2008 CBR1000RR wont start fuel pump problem? : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #1

2008 CBR1000RR wont start fuel pump problem?

Ok so I bought a 2008 CBR1000RR that had been laid down at low speeds. So I paid someone to put on a set of china fairings I had laying around. Now the bike wont start. It was starting and running great when I bought it. Then it sat for about 6 months before I decided to do anything with it and had the fairings put on.

However, I did start up the bike after the new fairings were put on. Here is a rough time line. I bought the bike 6 months ago and it ran great. I got the fairings put on 2 weeks ago (I started up the bike 1 or 2 times after the fairings were put on to make sure everything was good). 1 week ago my friend pressure washed the bike, I did not try to start the bike or even turn the key on. 2-3 days ago I decided to take pics so I could put it up for sale and the bike wouldn't start (low battery it had been sitting for 6 months. I put it on a battery tender for a couple days, the battery was fully charged, and today it would crank but no fuel pump noise.

I have another 08 CBR1k and when I turn the key on that I can hear the pump coming on but on this bike I don't hear anything when I turn the key. I tried swapping the fuel pump relay with the stop engine relay and also another relay but it didn't fix the problem. I also tried turning the switch on the handlebars on and off but that didn't work either. What should I try next? I'm thinking water from the pressure washer messed it up, I saw him do it and he never got too close to the bike. He was just washing down the plastics and the frame (previous owner got plastidip all over the bike and we were trying to take it off).

I've also tried a battery from my GSXR1k and it had the same problem. With the CBR battery high beams work, all the lights on the dash work, it will crank fine, but the fuel pump wont come on.

I'm reading up that it might be the bank angle sensor? How would I check this? I'm gonna get a volt meter, is there any place I should be checking for correct voltage, grounds, etc? I've never done it before.

This guy made a mess of things when he put the fairings on. The hoses and wires to the side fairings aren't in properly and I can see wires everywhere. Can these just be removed? The vacuum tubes and the sensors with the wires. I read somewhere that you can just take them out.
abuzar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2013, 10:20 PM   #2

fuel pump not priming

Use a long screw driver and look under the tank. Locate the fuel pump. Gently tap oonit and it should activate it. Get progressively harder with the taps but don't get carried away. ftw4chris@gmail.com. let me know if this helps. Note: this won't continue to work very long.
ftw4chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #3

Hopefully, he's gotten it to start since he posted this nearly 7 months ago.

BTW, welcome aboard.
TedEbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #4

Thank you very much for trying to help, you were the first one after 7 months!

Just in case someone has the same problem I bypassed the Bank Angle Sensor and the bike started. After that I replaced the sensor and it was good to go.
abuzar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #5

Lol I'm a little green. Didn't even think of looking at the date just assumed it was new because of no replys. However the responses to my response may help me with my problem. Thanks for the welcoming.
ftw4chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuzar1 View Post

Just in case someone has the same problem I bypassed the Bank Angle Sensor and the bike started. After that I replaced the sensor and it was good to go.
Hey abuzar1 how did you do the bypass the Bank Angle Sensor. have the same problem from trying to put on Spy 5000m Alarm on a 2008 CBR 1000 now i dont hear the fuel pump.

Does anybody knows how to wire the Spy 5000m Alarm on a 2008 CBR 1000? Cause i f-ing my bike up doing it myself!
DjOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #7

Any updates on this?
11blade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11blade View Post
Any updates on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abuzar1 View Post

It was the BAS it seems.
MBZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement