New motorcycle law!!! - Page 2 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #11
Ex-Everything
 
TheX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin
Posts: 6,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiGGi View Post
Stupid laws just entice people to run. Most guys I know will run before stopping to get a $1000 ticket. I know guys who had some serious wrecks because they were running. This is one of those laws that hurt more than help.

My front comes up sometimes at hard acceleration. If a cop lights me up I am not stopping to find out why. Call me squid but that's how it is. If I am looking at a $150-250 ticket that's fine. But if I am looking at an arrest and time in front of a judge for having my front tire in the air, I am taking my chances on the freeway.
Ok, you are a squid. And claiming that a law is to blame for the injuries someone gets while they're running is bullshit and childish.
__________________


2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Mods: Lots of track days and large testicles
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #12
Locked and Loaded
 
TiGGi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida aka Crazy People Land
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Ok, you are a squid. And claiming that a law is to blame for the injuries someone gets while they're running is bullshit and childish.
Ill take it. But there are plenty of laws out there that give politicians positive press and make the "public" feel safe but instead hurt people. Just look at marijuana laws.

These wheelie laws are bs, making some politicians look good without considering the consequences.

I got one of these $1100 tickets. Some cop thought I was "running" from him although I was behind him the entire time. I just wouldn't pass him. Finally he just stopped and started following me. I went 2 more blocks doing the speed limit and made a right on a street waited for him to pass. I waited a minute and got back on the road. I see him 4-5 cars ahead. I keep going and a few miles down the road make a left and stop in front of my buddies house.

He shows up out of nowhere. Implies that I am doing something illegal and asks me why I was running from him. Ends up giving me an $1100 for an improper plate location. It falls under the no wheelie over 50mph law.

I had been riding with my plate in that location for 5 years, with cops pulling me over or driving behind me in the past. This was just his way to be a suckface. Because I was looking like I was "up to no good." That's his words. I was riding my motorcycle with gear going the speed limit. Apparently that qualifies as "up to no good."
__________________
TiGGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
GligorovDimce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 7,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Ok, you are a squid. And claiming that a law is to blame for the injuries someone gets while they're running is bullshit and childish.
+1 i have to agree with you on this one! I am a rider, i love bikes,i respect riders, but i see you do reckless and stupid things, and if my family is arround and that you can hurt them, trust me you dont want to stop where i have stopped!
__________________
2013 Suzuki Hayabusa Limited Edition

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
GligorovDimce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #14
Banned Camp Counselor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 1,087
This is the third thread on this topic in just as many days.
Use the Search button please.
n7hevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #15
Member
 
rocketwheelies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Brighton, MN
Posts: 97
its right! for people who do wheelies. be careful on the road and don't get caught! and for people who don't know how to do it, or want to practice. please practice in the parking lot, and be careful, plus don't hurt your self or others lol
rocketwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 97
We have anti hoon laws here, we can lose our bikes, we have them impounded too.
QLD 1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #17
Member
 
01010101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiGGi View Post
Ill take it. But there are plenty of laws out there that give politicians positive press and make the "public" feel safe but instead hurt people. Just look at marijuana laws.

These wheelie laws are bs, making some politicians look good without considering the consequences.

I got one of these $1100 tickets. Some cop thought I was "running" from him although I was behind him the entire time. I just wouldn't pass him. Finally he just stopped and started following me. I went 2 more blocks doing the speed limit and made a right on a street waited for him to pass. I waited a minute and got back on the road. I see him 4-5 cars ahead. I keep going and a few miles down the road make a left and stop in front of my buddies house.

He shows up out of nowhere. Implies that I am doing something illegal and asks me why I was running from him. Ends up giving me an $1100 for an improper plate location. It falls under the no wheelie over 50mph law.

I had been riding with my plate in that location for 5 years, with cops pulling me over or driving behind me in the past. This was just his way to be a suckface. Because I was looking like I was "up to no good." That's his words. I was riding my motorcycle with gear going the speed limit. Apparently that qualifies as "up to no good."
I'm on your side far as the stuff posted above if your were not doing anything illegal. But at the same time, I don't get the need for people to relocate their tag and large oem signals just for ''looks''. Leave the stuff stock and just enjoy the motorcycle and riding. Far as the comment on wheeling because you accelerated to hard, then don't accelerate that hard. It solves that problem instead you having a possible run-in with law enforcement. A lot of the silly stuff people post on here could be prevented before it ever happens with a little bit of self control and reasoning.
01010101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 AM   #18
Junior Member
 
B3av3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hammond, La
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Ok, you are a squid. And claiming that a law is to blame for the injuries someone gets while they're running is bullshit and childish.
+1

IF you are doing something illegal then you need to assume the risk of facing a consequence. If you aren't ready to pay 1k in fines, jail time, suspended license, etc. then don't do anything illegal. Just like the running from cops lead to injuries these people chose to break a law then chose to break more laws then got hurt. They weren't just cruising around and all of a sudden their bike did a wheelie or hit 100mph, they chose to do that.

As far as accelerating too hard and lifting the front tire, I can't imagine any scenario on the road where you need to start off so hard you lift the front tire.
__________________
Excuse the grammar, I'm an English teacher.

B3av3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #19
Ostrich if you feel lucky
 
LawnDart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 1,740
You don't even have to be speeding when doing that wheelie to get worse than $1000 fine here in AZ. The call it exhibition of speed and reckless driving/endangerment here, it all falls under the same penal code as drag racing. If they write you a ticket for that it carries penalties of losing your license for a year, up to $10,000 fine, and a year in jail. Any combination of the 3 that the judge sees fit. Sounds like you're getting off easy with $1000 from here.
__________________
Mike


"The perfect gift for any time.... it's a dick in a box... baby..." JT
LawnDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3av3r View Post
+1

IF you are doing something illegal then you need to assume the risk of facing a consequence. If you aren't ready to pay 1k in fines, jail time, suspended license, etc. then don't do anything illegal. Just like the running from cops lead to injuries these people chose to break a law then chose to break more laws then got hurt. They weren't just cruising around and all of a sudden their bike did a wheelie or hit 100mph, they chose to do that.

As far as accelerating too hard and lifting the front tire, I can't imagine any scenario on the road where you need to start off so hard you lift the front tire.
What kind of motorcycle do you ride? a scooter? You can 'mistakingly' get the 1000rr's front off the ground in 1st/2nd/3rd/4th just by accelerating out of a turn/laying into the throttle... within the speed limit. Hardly what I call worthy of $1000 ticket and other such idiotic punishments that have been defined.
unirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


» Latest Forum Topics
Coolant Leak Help w/ Pics
Today 08:49 PM
Last post by aieownyu
Today 08:49 PM
0 Replies, 1 Views
Word Association Game v2.1
12-06-2011 01:25 PM
Last post by 7TronRR
Today 08:42 PM
17,440 Replies, 286,020 Views
08 Exhaust on a 04?
10-29-2014 09:50 PM
Last post by Steamboat
Today 08:23 PM
3 Replies, 69 Views
12 spoke chinese replica wheels
Today 07:26 PM
by AyeeLe
Last post by AyeeLe
Today 08:20 PM
3 Replies, 19 Views
Toce brothers exhaust
09-23-2014 09:57 AM
by suth101
Last post by d207gp
Today 07:50 PM
17 Replies, 825 Views
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Honda 1000RR Prices
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum