New Bike Suggestions - CBR1000RR ABS? ZX10R? RSV4? : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #1
Pwn

New Bike Suggestions - CBR1000RR ABS? ZX10R? RSV4?

My first bike was a 50cc at the age of 5 in which I broke my leg 2 times, my mom was pissed! I have been riding ever since then, but thankfully have avoided any serious injury, though when I moved up to my 80cc 2-stroke I fell a record of 13 times in one day. I learned young that I was not invincible, to a certain extent :| Anyway I turned 18 and first thing I did was go buy my very first street bike which was a brand new 2006 GSXR 1000 lol ( I would have bought a 1000 when I was 16, but my mom said no ), long story short I respected the bike and consider every ride a practice for the next and am lucky enough in my 6+ years of street bikes to have not have laid any of my bikes down ( first time for everything, lets hope not ). Moved on to a 2008 ZX10R in which I just sold. Guide me in the right direction please...

I do not need to go and buy a brand new bike if I do not have too. I will be changing my entire suspension, front forks and rear so that should not be based on your suggestions.

That being said I was looking at a CBR1000RR ABS, Gen 4 ZX10R, 2013 Aprilia RSV4 ABS, or?? I drive my bike a lot and take it to the track as well so I am looking for more riding stability and ease of handling as the motor will be upgraded in short time...

Thanks for your time
Pwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
Captain Awesome

hmm..well man. Depends on what your really looking for. I say the new fire blade but the Gen 4 ZX-10R is a beast as well.
11 Harley/White-Sold
11 GSX-R 1000/White-Sold
11 Fury/White-Sold
D0minate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
Tadao Baba Fan

LOVE my '12 but it's hard to beat the sound and torque of a V4.

If you can't run with the big dogs,
stay on the f@ckin' porch.
capt.america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #4
Pwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0minate View Post
hmm..well man. Depends on what your really looking for. I say the new fire blade but the Gen 4 ZX-10R is a beast as well.
For sure, I could pick up the fireblade with ABS for a lot cheaper than the 2013 and from what I understand there is not a significant difference considering I will be changing out the suspension. When I test drove the Gen 4 ZX-10R it did not feel as nimble and responsive when leaning, but to it's defense I did not ride it for more than 10 min so that is why I am looking for more input. I rode a 2011 RSV4 APRC and it was nothing extraordinary, though it definitely was the best in stock form, for what I am looking for no question.

I rode the 2010 cbr1000rr ABS and it felt much better than the Gen 4 ZX10R and I am almost sure the the cbr is exactly what I am looking for when I add the right upgrades such as suspension etc.

Handling and bike flickerablity is very important to me along with balance
Old 12-15-2012, 11:25 PM   #5
Pwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.america View Post
LOVE my '12 but it's hard to beat the sound and torque of a V4.
Hah, you already know.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:54 PM   #6

Hi there . I ride my 07' HRC everyday . If I could I would be riding it in my sleep . Mind you I had it set up for road use . Comfy . Also , Hondas crank shafts is by far stronger than all the other bikes crank shafts . It is the bike with the strongest crank . Also when it comes to looks , my opinion . Honda Rocks . Performance and handling of the new Cbr's from 2008 and up . Damn . Go look at moto GP . Well this is only my opinion . Maybe my opinion sucks but I am sure there is more CBR owners who would agree with me . Hondas are for life . In the early years most of the other bike companies used HONDA motors in there bikes . Don't believe me . Go look it up . 500cc Ducati and so on . Hopefully you have an answer .

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Eugene HRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:24 AM   #7
Pwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene HRC View Post
Hi there . I ride my 07' HRC everyday . If I could I would be riding it in my sleep . Mind you I had it set up for road use . Comfy . Also , Hondas crank shafts is by far stronger than all the other bikes crank shafts . It is the bike with the strongest crank . Also when it comes to looks , my opinion . Honda Rocks . Performance and handling of the new Cbr's from 2008 and up . Damn . Go look at moto GP . Well this is only my opinion . Maybe my opinion sucks but I am sure there is more CBR owners who would agree with me . Hondas are for life . In the early years most of the other bike companies used HONDA motors in there bikes . Don't believe me . Go look it up . 500cc Ducati and so on . Hopefully you have an answer .

You know I was almost sure, but me being the over analyzing son of a bitch that I am ( so my gf says ) I just had to reconfirm. I am set on a CBR1000RR ABS. At the end of the day I loved the CBR1000RR when I rode it and the zx10r just did not have what I was looking for which was the closest thing. The aprilia is beautiful but I'm too big for it and from my personal view the aprilia is fairly heavy, more compact than anything.

The cbr1000rr you are right, just look at motogp... Enough said right there. All the advertisements and hype are just that, speculating flukes. Prove it through battle in which Honda has done beautifully in. At the end of the day it is just a big marketing scheme as to which company has this or this or that so you spend your money with them, whether it be street bikes, oberwise milk whatever etc. We should take to our advantage that in this particular market their is a motogp, where the companies actually compete for our business unlike a lot of other monopolies out there.

Everyone keep me in mind if you know of anyone with a CBR1000RR ABS for sale...

Thanks for your time
Old 12-16-2012, 01:35 AM   #8
Tadao Baba Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwn View Post
You know I was almost sure, but me being the over analyzing son of a bitch that I am ( so my gf says ) I just had to reconfirm. I am set on a CBR1000RR ABS. At the end of the day I loved the CBR1000RR when I rode it and the zx10r just did not have what I was looking for which was the closest thing. The aprilia is beautiful but I'm too big for it and from my personal view the aprilia is fairly heavy, more compact than anything.

The cbr1000rr you are right, just look at motogp... Enough said right there. All the advertisements and hype are just that, speculating flukes. Prove it through battle in which Honda has done beautifully in. At the end of the day it is just a big marketing scheme as to which company has this or this or that so you spend your money with them, whether it be street bikes, oberwise milk whatever etc. We should take to our advantage that in this particular market their is a motogp, where the companies actually compete for our business unlike a lot of other monopolies out there.

Everyone keep me in mind if you know of anyone with a CBR1000RR ABS for sale...

Thanks for your time

You won't be disappointed. Good luck finding your next ride. Rubber down.

If you can't run with the big dogs,
stay on the f@ckin' porch.
capt.america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:46 AM   #9

BLADE'S rulez mate . Well Honda has since day one . And always will .

Old 12-16-2012, 02:14 AM   #10

But then again , it is you that must decide what you want . And only you .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement