Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Is there any way to get some HP out of the 2012-13 Blade?

8K views 86 replies 25 participants last post by  cifa0000 
#1 ·
Is there anyway to get some hp back Into the Fireblade? I know full system exhaust, pcv or bazazz, but what else?

#7 ·
honestly- what would you realistically need more power for?

most tracks do not have enough room for a full speed opening of the throttle, and on the street it will be far more than enough to be arrested for. in fact the reason that the BMW S1000RR was taken down in hp was due to simply being too much of a beast for most reviewers. they have mostly been saying that the power of the BMW feels more manageable now.

i understand looking at the numbers and thinking this way, but in all reality we as a general public at a non-pro level simply do not need more.

#13 · (Edited)
yeah. but you gotta 120 to get to it. post flash included. if I'm not mistaken the CBR still wins the quarter mile but if I had to get a different bike it would def be the 10. The new gen is a damn sweet bike for sure and a beast at what it was made to do.

Bike already has most torque of all inline 4s from 2012 Superbike Smackdown. Even that piece of sh!t beemer, the creepy green bike,yada,yada,yada. Just ride it.
torque is where it's at. who the hell rides around at 140? track I can see.

it's the same as any other bike. exhaust, filter, bazazz or pcv, a zbomb and a great tune. you'll never beat a 10 or a BMW in a top end race but I've left a few for dead in a near quarter around the city etc. and that's really all that matters to me. on the track those clowns would murder me probably, but I don't give two shits. we have one of the fastest liter bikes in every day situations and if some joker is faster to 170 than I am so be it. I'm not following them out to a deserted road so they can prove it to me. you won't be disappointed with the CBR's power, it's just in a different place.

#9 ·
LOL honestly i still shit :bricks: every time i pin the throttle on all of my bikes (except the V star-which is more like a huge grin lol) :shrug:

#15 ·
Thank u db for that input. I wasn't looking to start a war or argument or get 100 smart ass replies lol. I was just wondering what most guys are getting after the mods. I don't drag race or ride above 120 for very long so 190hp is pointless for me. I'm a straight street rider and if I did go to a track it would just be for fun not to try to race all those high hp guys.

#18 ·
Your concern is very realistic my friend. And you want to make the right choice for you. That's the way it should be. If you want ultimate HP than the Honda is not your bike. But if your last bike was a 08 10 then you will be in awe of the CBR midrange. I can promise you that. If I was closer to you I would let you ride mine and see how you like it. It is so much easier to ride compared to the 10 I had. But that was a 08 10. And you have made an interesting point about the CBR being linear or boring. The power hits differently that's all I can say.

:hail: Didn't know there was another pro cbr person on here. All I fuckin hear is BMW this and Kawi that. WTF? There are forums for that crap. :th_salute:
Agreed. All super nice bikes but this a Honda site after all

#25 ·
I want a bike to keep my front end up lol. I was in a stunt crew when I had my 07 gsxr1000 and when I got the 08 10R I couldn't get the front end up and keep it up lol.

Umm let me go look where I read that at BRB.

Edit : it said 20% less HP than the BMW my bad. Got it wrong.

#28 ·
I agree that the CBR's mighty midrange makes it king on the street...in my book that's exactly what I want. Were I to race a literbike (yeah right, anyone want to be my tire sponsor?) I would lean towards the Bimmer.

PS: Funny how some say that the S1000RR is butt-ugly. Was not the same thing said about a certain redesigned CBR back in 2008?

#34 ·
That's your opinion. :thefinger: I had an 1999, a 2002 and an '04. To me they were (and still are, up to 2009 anyway) the sexiest literbikes to ever come out of Japan. If I could afford to have a stable of bikes, there would definitely be an R1 or two in the fleet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.