recently my bike started to have some strange noise from the front wheel,it was mosly on braking before i stop on trafic light or under braking.
Now it started to have it on acceleration, steady driving, and de-acceleration,and also under braking.
Also when i was driving steady at 60 mph i press the clutch and the noise was still there !its there in all gears and moslty its on de-acceleration and under braking.
Bike has new michelin pilot power tires that were put 2000 miles ago, and Honda of Fairfield performed clutch re-recal/update just this september and i have put probarly 300 miles since then.
I put the bike on stands and checked front wheel, nothing is loosen or missing,no play when you try to shake it, and i have checked the brakes, bleeded the sistem, no bubbles, brake pads were removed,cleaned,calipers also,nicely cleaned and puttet back together and didnt had that noise after that.
Normal sound of braker touching disks when you turn the wheel while on stands.
Any info or anybody that had this problem please let me know. I will apreciate that a lot.
Thanks

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
GligorovDimce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #2

Have you noticed the noise more/less on certain types of pavement. I have the Power Pures & I thought I had a bad wheel bearing because I was getting a rumble type of noise. I noticed that it comes & goes depending on the type of road surface.
daveblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
Lifetime Premium

I'm still dealing with my noise problem too...yesterday took it on the freeway and noticed the scrapping noise at 65mph+....im also thinking its bad wheel bearings....good luck brother

‎"What can you ever really know of other people's souls—of their temptations, their opportunities, their struggles? One soul in the whole creation you do know: and it is the only one whose fate is placed in your hands."

"The only people who achieve much are those who want knowledge so badly that they seek it while the conditions are still unfavorable."
~ The Weight of Glory
Visionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #4

Wheel Bearings for sure . Dont go the cheap route when you replace them . Or it may be your exhaust bearings
*RJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #5

If its nots coming from the rotors making contact wih the brake pads then it's your bearings, not too hard to replace. Best trick that helps, throw the bearings in the freezer and get a heat gun for the wheels (Id say you could use a hair dryer like I did, but I blew my girls up when I replaced mine over the summer)

"Do or Do not, There is no Try"
noahb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb View Post
If its nots coming from the rotors making contact wih the brake pads then it's your bearings, not too hard to replace. Best trick that helps, throw the bearings in the freezer and get a heat gun for the wheels (Id say you could use a hair dryer like I did, but I blew my girls up when I replaced mine over the summer)

Is it normal for the bearings to go bad at 1500miles? i practically have a new bike and im getting these weird scrapping noises from the left side(especially when i take a left corner)...so far research suggests i check...

1) wheel bearings
2) adjust chain
3) warped rotors
4) dust/rocks between brake and rotors
5) re-lubing speedo cable

sigh...

‎"What can you ever really know of other people's souls—of their temptations, their opportunities, their struggles? One soul in the whole creation you do know: and it is the only one whose fate is placed in your hands."

"The only people who achieve much are those who want knowledge so badly that they seek it while the conditions are still unfavorable."
~ The Weight of Glory
Visionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #7

hey guys, thanks for responces. i just took video of bike and will upload shortly.
i drove it slow today and when its gonna be arround 50 mph i will put it in neutral and will leave it to roll like that, i can hear the noise, sounds like a bearing to me.
but than i leaned toward the middle of bike on the left side where is the small sporcket,i heard noise from there also.then when i came home i put bike on stands and started and tried in every gear, there was a little noise comming from the chain and the small sprocket like there is to much lube on it, but thats different from what i heared on the road.
bike has on 8600 miles. how its possible to have bad bearings?
uploading videos now and will post them in about 20 min .takes to long to upload here so i will upload on youtube and post the link.
chain is addjusted and cleaned and lubed, when was standing on stand and put it in thry the gears and released clutch and just sqeeze the throttle little you can hear some sounds , but i think thats from that there is not load on the wheel and chain fly freely.
there is 1 inch free play on chain.

here is the video!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN_5l...ature=youtu.be

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR

Last edited by GligorovDimce; 11-26-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: editing the video
Old 11-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveblank View Post
Have you noticed the noise more/less on certain types of pavement. I have the Power Pures & I thought I had a bad wheel bearing because I was getting a rumble type of noise. I noticed that it comes & goes depending on the type of road surface.
nope, the noise is the same on every pavement. i tried on local roads,highways and interstate with new asphalt.all the same noise.and seems like noise is louder when you drive longer.

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
Old 11-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionary View Post
I'm still dealing with my noise problem too...yesterday took it on the freeway and noticed the scrapping noise at 65mph+....im also thinking its bad wheel bearings....good luck brother
you still havent found it? fuck it.
maybe i will drive it arround 200 miles more and see where i stand.
bike has new clutch, so i am only affraid that its not the crank.

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
Old 11-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb View Post

how i will pull them out??
i only have replaced bearings on my trailer for my pick up truck,nut that trailer does not driver 160 mph.
how you put the new ones in?? dont you need a press?

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement