Alarm vs. GPS vs. Full Coverage insurance - Page 4 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedEbear View Post
The alarm is my first line of defense.
Agreed, my point exactly

"Do or Do not, There is no Try"
noahb is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #32

Quote:
I have the Scorpio i900. They are currently less than $260 for a brand new one if someone does a bit of Google searching.
Full coverage? I have it on my '08. I just mailed in the annual renewal. For $585 per year
This combination sounds excellent. Those 2 combined are less than the cost of lojack.

Now anyone know the difference between the 900 and 1100?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unirr View Post
It stupid to think having your silly alarm connected to a cell network that it is going to somehow up the security on your bike. insurance.
I've seen an alarm work first hand. Guy with a saw hops out a van and the second he starts to saw through the chain the alarm goes off and he hops back in the van and leaves.

Its too easy to steal a bike, so why would they waste time on one with an alarm?
CrusherCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #33

I think the main diff is, separate batt, and gps,(you can also buy an add on ignition disabler). But that's trying to remember from a year ago when i was searching for one to buy, you'd be able to find the difference in a google search I'm sure haha

Old 12-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb View Post
I lost my key fob, too. It's fairly easy to unplug an alarm, or cut the wires I imagine, but that's why mine has a battery built into the alarm So the gps and alarm itself has a separate recharging battery, that won't shut up(unless you walk away from the bike, or can manually shut it off with a code) If you've got the balls to stand there and try to fuck with some wires on a bike thats not yours, while its screeching and flashing its ass off, Then by all means try. But that's the last time you use them, I'll cut your balls off for fuckin with my bike. Be warned.

And you don't need to have the subscription running all the time, the alarm works perfectly fine without the network service. It's just convenient as fuck, the gps is as good as any other, it records everything that the bike does(dist/route/speed/etc). And i can be within fm range at the gym, but not see or hear my bike. With the subscription, I'll be runnin once I get the text after 10s of an alarm being activated.
All of Scorpio's alarms have backup batteries. I have the i900, it screeches and howls as well even when unplugged.. I wrapped a t-shirt around it and you could hardly hear it .. GPS does what at this point? Locate your silly $500 alarm sitting on the floor? When they yank out the main box and throw it on the ground? And yeah many people do have the balls. I'm trying to establish what having gps/cell network connectivity do to make it any more difficult? The i900 keyfob beeps and vibrates when the alarm goes off.. Thus giving you no advantage w/ the 1100. It's actually a lot better than a text message as you know its your bike and not your bootie call annoying you for followup.

So, f*** that noise.
unirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #35

Quote:
Exactly. Some people say that an alarm isn't going to stop someone from taking it. True, but it sure as hell is going to create a lot of racket while they're trying. Enough noise that it will make a thief go elsewhere. I have the Scorpio i900. They are currently less than $260 for a brand new one if someone does a bit of Google searching.

Full coverage? I have it on my '08. I just mailed in the annual renewal. For $585 per year it's nice to have if the bike ever gets stolen. I would much prefer to not have it stolen in the first place. The alarm is my first line of defense.
The point is there is no diff. between an i900/(gps/iphone texting) version. And you need a data plan on the alarm for it to text you. it doesn't use magic. The reoccurring monthly cost makes it stupid bling.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusherCurtis View Post
This combination sounds excellent. Those 2 combined are less than the cost of lojack.

Now anyone know the difference between the 900 and 1100?

I've seen an alarm work first hand. Guy with a saw hops out a van and the second he starts to saw through the chain the alarm goes off and he hops back in the van and leaves.

Its too easy to steal a bike, so why would they waste time on one with an alarm?
You are missing my point, I am saying the 1100 is stupid bling and a waste of money. The i900 is more than enough and that's the alarm I have. As for someone f'n w/ one w/ an alarm.. You better be in range if it goes off.. No one is going to stop and say anything. I was in my drive way in an upscale neighborhood while the stupid sh*t was going off non-stop in panic mode for over 3 min. and not one person said a word to me.

Alarm = 1st line of defense & notification to you to get to your bike when you don't have line of sight ( i have the scorpio i900)
Insurance = 2nd line when your sh*t still gets jacked.

As I type away, my bike is peacefully in my driveway .. No worries as I have an alarm.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #37

Does the i900 have the proximity sensors?
CrusherCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #38

Yes, as an optional module. Also optional ignition disable. Regardless of our opinions, insurance and an alarm is the best protection.
BurningMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by unirr View Post
All of Scorpio's alarms have backup batteries. I have the i900, it screeches and howls as well even when unplugged.. I wrapped a t-shirt around it and you could hardly hear it .. GPS does what at this point? Locate your silly $500 alarm sitting on the floor? When they yank out the main box and throw it on the ground? And yeah many people do have the balls. I'm trying to establish what having gps/cell network connectivity do to make it any more difficult? The i900 keyfob beeps and vibrates when the alarm goes off.. Thus giving you no advantage w/ the 1100. It's actually a lot better than a text message as you know its your bike and not your bootie call annoying you for followup.

So, f*** that noise.
Sweet Jesus dude, what is up your ass? The dude asked what security option is best, and you seem to be the only one with a problem from everyone's opinion.

I like the 1100, it works best for me. I like the gps feature, why? Because its a fucking gps. Thats why. having a trip recorder is a good reference point for multiple things. Why you gotta hate on my different 2cents than yours? And I didn't buy it for $500+, I got it for $375 shipped. How much did you pay for your fucking 900? Guess what..i could care less. If it works, it works. The i1100 replaced the i900 for best/most popular security system when It came out, because of the added gps alone.
And bling...for real?
Yea, I bought it cuz it looks/sounds SO sexy on the bike..i get compliments all time about how it really makes the bike show worthy.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #40
Lifetime Premium

This might sound dumb, but i'm not quiet sure so i'm asking...if there's a problem with your bike (mechanical) does a "full" coverage cover that? Or is insurance solely based on accidents?

‎"What can you ever really know of other people's souls—of their temptations, their opportunities, their struggles? One soul in the whole creation you do know: and it is the only one whose fate is placed in your hands."

"The only people who achieve much are those who want knowledge so badly that they seek it while the conditions are still unfavorable."
~ The Weight of Glory
Visionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement