I know this is a dick move but.. - Page 2 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #11

Hooray to all of the good guys.. Hope you all never go 1mph over the speed limit as well..GTFOH..lol . To the OP, it happens.. I don't think it's a big deal. I do it from time to time but not always. If traffic is backed up, im not about to sit in the back of the line and catch the light AGAIN and let the bike shoot up to 212 215 220 degrees Fahrenheit between my legs.. Besides.. When you go to the front of the line, 9-10 out of 10 chances you accelerate faster than 99% of the cars behind you anyway so you're not holding up the line or holding anyone back.
1320Whtrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #12

Dick move for sure. Cutting a little on the right to turn right is fine in a non lane splitting state.. but cutting all the way across stopped traffic isn't dick its retarded as f*ck. As for the person above me, use your brain.. Turn right on the same road, U-turn and then go straight down the road you wanted to make a Left on. What would be funny as hell is, as you are crossing stopped traffic, if the light turned green and you got mowed down. I never even did this retarded sh*t in a state where lane splitting was legal and I did some stupid things. Jesus.
unirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by unirr View Post
Dick move for sure. Cutting a little on the right to turn right is fine in a non lane splitting state.. but cutting all the way across stopped traffic isn't dick its retarded as f*ck. As for the person above me, use your brain.. Turn right on the same road, U-turn and then go straight down the road you wanted to make a Left on. What would be funny as hell is, as you are crossing stopped traffic, if the light turned green and you got mowed down. I never even did this retarded sh*t in a state where lane splitting was legal and I did some stupid things. Jesus.
Maybe one of us is misinterpreting the OP's thread..... He never said the extreme right lane, nor middle lane. Maybe he means the lane to the right of the left turn lane... IDK...... I am assuming the lane to the right of the left turn lane.. If it is the extreme right lane to cut all the way left, that is stupid I will agree.. But then again you're on a bike.. Why would you need to go all the way right to cut back left. You can easily split lanes down the middle to the front. OP can you confirm?
1320Whtrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #14

Haha, Americans can be so funny. We do it all the time here. Cut through traffic, up to the red lights, every time. I'm not stopping 30 cars back in heavy traffic, I'd take my car if I wanted to waste my time in traffic jams. All bikes here will move to the front and then, when at the front move to the correct lane for which ever way they are turning. Who exactly is gonna get upset!?!?

Current Bikes:
2012 CBR 1000RR
2013 Kawasaki Z800
PeteBKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #15

Why ride your bike if you planning to sit in traffic . Isn't that the idea of riding bike . To stay ahead of traffic no matter what . If ever you decide to come to SA , bring a bucket full of Nerve calming tabs with cause you will shit yourselve when you see what most of these people here do in there cars . As a biker you have to be wide awake . Don't even have time to look at the speedo while riding . Jelousy rules here . You have to fly thru the cars cause people try to knock you from your bike with there fricken cars ..

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Eugene HRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #16
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by unirr View Post

You think it would be funny if he got mowed down? You are a dick! who are you to laugh if somebody gets hit by a car? I hope while your out being the perfect rider you get mowed down you POS!

Sent from my Phucking Fone
PAIR Mod
Flapper Mod
PCV
Z Bomb
O2 Eliminator
LSL Case Sliders

Puig DB Smoke Windscreen
Grey Renthal Full Diamond Grips
Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator Kit
Shogun Swingarm Slider Spools
Integrated Tail Light
ESRM Delete Chip
Street Hooks
R6 Throttle Tube Mod
CRG Blk/Rd Shorty Levers
Sub Frame Powdercoated Black
More To Come
SNEAKERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #17
LEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEAKERHEAD View Post
You are a dick! who are you to laugh if somebody gets hit by a car? I hope while your out being the perfect rider you get mowed down you POS!

I don't do it personally but have seen it done, as a fellow rider it wouldn't bother me if someone did it to me, but I can see how others would get ticked about it even if it doesn't cause any harm. I don't lane split either but traffic is never bad where I ride so there is no need for it.

And Sneakerhead, your comment applies to yourself as well if you are wanting another rider to be hit for obeying the traffic laws. If someone were to get hit it shouldn't be the one following the rules.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #18
Sixty Four D Driver

No one should be hit PERIOD!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 11-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #19
Got Adrenaline?

Your lucky you did not become a statistic, bad move.

Be safe out there.

PCV w/IRC & Dyno Tuned, Yoshimura R77 Carbon Fiber
BMC Air Filter, CRG Levers, CRG Rearsets

To My Beloved Father RIP, Love You Dad
TonyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #20

We have count down timers on our traffic lights, so you know approximately when traffic will move. Perfect for "repositioning" yourself to the front and to the side you choose.

Current Bikes:
2012 CBR 1000RR
2013 Kawasaki Z800
PeteBKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement