LOL stolen bike on Clist - Page 2 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 03:46 AM   #11

where is that at OP, it might be mine
SamRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 06:50 AM   #12

Here's the deal... even if someone does buy it... you can still get in trouble. About a year ago, when I was shopping for Track bike. Came accross almost brand new 600RR with barely 400 miles on it. The guy claimed he got it from a storage locker that he bid on and won. So I got the VIN from him, just to see if the original owner reported it stolen. Guess what, it was. On CarFax it asked me to call some 1-800 number to see the status. It went straight to law inforcement. They asked me why I'm checking this Vin, and I told them... Long story short, even if you do somehow buy a bike that's stolen, and even if you don't know it was stolen (to use at the track). It can always come back and bite you in the @$$. So just be careful, I rather buy a salvage bike than NO title bike.
1998 Honda CBR F3 (Sold)
Gunn IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejbis View Post
I know at least a half dozen people who have bought brand new bikes straight from the dealer with a mso, put them in track trim, and never took them to the dmv to get a title for them. Why spend the money on registering it and taxes if you're never going to put it on the street? plus after that, if you are not the original owner with original MSO its extremely difficult to title one.

heck, ive owned 2 bikes without titles i knew for a fact were not stolen.
Let me ask you this, why is it so difficult to register a MSO bike if you are not an original owner? What's the Procedure? What if you have a written contract from the original owner about the purchase?
1998 Honda CBR F3 (Sold)
Gunn IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #14
Master Member

Q1: So why does it not have a title (from orig owner)?
Q2: Why arent you responding back since there are a few of us close to you that can come by and see the bike, get the VIN and help you out by purchasing it?
* Valjoux 7751 timing
* Shotokan 7075-T73 Flat Rounds
* Shimizkai Fronts (carbonium nitride)
* Hayoto Tripacks (trilithium phosphate)
* Takumi RearIrons (gamma titanium)
* Haruto Liners (copolyester elastomer)
knifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunn IT View Post
Let me ask you this, why is it so difficult to register a MSO bike if you are not an original owner? What's the Procedure? What if you have a written contract from the original owner about the purchase?
Its mostly difficult because the state wants the tax revune from the original purchaser. If you have a written contract in most states it has to be a power of attorny given to you by the dmv basically saying you agree to pay the original taxes, plus the taxes you're required to pay.

Depending on the state you live in, sometimes a bonded title is a easy work around(texas). In my state(alabama) the easiest thing to do is do an abandoned vehicle procedure. You have to jump through alot of hoops, but you basically put a lien on the vehicle and charge a storage fee or mechanics fee on the bike. You have to list the bike in the paper for 2 weks saying it will be sold on a certain day unless owner shows up and pays off the lein. When the time runs out, and no one shows up to pay the 9000$ worth of fees to get a bike thats worth 6000$ you fill out the paperwork to sell the bike to yourself.

results may vary depending on your state.
bejbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunn IT View Post
Here's the deal... even if someone does buy it... you can still get in trouble. About a year ago, when I was shopping for Track bike. Came accross almost brand new 600RR with barely 400 miles on it. The guy claimed he got it from a storage locker that he bid on and won. So I got the VIN from him, just to see if the original owner reported it stolen. Guess what, it was. On CarFax it asked me to call some 1-800 number to see the status. It went straight to law inforcement. They asked me why I'm checking this Vin, and I told them... Long story short, even if you do somehow buy a bike that's stolen, and even if you don't know it was stolen (to use at the track). It can always come back and bite you in the @$$. So just be careful, I rather buy a salvage bike than NO title bike.
This happened to my buddy and his dad, they bought two 07 GSXR600s as track bikes.. Got pulled over with them loaded up on the trailer for jennings and the bikes came back stolen even though he legitimately paid for them. Turns out the frame/title was clean but the motor was hot. It ended up costing him like 600 a bike to buy back from the police and he had to deal with a lawyer as well. He was livid.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #17
Ex-Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejbis View Post
I know at least a half dozen people who have bought brand new bikes straight from the dealer with a mso, put them in track trim, and never took them to the dmv to get a title for them. Why spend the money on registering it and taxes if you're never going to put it on the street? plus after that, if you are not the original owner with original MSO its extremely difficult to title one.

heck, ive owned 2 bikes without titles i knew for a fact were not stolen.
You can't buy a new bike without getting a title. You don't have to register it but the dealer is going to do the paperwork to transfer the title to you.

I've owned trackbikes with no title, but they had valid VIN's that I had verified as not stolen. I won't touch a bike with improper or altered VIN.

2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Mods: Lots of track days and large testicles
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #18
Orange County

LOL people im just posting what i saw while looking for a ninja 250R, I am not selling this bike -_____- so stop PMing me geeeeezz. learn how to google and find the add on craigslist!.for those who want to buy this bike knowing its stolen... you will go to jail for it, just FYI ...
xxdevilzeroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdevilzeroxx View Post
LOL people im just posting what i saw while looking for a ninja 250R, I am not selling this bike -_____- so stop PMing me geeeeezz. learn how to google and find the add on craigslist!.for those who want to buy this bike knowing its stolen... you will go to jail for it, just FYI ...
It would have been easier if you posted the d*m craigslist link
unirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #20

There are a lot of untitled bikes on there. And not for good reason either

CMRA # 117
CBRyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement