So my next bike will be a liter bike... - Page 9 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorCell View Post
My 1098, nearly $10k of ohlins suspension and i still prefer my 2012 blade
Can you elaborate why?

I own a base 1098 and have put extensive kms on a 08' 1000RR and both were so different that I couldn't possibly choose.

I'd take the duc just for the wow factor, engine and the looks but the 1000RR was good as well.

Past: 2004 Yamaha R1 | 2005 CBR 600RR
Loveriding is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveriding View Post
Can you elaborate why?

I own a base 1098 and have put extensive kms on a 08' 1000RR and both were so different that I couldn't possibly choose.

I'd take the duc just for the wow factor, engine and the looks but the 1000RR was good as well.
Because the 2012 1000rr's suspension is that much better than a duc's and an 08 1000rr's suspension ..

Quote:
Wow factor... The way it sounds .. and looks...
Jesus, god forbid you take the best performance bike out instead....
It might not wow pedestrians ....
It might not sound the best... (arguable) .. I like the way my 1000rr sounds
It might not look the best (arguable) I think the 2012 1000 looks better

Jesus.. Now we know why some riders claim other bikes are better :
Wow factor, looks, and sound
unirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by unirr View Post
Because the 2012 1000rr's suspension is that much better than a duc's and an 08 1000rr's suspension ..

Wow factor... The way it sounds .. and looks...
Jesus, god forbid you take the best performance bike out instead....
It might not wow pedestrians ....
It might not sound the best... (arguable) .. I like the way my 1000rr sounds
It might not look the best (arguable) I think the 2012 1000 looks better

Jesus.. Now we know why some riders claim other bikes are better :
Wow factor, looks, and sound
You Sir are an idiot.

First off, the 08 that I rode had upgraded suspension. Clever of you to jump to conclusions.

Next, it is not the best performance bike. Even if it was, paper stats don't matter to me. I ride what suits me best.

Some of us buy bikes for the looks believe it or not. Owning something exotic has its appeal. Perhaps you haven't had the opportunity to own an exotic yet?

I have a CBR600RR for the track. It performs extremely well in that environment so for on the street , yes, it is about looks, engine characteristics and wow factor.

Maybe you are too stupid to understand this. I suspect you are a fanboy. I have met many of those on Ducati forums and frankly it wouldn't be too harsh to group all of you as idiots.

Now as they say on the other side of the pond, Fack off.

Past: 2004 Yamaha R1 | 2005 CBR 600RR
Loveriding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #84

Quote:
You Sir are an idiot.

First off, the 08 that I rode had upgraded suspension. Clever of you to jump to conclusions.
So what? The 2012 cbr's suspension is better than both the stock and 'upgraded' suspension you rode on w/ your 08'.

I think you were just told that "nearly $10k of ohlins suspension" on a duc sucked compared to a 12' blade's suspension. Do you know how to read a graph? . Clever that you can't read.

Quote:
Next, it is not the best performance bike. Even if it was, paper stats don't matter to me. I ride what suits me best.
Ride what suits you best. I'll ride what rides the best ...
That being said, the honda is the continually rated as the best all around street bike because it rides the best on the street.

Quote:
Some of us buy bikes for the looks believe it or not. Owning something exotic has its appeal. Perhaps you haven't had the opportunity to own an exotic yet?
Perhaps I can buy any production bike right now in cash as I did my 2012 cbr 1000r....
I don't consider it worth it so you wont find me spending my cash on it. Rare does not equal exotic.. Handbuilt does not increase value. Brands don't cause me to automatically value one motorcycle over another. A big reason european sh*t costs so much is because their currency is ~33% more valued than the USD and due to the insane regulatory and social costs built into their products... Congratulations, you just paid a euro premium for a basic piece of machinery.. Find some euro plates and ride around so you can feel exotic.

And who are you trying to impress? The bros at the moto meet? They'll most likely think you're just a squid w/ money.

I see most duc riders and I don't think much of them or their 'exotic' rides.. Congratulations on paying more for inferior european hand made motorcycles. It's 2012, robots do it better and w/ more precision.. and p.s, the 2012 cbr 1000rr looks great and since I bought mine ive only seen 1 other one on the road .. Ironically, I see lots of 'exotic' ducatis on the street .. Probably because I live in an area where people have money or at least want to appear they do ... Real riders could care less ....

Quote:
I have a CBR600RR for the track. It performs extremely well in that environment so for on the street , yes, it is about looks, engine characteristics and wow factor.
Congrats, I previously owned one for 4 years. Sold it w/ 27k+ miles on the clock

Quote:
Maybe you are too stupid to understand this. I suspect you are a fanboy. I have met many of those on Ducati forums and frankly it wouldn't be too harsh to group all of you as idiots.

Now as they say on the other side of the pond, Fack off.
Please .. You have no valid points and are resorting to the all to familiar 'fanboy' name calling. As we say here "grow up"

Last edited by unirr; 01-15-2013 at 06:52 PM.
unirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #85

I have a 2010 cbr1k. I had been drooling I've the Bmw for a while too. I haven't been to the track yet so I just do a lot of aggressive street riding and racing. Because of the mid range power on my bike, no one can keep up with me on there zx10 or gsxr. Then, a few months ago, a guy bought a new Bmw and brought it to a bike night. He was boasting about it's horsepower and superiority and such, so I couldn't help but ask him to race. He said he wouldn't on the highway, but he liked to go to the drags on the weekends. So, a few weeks later my wife and I go to the drag strip to race our bikes and he was there. After 2 passes he went home. If you want the more fun bike for the street, the Honda is capable and fun. Don't think of it as a lesser bike. If you just want a Bmw, than get it, however it won't make you faster and it will be more money to maintain.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Jamin466 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:51 AM   #86

*sigh*

As some point in this thread, an adult will enter the room.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:18 AM   #87
Captain Awesome

^^ haha
Old 01-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #88
Dude....Sweet!!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr>cbr View Post
How can you compare the two. One is the poor man's everyday superbike and the other is an exotic superbike. There are 6 cbr1000rr in my area and I have yet to see one s1krr since they came out.
That's because the over 50 crowd that typically buys a BMW doesn't ride them......they look at them and recite spec sheets!!

You want to ask John McGuinness which bike he's riding in next years TT??

Don't fall into the grass is greener syndrome, if you like the bike buy it but don't buy it to impress some shhhhmo or someone who probably doesn't ride as well as you do BUT had the money and wanted to be Mr Badass at the streetlight.

AND, I've owned a BMW since 2008......the parts and service will kill you $$$$$, but that's after your insurance company $$$$$$$ kills you.

BTW, that's my first post.......Hi everyone!

2008 BMW 1200GS
2011 Husqvarna TE-630
2012 Yamaha R1
CBRfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #89
Beantown Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRfly View Post
That's because the over 50 crowd that typically buys a BMW doesn't ride them......they look at them and recite spec sheets!!

You want to ask John McGuinness which bike he's riding in next years TT??

Don't fall into the grass is greener syndrome, if you like the bike buy it but don't buy it to impress some shhhhmo or someone who probably doesn't ride as well as you do BUT had the money and wanted to be Mr Badass at the streetlight.

AND, I've owned a BMW since 2008......the parts and service will kill you $$$$$, but that's after your insurance company $$$$$$$ kills you.

BTW, that's my first post.......Hi everyone!

welcome and nice first post. You fit right in
Miked617 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #90

I sold my F4i to get my 08 1K... bought it used for 7700 a few months ago.... leaving room to hook it up. I have a buddy that has a S1K and that thing is pricy to maintain. Ride somethin thats within ur means. Remember whos running motogp and isle of man... U dont see bmw at the top... just sayin. HRC all day
Advertisement