New motorcycle law!!! - Page 2 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #11
Ex-Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiGGi View Post
Stupid laws just entice people to run. Most guys I know will run before stopping to get a $1000 ticket. I know guys who had some serious wrecks because they were running. This is one of those laws that hurt more than help.

My front comes up sometimes at hard acceleration. If a cop lights me up I am not stopping to find out why. Call me squid but that's how it is. If I am looking at a $150-250 ticket that's fine. But if I am looking at an arrest and time in front of a judge for having my front tire in the air, I am taking my chances on the freeway.
Ok, you are a squid. And claiming that a law is to blame for the injuries someone gets while they're running is bullshit and childish.

2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Mods: Lots of track days and large testicles
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #12
Locked and Loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Ok, you are a squid. And claiming that a law is to blame for the injuries someone gets while they're running is bullshit and childish.
Ill take it. But there are plenty of laws out there that give politicians positive press and make the "public" feel safe but instead hurt people. Just look at marijuana laws.

These wheelie laws are bs, making some politicians look good without considering the consequences.

I got one of these $1100 tickets. Some cop thought I was "running" from him although I was behind him the entire time. I just wouldn't pass him. Finally he just stopped and started following me. I went 2 more blocks doing the speed limit and made a right on a street waited for him to pass. I waited a minute and got back on the road. I see him 4-5 cars ahead. I keep going and a few miles down the road make a left and stop in front of my buddies house.

He shows up out of nowhere. Implies that I am doing something illegal and asks me why I was running from him. Ends up giving me an $1100 for an improper plate location. It falls under the no wheelie over 50mph law.

I had been riding with my plate in that location for 5 years, with cops pulling me over or driving behind me in the past. This was just his way to be a suckface. Because I was looking like I was "up to no good." That's his words. I was riding my motorcycle with gear going the speed limit. Apparently that qualifies as "up to no good."
Old 01-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #13

Quote:
+1 i have to agree with you on this one! I am a rider, i love bikes,i respect riders, but i see you do reckless and stupid things, and if my family is arround and that you can hurt them, trust me you dont want to stop where i have stopped!

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
GligorovDimce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #14
Banned Camp Counselor

This is the third thread on this topic in just as many days.
Use the Search button please.
n7hevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #15

its right! for people who do wheelies. be careful on the road and don't get caught! and for people who don't know how to do it, or want to practice. please practice in the parking lot, and be careful, plus don't hurt your self or others lol
rocketwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #16

We have anti hoon laws here, we can lose our bikes, we have them impounded too.
QLD 1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiGGi View Post
Ill take it. But there are plenty of laws out there that give politicians positive press and make the "public" feel safe but instead hurt people. Just look at marijuana laws.

These wheelie laws are bs, making some politicians look good without considering the consequences.

I got one of these $1100 tickets. Some cop thought I was "running" from him although I was behind him the entire time. I just wouldn't pass him. Finally he just stopped and started following me. I went 2 more blocks doing the speed limit and made a right on a street waited for him to pass. I waited a minute and got back on the road. I see him 4-5 cars ahead. I keep going and a few miles down the road make a left and stop in front of my buddies house.

He shows up out of nowhere. Implies that I am doing something illegal and asks me why I was running from him. Ends up giving me an $1100 for an improper plate location. It falls under the no wheelie over 50mph law.

I had been riding with my plate in that location for 5 years, with cops pulling me over or driving behind me in the past. This was just his way to be a suckface. Because I was looking like I was "up to no good." That's his words. I was riding my motorcycle with gear going the speed limit. Apparently that qualifies as "up to no good."
I'm on your side far as the stuff posted above if your were not doing anything illegal. But at the same time, I don't get the need for people to relocate their tag and large oem signals just for ''looks''. Leave the stuff stock and just enjoy the motorcycle and riding. Far as the comment on wheeling because you accelerated to hard, then don't accelerate that hard. It solves that problem instead you having a possible run-in with law enforcement. A lot of the silly stuff people post on here could be prevented before it ever happens with a little bit of self control and reasoning.
01010101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 AM   #18

Quote:
+1

IF you are doing something illegal then you need to assume the risk of facing a consequence. If you aren't ready to pay 1k in fines, jail time, suspended license, etc. then don't do anything illegal. Just like the running from cops lead to injuries these people chose to break a law then chose to break more laws then got hurt. They weren't just cruising around and all of a sudden their bike did a wheelie or hit 100mph, they chose to do that.

As far as accelerating too hard and lifting the front tire, I can't imagine any scenario on the road where you need to start off so hard you lift the front tire.

B3av3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #19
Ostrich if you feel lucky

You don't even have to be speeding when doing that wheelie to get worse than $1000 fine here in AZ. The call it exhibition of speed and reckless driving/endangerment here, it all falls under the same penal code as drag racing. If they write you a ticket for that it carries penalties of losing your license for a year, up to $10,000 fine, and a year in jail. Any combination of the 3 that the judge sees fit. Sounds like you're getting off easy with $1000 from here.

"The perfect gift for any time.... it's a dick in a box... baby..." JT
LawnDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3av3r View Post
+1

IF you are doing something illegal then you need to assume the risk of facing a consequence. If you aren't ready to pay 1k in fines, jail time, suspended license, etc. then don't do anything illegal. Just like the running from cops lead to injuries these people chose to break a law then chose to break more laws then got hurt. They weren't just cruising around and all of a sudden their bike did a wheelie or hit 100mph, they chose to do that.

As far as accelerating too hard and lifting the front tire, I can't imagine any scenario on the road where you need to start off so hard you lift the front tire.
What kind of motorcycle do you ride? a scooter? You can 'mistakingly' get the 1000rr's front off the ground in 1st/2nd/3rd/4th just by accelerating out of a turn/laying into the throttle... within the speed limit. Hardly what I call worthy of $1000 ticket and other such idiotic punishments that have been defined.
unirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement