I know this is a dick move but.. - Page 3 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #21
Sixty Four D Driver

Imagine 3 lane road with left turn lane at a red light. The turn lane is jam packed and further up toward the light is a 20' distance between two cars. I pull up through the middle lane, not lane splitting, signal and scoot in this slot. This is how it happened. My benefit? I make the light without endangering anyone and without having to go up and turn around. Just upset a few cagers because they are jealous and not the car I got in front of either. Way less dangerous of a maneuver than what some cagers do.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #22

^ So you are saying that you scooted into that "20 foot" gap in the left turning lane in order to make the left turn at the intersection, correct?

If so, I'd say that's not a popular move due to the other motorists backed up in that turning lane - I could see why they were mad at you.

YMMV
-Leo Vince SBK Oval EVOII Carbon #7949
-Bazzaz Z-Bomb -PC-V -K&N air filter
-ECV/servo motor delete & pdfruth's ESRM
-Flapper Delete (click ME for "how to" pics!)
-Volt HID H7 bulbs -Clear Stompgrips
-HRC solo rear cowl -HRC carbon fiber tank pad
-Honda Energy Seat -Yoshimura FE

-'06 Black/Metallic Gray RC-51
-'08 Pearl Orange CBR 600RR (sold)
COBRA90GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #23
Sixty Four D Driver

Exactly. Just one motorist that was pissed enough to voice it as he was behind me until I switched lanes. Told me he had my license he was going to report me. Not like I do this every day, its just from the road I came off didn't allow me to follow in at the end of the turn lane cus it was so backed up.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:50 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnychimpo View Post
Exactly. Just one motorist that was pissed enough to voice it as he was behind me until I switched lanes. Told me he had my license he was going to report me. Not like I do this every day, its just from the road I came off didn't allow me to follow in at the end of the turn lane cus it was so backed up.

I laugh when someone says that.... " I got your license plate! I'm gonna report you!" I tell them I have theirs too so we can go make a report together on each other.
1320Whtrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #25
JM1

I do it every day. What's the point of riding a bike if you can't exploit it's advantages?

The people saying "you're spoiling it for the rest of us" really need to get some perspective and perhaps also stop acting like victims.

Do you also think that people who happen to use bikes in crime also give bikers a bad reputation? It's obviously nonsense and only applies to those who aren't capable of understanding that each human is an individual and there is no such thing as "bikers".
JM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM1 View Post
The people saying "you're spoiling it for the rest of us" really need to get some perspective and perhaps also stop acting like victims.

Do you also think that people who happen to use bikes in crime also give bikers a bad reputation? It's obviously nonsense and only applies to those who aren't capable of understanding that each human is an individual and there is no such thing as "bikers".
+1

I will take advantage wisely from riding a bike to get to where I need to go faster. use your judgement wisely, you are the only one that can see what's possible to do, taking chances?? we do that just by getting on the bike, so might as well use it. I was a polite rider and give spaces to cagers until I was pretty well by a cager who caused my accident and took off and I broke 4 bones
SamRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #27
The Tokolosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene HRC View Post
Why ride your bike if you planning to sit in traffic . Isn't that the idea of riding bike . To stay ahead of traffic no matter what . If ever you decide to come to SA , bring a bucket full of Nerve calming tabs with cause you will shit yourselve when you see what most of these people here do in there cars . As a biker you have to be wide awake . Don't even have time to look at the speedo while riding . Jelousy rules here . You have to fly thru the cars cause people try to knock you from your bike with there fricken cars ..

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
yup in SA, badddddddd. i noticed in SA and Namibia that if you have a fast anything, you use it, gotten blow-bys by bmw x5's, porches, landcruiser wagons, and even polos at 180-190+... and all while donley carts are on the road....lol
africaguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #28

I have a coupe times, but I put my signal on and them waved afterwards. That way, no one got mad, and they all smiled and waved back. Then again, I don't think drivers are as angry here.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Jamin466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #29
Georgia Interstate Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnychimpo View Post
Imagine 3 lane road with left turn lane at a red light. The turn lane is jam packed and further up toward the light is a 20' distance between two cars. I pull up through the middle lane, not lane splitting, signal and scoot in this slot. This is how it happened. My benefit? I make the light without endangering anyone and without having to go up and turn around. Just upset a few cagers because they are jealous and not the car I got in front of either. Way less dangerous of a maneuver than what some cagers do.
As far as I can tell, you are not breaking the law.........

Harry

(some folks are confused about this)

GM certified Tech.
ASE certified Master Tech.
ASE certified L-1 Tech.
Nissan certified Master Tech.
Old Sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #30
Georgia Interstate Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin466 View Post
I put my signal on and them waved afterwards. That way, no one got mad, and they all smiled and waved back.
#1 you put your signal on....a polite move IMO
#2 you waved........a polite move

a lot of problems/angry cagers can be avoided by being polite..

Harry

(some folks are confused about this)

GM certified Tech.
ASE certified Master Tech.
ASE certified L-1 Tech.
Nissan certified Master Tech.
Old Sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement