First Sevice, I thought its more than an oil change. - Page 2 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #11

Buying a brand new bike you should be able to talk in a lot of free stuff..

"Do or Do not, There is no Try"
noahb is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #12

As w/ my 2008 600rr, I did the 600 mile 'check up' + oil change myself. F*ck a dealer and their $85/hour labor. Like my 600, my blade wont see the light of day of a shop while I own it.
unirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #13
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1umph4nt View Post
$120! I hate em!
LOL yeah dont let anyone touch your baby other than yourself. Although with that said mine is being touched at at the stealership because of my own ignorance ....trying to be an electrical engineer without a degree = fail lol...that's probably the only time shes gonna see the "stealership." just make it a habit to regularly look after your bike, someone on the forum suggested keeping a log sheet of when you've checked: oil, lube/clean chain, clean brakes/rotor rings, fork seals, coolant, tire pressure(should be done before every ride...i bought a digital pressure reader for this), im sure there are more things i cant remember at this point, but do make sure to do your research throughout this forum. Keep your baby in check and you'll be fine.

‎"What can you ever really know of other people's souls—of their temptations, their opportunities, their struggles? One soul in the whole creation you do know: and it is the only one whose fate is placed in your hands."

"The only people who achieve much are those who want knowledge so badly that they seek it while the conditions are still unfavorable."
~ The Weight of Glory
Visionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #14

I did my homework and did what the manual said. it covers everything that needs to be checked. and check the chart inside the owners manual. it helps u keep track of things. plus I dont want to spend more than I should as u can see this was sent from a free app lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
SamRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #15
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamRR View Post
I did my homework and did what the manual said. it covers everything that needs to be checked. and check the chart inside the owners manual. it helps u keep track of things. plus I dont want to spend more than I should as u can see this was sent from a free app lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
+1

‎"What can you ever really know of other people's souls—of their temptations, their opportunities, their struggles? One soul in the whole creation you do know: and it is the only one whose fate is placed in your hands."

"The only people who achieve much are those who want knowledge so badly that they seek it while the conditions are still unfavorable."
~ The Weight of Glory
Old 12-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by unirr View Post
As w/ my 2008 600rr, I did the 600 mile 'check up' + oil change myself. F*ck a dealer and their $85/hour labor.
$85 is cheap, some stealerships want well over $100/hour out here in CA. I've always performed all my own servicing (save more involved things like valves and TB synching, which sometimes requires specialized tools); oil change, air filter, lubrication/adjustment of drivechain, etc. I have a Marc Parnes wheel balancer but as of yet no bead breaker or other tire changing equipment. That comes next.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #17

You know how much they asked me to change my chain and sprockets at honda dealer? 400 bucks plust tax for parts and labor! I said,how much? He repeats the same price.he says thats the price for oem chain and sprocket.and then i email Brad from superbike supply, just i need to call him these days, but my pick up truck broke down so that will eat some money and time, so the call to Brad will be next week!

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
GligorovDimce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #18
Got Adrenaline?

First service on new Hondas has to be done by a dealer even thought the SUCK! Its a warranty thing with Honda and a money makere im sure.

I dropped $150 for a change I could have done for $60 myself but I had no choice. Im a DIY person so the dealer does not see my bike anymore I do all my maintenance, unless there is a warranty issue.

PCV w/IRC & Dyno Tuned, Yoshimura R77 Carbon Fiber
BMC Air Filter, CRG Levers, CRG Rearsets

To My Beloved Father RIP, Love You Dad
TonyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #19
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNYC View Post
First service on new Hondas has to be done by a dealer even thought the SUCK! Its a warranty thing with Honda and a money makere im sure.

I dropped $150 for a change I could have done for $60 myself but I had no choice. Im a DIY person so the dealer does not see my bike anymore I do all my maintenance, unless there is a warranty issue.
Really? They void your warranty if you dont have them service your bike?!!! WHAAAAA!!!

~ The Weight of Glory
Old 12-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #20
Got Adrenaline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionary View Post
Really? They void your warranty if you dont have them service your bike?!!! WHAAAAA!!!
ONLY the first service I dont know if they void it but they want that oil Honda does that is.

After that your on your own.

PCV w/IRC & Dyno Tuned, Yoshimura R77 Carbon Fiber
BMC Air Filter, CRG Levers, CRG Rearsets

To My Beloved Father RIP, Love You Dad
TonyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement