Ooops i did it again! 2nd crash!! - Page 2 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #11

God speed on the recovery man.
ElMigs707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #12

Sorry to hear about the wreck man and it's very mature of you to be able to man up to your own mistakes.. I say stick with it but know when to trust your gut feeling and stay away if you're no in the best of conditions to be riding..
1320Whtrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #13

Thanks guys for the wishes, appreciate it!

The first crash wasn't my fault at all, a guy came on a one way road & hit me from the back. Walked away from that one though.

This time round it's totally my fault, should never have gone out of the house in that state. I've been on the same roads a dozen times before this but when you're off your game you never know what's going to happen!

Unfortunately we don't have any tracks in my country, it is a very expensive hobby over here & not a lot of people have bikes. Just to give you an idea a 2010 jap literbike goes for around $20'000 over here. If we had tracks i would never ride on the street. Sadly the only way we can get our fix is to hit the twisties & with that there come a lot of risks.

I also doubt i could've saved the crash if i'd been on a bike with TC/ABS. I think i didn't even attempt to brake, guess i thought i would make it until it was too late. This is my 4th bike & i never crashed any of the first three.

At the end of the day though, no one's to blame but me & i've learned a very expensive & painful lesson. I don't think i can ever give up on motorcycling, probably going to lay low for a few months until my wife relaxes a little bit.

Going to fix the bike sell it & probably get a Honda S2000 or something.
Getafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #14

Im glad your going to recover and sorry to hear about the bike but bikes can always be replaced. Instead of not riding anymore why not ride a harley or something
Big Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #15
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getafix View Post
Thanks guys for the wishes, appreciate it!

The first crash wasn't my fault at all, a guy came on a one way road & hit me from the back. Walked away from that one though.

This time round it's totally my fault, should never have gone out of the house in that state. I've been on the same roads a dozen times before this but when you're off your game you never know what's going to happen!

Unfortunately we don't have any tracks in my country, it is a very expensive hobby over here & not a lot of people have bikes. Just to give you an idea a 2010 jap literbike goes for around $20'000 over here. If we had tracks i would never ride on the street. Sadly the only way we can get our fix is to hit the twisties & with that there come a lot of risks.

I also doubt i could've saved the crash if i'd been on a bike with TC/ABS. I think i didn't even attempt to brake, guess i thought i would make it until it was too late. This is my 4th bike & i never crashed any of the first three.

At the end of the day though, no one's to blame but me & i've learned a very expensive & painful lesson. I don't think i can ever give up on motorcycling, probably going to lay low for a few months until my wife relaxes a little bit.

Going to fix the bike sell it & probably get a Honda S2000 or something.

Glad you're alright brother, previous comment about "trusting gut" feeling is huge! Hope you recover fast. I've also had a S2000 before owning any bikes its a fun car, lol definitely safer than a bike for sure.

‎"What can you ever really know of other people's souls—of their temptations, their opportunities, their struggles? One soul in the whole creation you do know: and it is the only one whose fate is placed in your hands."

"The only people who achieve much are those who want knowledge so badly that they seek it while the conditions are still unfavorable."
~ The Weight of Glory
Visionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #16

Family vs bikes.

My father used to commute on a bike. One day he was riding along in the slow lane, and some idiot swept straight from the fast lane to the offramp in front of him almost clearing out his front wheel. He rode the bike home, parked it in the garage, and never rode again. He was 45. I asked him about it, and he said he couldn't put his love of riding bikes ahead of his young family (3 kids.) Recently, I went to his house to visit him. He says to me "Come and have a look at this." We go out to the garage, and he's bought himself a Yamaha 225cc Scorpio. He said to me, "I'm pretty close to the average life expectancy for males in New Zealand, so even if I get skittled now, I've done pretty well. He's 72. He wants to sell that, and get a 400-600cc bike, so he can ride with me. Respect!
CBRmikeRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:17 AM   #17

You sir are an absolute idiot. Sell the bike. Less people like you on the road the better
TerrorCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:39 AM   #18

Jees man, i dont even walk out from house when i have hanover! I only walk to kitchen for water and aspirin! When you couldnt focus, even when God warned you couple of times why you just didnt slow down?
I talked with you about your clutch problems an the other things for bike and now this?
I am really glad that you are okay and allive, screw the bike, it can be fixed.
When i fall from my Scooter with 5 mph i hurt my leg,bad, and i didnt drove big bike a while, then as soon as i got on it i was slow, i felt like its my very first ride!
Heal up, spend some great time with family, and you will fix the bike.

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
GligorovDimce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:12 AM   #19

Hope all heals soon

No Cut Crash Bobbins | Smoked Flush Mount LED Indicators | Smoked Integrated LED Tail Light | Head Light Protectors | Fender Eliminator
SBK Exhaust | Flapper mod | HID 5000k Kit | LED third Eye
crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:34 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorCell View Post
You sir are an absolute idiot. Sell the bike. Less people like you on the road the better
Couldn't agree more.
bidwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement