So my next bike will be a liter bike... - Page 8 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by unirr View Post
? And like the 08-11, the 12 1000rr is rated as one of the best liter street bikes.. It's hard to improve on something that is already top of its game.. The rear suspension has been dramatically improved and the reviews comfirm that. The suspension upgrades are at the center of the differences and the reviews and my personal experience confirm it has made great improvement. If you actually did real research you'd learn that the suspension on the 12' actually negates the need of traction control. Further, if you are so inclined to have that feature, the after market bazzaz is far better at performing traction control than the stupid factory solution bmw has..
That's an interesting take/ reply. However the suspension isn't the reason for no traction control. While Bazzaz does gave a great product, and I happen to own one for my cbr," I" wouldn't pretend to know which is better. But I'd bet the BMW traction control isn't "stupid"......
SlvrR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 07:11 AM   #72
Tadao Baba Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeCBR View Post
Oregon - where Honda's are more expensive for some damn reason.
Try Western Honda in Arizona.

If you can't run with the big dogs,
stay on the f@ckin' porch.
capt.america is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #73
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.america View Post
Better dampening.
Does it include free maxi-pads? With all the dampening, I mean, they could be useful...
AZBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:18 AM   #74
Tadao Baba Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBob View Post
free maxi-pads......
Overstocked?

Old 01-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrR View Post
That's an interesting take/ reply. However the suspension isn't the reason for no traction control. While Bazzaz does gave a great product, and I happen to own one for my cbr," I" wouldn't pretend to know which is better. But I'd bet the BMW traction control isn't "stupid"......
The 2012 1000rr's suspension's ability to track dynamic road conditions quite well was actually the main reason why professional reviewers indicated it did not need traction control.

...and sure BMW's traction control isn't stupid. I hear it pairs the ABS system w/ fuel retardation. That being said, I couldn't imagine why your avg or even high average rider would need it besides needing to save them from doing something absolutely stupid. Professional riders in Motogp? They have crews that tune their traction control perfectly to a particular track .. across over 20 laps.. Many of the top guys like very little TC .. They have million dollar budgets and note that the 'TC' still needs to be tuned.. Specifically to each track...
Too much TC can actually make the rider 'slower' round the track...

So, i'm sorry.. I'm not a professional rider w/ a million dollar crew around to tune my motorcycle every time I get on a track specifically to the track to ensure it doesn't act to 'slow' me down... I primarily ride on the street.

While I've broken traction many of times, it's a feeling I am comfortable with and learned in and can properly get my bike back in line. It's a fun feeling and I feel more confident a rider knowing how to control my bike in such environments through practice. Traction control will potentially save you from a silly f' up .. but that could cause you to push it even more to a point beyond that and have a major f' up.. TC wont protect you always.. it has limits too.

Wet conditions? I've riden in very challenging hillsides in rain several times to learn how to control my bike in the rain on normal road tires. The biggest issue impacting speed? Visibility ... Does TC solve that? Does the BMW come w/ visor wipers?

So, meh'.. . Just another bell and whistle to slap on the bike, attach another profit margin to, and charge more for .... hardly needed and doubtful the average clown w/ it knows how to tune it for max efficiency.
unirr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #76

Quote:
The 2012 1000rr's suspension's ability to track dynamic road conditions quite well was actually the main reason why professional reviewers indicated it did not need traction control.

...and sure BMW's traction control isn't stupid. I hear it pairs the ABS system w/ fuel retardation. That being said, I couldn't imagine why your avg or even high average rider would need it besides needing to save them from doing something absolutely stupid. Professional riders in Motogp? They have crews that tune their traction control perfectly to a particular track .. across over 20 laps.. Many of the top guys like very little TC .. They have million dollar budgets and note that the 'TC' still needs to be tuned.. Specifically to each track...
Too much TC can actually make the rider 'slower' round the track...

So, i'm sorry.. I'm not a professional rider w/ a million dollar crew around to tune my motorcycle every time I get on a track specifically to the track to ensure it doesn't act to 'slow' me down... I primarily ride on the street.

While I've broken traction many of times, it's a feeling I am comfortable with and learned in and can properly get my bike back in line. It's a fun feeling and I feel more confident a rider knowing how to control my bike in such environments through practice. Traction control will potentially save you from a silly f' up .. but that could cause you to push it even more to a point beyond that and have a major f' up.. TC wont protect you always.. it has limits too.

Wet conditions? I've riden in very challenging hillsides in rain several times to learn how to control my bike in the rain on normal road tires. The biggest issue impacting speed? Visibility ... Does TC solve that? Does the BMW come w/ visor wipers?

So, meh'.. . Just another bell and whistle to slap on the bike, attach another profit margin to, and charge more for .... hardly needed and doubtful the average clown w/ it knows how to tune it for max efficiency.
You have to stop arguing so hard.... Wow.
freak show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak show View Post
You have to stop arguing so hard.... Wow.
It's more of a statement of points. To have an actual argument, the opposing party has to actually have valid points that go against mine which I haven't seen. As for statement of points, unless you missed the memo, It's the information age... for which many are largely misinformed. The point of a forum is to get info out there. Welcome to 1000rr.net
Old 01-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #78

Just to keep , I own a 11 cbr with a full tuned and sprung to my weight suspension: Penske rear and AK20's in the front. I wouldn't trade it any day for a 12 s1000rr, which I had decent seat time on. It's the CBR all day long.

I recently purchased an HP4, and I gotta tell you, I don't throw a leg over the CBR anymore. The HP4 (as cliche as it sounds) is really a game changer. They didn't ban DDC in WSBK for no reason. The HP4 puts a mile wide smile on my face all day long, simply AMAZING. On the street the DDC is just phenomenal. Like a Caddy when cruising, and a race suspension when hitting the twisties. Anyone downplaying the HP4 as a churched up S1000RR has never ridden one. The HP4 is that good.

It really put's my CBR to shame, and I am a CBR fanboy. To answer you question get the CBR, it's better than the S1KRR.
Airbag79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #79
Tadao Baba Fan

Quote:
It's more of a statement of points. To have an actual argument, the opposing party has to actually have valid points that go against mine which I haven't seen. As for statement of points, unless you missed the memo, It's the information age... for which many are largely misinformed. The point of a forum is to get info out there. Welcome to 1000rr.net
Dude don't you know if you have better advice or know more about something you're in for a raggin. Trolls just run around here making off topic posts with personal comments. Most have no idea what they're talking about but like to see their thoughts in print..............................Maybe babysitters have to pay a little more attention. Oops did I say that out loud? My bad.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.america View Post
Dude don't you know if you have better advice or know more about something you're in for a raggin. Trolls just run around here making off topic posts with personal comments. Most have no idea what they're talking about but like to see their thoughts in print..............................Maybe babysitters have to pay a little more attention. Oops did I say that out loud? My bad.
True enough. Good thing I find posting therapeutic and relaxing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement