Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Is there any way to get some HP out of the 2012-13 Blade?

8K views 86 replies 25 participants last post by  cifa0000 
#1 ·
Is there anyway to get some hp back Into the Fireblade? I know full system exhaust, pcv or bazazz, but what else?

#41 ·
Ok guys I get it.. I'm aware of the obvious, but thanks though. Idk what I would do without some of your input.

Now to a few of the others, thanks for the actual help and info. I was just wondering some of the best mods to bump up the hp a lil bit and I do realize the honda is a torque machine.

#44 ·
Dominate - not sure how much money you have to blow on this bike. and I'm sure some of what I say below is in your thread, but I didn't want to read thru all the guys telling you the bike is fast enough.

1) weight loss: lose the stock exhaust, servo motor, stupid air flaps in the intake, get a lithium battery, lighter wheels.

2) piggyback fuel module (pick whatever one you want), ignition controller. If you don't want a fuel management thingy, you could go with a HRC, or reflash on the ECU, I have one on my 600cc bike, love it.

3) do the R6 1/6 throttle tube install: http://www.1000rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70442

#46 ·
I'm one of the few gals on the forum... no worries.

my 2011 has a slip on (servo delete, and air intake flap delete) and power commander V, ignition controller, custom tune... here's the dyno (158 hp, 79 ft-lb):

#52 ·
@DOminate I have an extra Dynojet IRC, which is the same as a Zbomb, that I can ship you for $20 if you end up getting the CBR. It's been in a box for two years. It's for a 09, but I think it will work on the '12. anyone verify that?

Cheap mod for 5-7 HP and a must have on a US spec Blade.

#56 ·
@DB the dynojet site has them listed for the 08-12 model so it should work. Man if I get the IRC, PCV, and the Austin racing can I should be around 165hp lol. Not bad really because the zx-10r only has 172 after the ecu reflash I believe.

And I will still be able to eat em up in mid range correct?

#59 ·
Bro... you can pimp w/o HP mods.. No one knows or cares what perf. mods you have except the bros who like to circle jerk at meetups. Cruisin ? The stock power is already a bit much for cruisin .. Wheelies.. Fly in the face of cruising and if you lean on the throttle in any gear too hard your front wheel will be off the ground.. It's not hard to wheelie.. way to easy if you ask me.

Focus on getting enough $$$ together to get the bike .. then think about mods .. I personally think its a good way to waste money for street riding on a 1000rr .. but wtvr, you need those mods in your life. :popcorn2:

#60 ·
I get what your saying but trust me man.. I'm not new to liter bikes. Just new to Honda haha. I have had a 08 ZX-10R, a 07 Gixxer 1000, and a 11 Gixxer 1000, i also had an 06 R6, 11 Harley streetglide, 11 Honda Fury lol.

I am also the type of guy to research before my purchase and mods is a part of my research. Wife says i have OCD when it comes to my bikes but i call it passion. During my looking at bikes and mods i like to figure out the best bang for buck. I can get a better price on the honda, but i also like to see how much it might cost me to get the bike how i want it a lil bit before hand.

Also it seems my sarcasm goes unnoticed around here haha. Trust me i can cruise just fine on any of big japs, i dont really do meet ups but i do like to know how much power im rocking just in case someone wants to test me hahaha ( again thats a joke ).

The money is there for any bike i choose, even the Duck 1199 Panigale but them things feel horrid in the cockpit. Id rather spend $10,000 on the honda and a mother couple grand getting her to run how i like.

#61 ·
I have a 2012 1000rr with the Taylor Made exhaust and PCV pre mapped by Taylor Made Racing. I had the bike ran on a dyno and the bike put down 161hp to the tire. We did not do the torque due to time restraints and also I have the BMC race filter installed. I think that the bike would have put more HP down but the IRC that was on the bike at the time of the dyno test was bad...

#63 ·
Thanks guys. I am thinking about doing the full power up kit from Taylormade or the Austin Racing exhaust plus their pre mapped PCV, they said the slip on itself plus the pcv adds 8hp, then u can get more with a custom tune as well.

What is the flapper mod and how do i do it? lol

#79 ·
12 has a flapper and it works the same way as the write up for the 08 says, i did block off plates while i was in there and a k&n at the same time.

#67 ·
Lol not really a baller. I work hard for everything I have. I don't rich parents who spoil me or buy me everything. When I was 15 I bought my own dirt bike and have been buying everything myself since. I don't work in an office doing a 9-5 either haha. I work a mans job, I make steel pipe.

Anyway, I'm just trying to get an idea about things. Id really need to ride one though.

#68 ·
Lol not really a baller. I work hard for everything I have. I don't rich parents who spoil me or buy me everything. When I was 15 I bought my own dirt bike and have been buying everything myself since. I don't work in an office doing a 9-5 either haha. I work a mans job, I make steel pipe.

Anyway, I'm just trying to get an idea about things. Id really need to ride one though.
Yeah man.. I mean, this thing 'stock' throws my scrawny little arse around :th_SmlyROFL:. I am coming from a 600 though but it seems to have more than enough juice to wheelie,get up and go, and just that perfect balance for milder riding on the street. Already has a hairpin throttle. In another thread riders were saying how they sometimes have it in 5th on the street... It's a bit much to be in other gears. I'm not a wheelie fan at all .. came out of a turn the other day and went to get in another lane to pass up a cager.. decide to give it some juice.. just rolling slowly on throttle .. next thing you know the front is up in the air.. so i try to go up a gear but still try to accelerate .. boom.. its up again.. I'm like wtf .. :stirpot:... 3rd gear.. roll on.. It's up again.. :th_SmlyROFL::th_SmlyROFL: .. I chilled out and couldn't stop :th_SmlyROFL:. Meanwhile this is slightly rush hour and people must be like :cussing: wtf is wrong w/ this kid. :hangloose: yo'

#69 ·
Haha nice man.. I'm looking for something a lil easier to wheelie cuz my other bikes took a bit of work in anything other than 1st.. I'm not a fan of first gear wheelies lol. So I'm thinking the honda would be the most fun for me.

#73 ·
It will wheelie easier than the 10 you had. I owned a 10 and I can verify that. Throw on some different sprockets and even more so. Those 3rd gen 10s were harder to wheelie imo. Wheelbase and weight maybe.

Put on a $15 R6 throttle tube and a zbomb or dynojet irc and those alone will make a difference. For very little $. Tube install is a sticky i think.

#74 ·
Nice thank u. Well I'm buying ur IRC, I will be getting a pcv with my Austin racing exhaust. Plus a BMC or Pipercross air filter and a 520 chain conversion kit -1 +2, and the 1/5 throttle insert from Rifleman over at zx-10r site. Bikes going to be an acceleration machine haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.