Alarm vs. GPS vs. Full Coverage insurance - Page 3 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb View Post
1100 is bad ass too, all through an app on my phone

"Do or Do not, There is no Try"
That's beyond overkill..$500 and reoccurring costs for a monthly data plan (for your alarm). Stupid.. bling.
unirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #22
Ex-Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by unirr View Post
That's beyond overkill..$500 and reoccurring costs for a monthly data plan (for your alarm). Stupid.. bling.
You forgot to add "for me" or "in my opinion" to your post. It isn't stupid or bling to some others.

2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Mods: Lots of track days and large testicles
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #23

Quote:
overkill? its piece of mind not having to worry about my bike being fucked with.. and thats Stupid to think otherwise
noahb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #24

^ Yeah and here in Chicago even with full coverage I would hate to be without my bike during the riding season while things get sorted it out. If I can get a low enough rate I'm going with insurance + alarm.
CrusherCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #25

I'm 21, single, clean record only had two window tint tickets.....liability on the r1 and CBr is 350$ total per year with progressive
....they quoted me 3800 I literally almost shit a Brick lol
RC-DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
You forgot to add "for me" or "in my opinion" to your post. It isn't stupid or bling to some others.
No, I kind of didn't.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:46 AM   #27

Quote:
overkill? its piece of mind not having to worry about my bike being fucked with.. and thats Stupid to think otherwise
That's what the scorpio i900 does that doesn't have GPS/a monthly reoccurring cost associated with connecting it to a data network. It stupid to think having your silly alarm connected to a cell network that it is going to somehow up the security on your bike. If you are so far away from your bike that you aren't within FM radio range, your bike is just as good as gone anyway... Having lost my keyfob and having to rip the stupid seat off to yank the alarm out, I'd know just how little time it takes to get it out of the bike. They'll have your bike in less than 2min and that crusty alarm w/ GPS will be on the ground.

Look bro, i can access my alarm w/ an iphone APP.. smfh

Get a regular alarm man and put the rest of the money to some friggin insurance.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-DEVIL View Post
I'm 21, single, clean record only had two window tint tickets.....liability on the r1 and CBr is 350$ total per year with progressive
....they quoted me 3800 I literally almost shit a Brick lol
Yeah, lots of insurance companies i quoted : geico/progressive were like $2-$4k a year for my 2012 cbr1000rr. I told em to gtfo here. Luckily i have a history of car insurance w/ statefarm. I think I am sitting on ~$350 every six months. Full coverage
Old 12-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #29

Quote:
That's what the scorpio i900 does that doesn't have GPS/a monthly reoccurring cost associated with connecting it to a data network. It stupid to think having your silly alarm connected to a cell network that it is going to somehow up the security on your bike. If you are so far away from your bike that you aren't within FM radio range, your bike is just as good as gone anyway... Having lost my keyfob and having to rip the stupid seat off to yank the alarm out, I'd know just how little time it takes to get it out of the bike. They'll have your bike in less than 2min and that crusty alarm w/ GPS will be on the ground.

Look bro, i can access my alarm w/ an iphone APP.. smfh

Get a regular alarm man and put the rest of the money to some friggin insurance.
I lost my key fob, too. It's fairly easy to unplug an alarm, or cut the wires I imagine, but that's why mine has a battery built into the alarm So the gps and alarm itself has a separate recharging battery, that won't shut up(unless you walk away from the bike, or can manually shut it off with a code) If you've got the balls to stand there and try to fuck with some wires on a bike thats not yours, while its screeching and flashing its ass off, Then by all means try. But that's the last time you use them, I'll cut your balls off for fuckin with my bike. Be warned.

And you don't need to have the subscription running all the time, the alarm works perfectly fine without the network service. It's just convenient as fuck, the gps is as good as any other, it records everything that the bike does(dist/route/speed/etc). And i can be within fm range at the gym, but not see or hear my bike. With the subscription, I'll be runnin once I get the text after 10s of an alarm being activated.

"Do or Do not, There is no Try"
noahb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #30

Quote:
If you've got the balls to stand there and try to fuck with some wires on a bike thats not yours, while its screeching and flashing its ass off, Then by all means try.
Exactly. Some people say that an alarm isn't going to stop someone from taking it. True, but it sure as hell is going to create a lot of racket while they're trying. Enough noise that it will make a thief go elsewhere. I have the Scorpio i900. They are currently less than $260 for a brand new one if someone does a bit of Google searching.

Full coverage? I have it on my '08. I just mailed in the annual renewal. For $585 per year it's nice to have if the bike ever gets stolen. I would much prefer to not have it stolen in the first place. The alarm is my first line of defense.
TedEbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement