New motorcycle law!!! - Page 3 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by winslo16 View Post
Its been like that in Florida. First is 1000. Second is 2500. Third is 5000, a felony, and 10 years without a license.
My thoughts exactly... I know they impound the bikes by me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 FAST 1KRR View Post
My thoughts exactly... I know they impound the bikes by me.
It's because motorcycle riders down in FL generally ride like Hoons and there aren't enough mature riders to lobby and organize to prevent such idiotic laws from passing. Lane splitting is also illegal in FL which is a godsend to mature riders... Fat chance a lane splitting law will ever be passed..

For all of those in support of this stupid wheelie law .. You probably don't realize how often your front comes off the ground under a healthy amount of acceleration (controlled and within the legal speed limit) .. or how it may appear it you are wheeling at night when your headlight shifts around.. That's all that's needed and bam you got a $1000 ticket.

I wouldn't do it because I have too much to loose if I got caught but I can see why this might encourage some riders to run.... The idea behind passing laws for the road is to make it safer... I can't remember the last time someone other than the idiot riding was injured by a wheelie... So, if FL was concerned about anything related to safety it'd pass a helmet law. It's not concerned about safety of the rider/people around them so they'd rather score political points and revenue by passing asinine laws.. The present day story of state/federal govt.

Lastly, of the stupid sh*t i've observed after coming back to FL, road safety would be greatly improved if cops started actually enforcing existing laws like the one related to the using a turn signal when changing lanes.
unirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiGGi View Post
Stupid laws just entice people to run. Most guys I know will run before stopping to get a $1000 ticket...This is one of those laws that hurt more than help.

My front comes up sometimes at hard acceleration. If a cop lights me up I am not stopping to find out why. Call me squid but that's how it is. If I am looking at a $150-250 ticket that's fine. But if I am looking at an arrest and time in front of a judge for having my front tire in the air, I am taking my chances on the freeway.
+1. Maybe Law Enforcemant would get more co-operation from the public and, in this case, sport bike riders specifically (who this law if targeted at) if they didn't squeeze a iron fist of rules and regulations at us just trying to make an extra dollar for state funds.

I suppose next they'll institute a **responsible-lean-angle** Law, stating a motorcycle can only be leaned so far over in a controlled turn on the street... I can just see it now, "Anyone with their inside knee close to ground will be deemed as riding reckless, and will be fined $6,500, at the officers blind discretion, or if he lines up the motorcycle in view and records and lean angle past the allowed range on his hand-held protractor"

It ridiculous. Ever single guy I know, that has the balls to wheelie, WILL NOT STOP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Ok, you are a squid...
I really hate when guys throw around this label, all high and mighty like their better than someone else. I'm not looking to pick a fight, but come on... Because someone might speed, or ride out a wheelie, and you dont, does not mean anything... State your opinion, but dont presume to elevate your social status as a non-wheelier above those who do wheelie lol. Take a lesson from some of the less conforntational members here, that while they might not agree with something, they dont throw out insults:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketwheelies View Post
its right! for people who do wheelies. be careful on the road and don't get caught! and for people who don't know how to do it, or want to practice. please practice in the parking lot, and be careful, plus don't hurt your self or others lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01010101 View Post
Far as the comment on wheeling because you accelerated to hard, then don't accelerate that hard. It solves that problem instead you having a possible run-in with law enforcement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3av3r View Post
As far as accelerating too hard and lifting the front tire, I can't imagine any scenario on the road where you need to start off so hard you lift the front tire.
Sorry but have you ever opened the throttle on your bike?? A liter bike will wheelie quite easily. I didnt spend $10k for a bike with 160hp so that I could ease away from stop-lights easily... If I want to go slow, I would've bought a scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unirr View Post
What kind of motorcycle do you ride? a scooter? You can 'mistakingly' get the 1000rr's front off the ground in 1st/2nd just by accelerating out of a turn/laying into the throttle... within the speed limit. Hardly what I call worthy of $1000 ticket and other such idiotic punishments that have been defined.
sorry for the rant, I just dont like this law lol
Old 01-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #24

double posted msg

Last edited by Roxy1000RR; 01-03-2013 at 10:18 AM. Reason: double posted msg
Roxy1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by unirr View Post
What kind of motorcycle do you ride? a scooter? You can 'mistakingly' get the 1000rr's front off the ground in 1st/2nd/3rd/4th just by accelerating out of a turn/laying into the throttle... within the speed limit. Hardly what I call worthy of $1000 ticket and other such idiotic punishments that have been defined.
I had K7 GSXR 750, and looking at getting a 1000RR this time around. However, I never "mistakingly" got my front tire off the ground. If it came up, I knew that hitting that much throttle at that much speed would lift the tire. I'm sure you know that about your bike too.

I don't have a problem with anyone that wants to ride as hard as they want to on the street. Just take the responsibility that you want to ride that hard and accept the consequences of the laws in your area for riding that hard. I have exceeded the speed limit, lifted the front tire, etc. plenty of times but I either limit that riding to areas where LEO presence is almost nil or I accept the consequences of riding like that.

Do I think these laws are excessive? Sure. Do I think you can blame these laws for more people running and thus wrecking? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy1000RR View Post
Sorry but have you ever opened the throttle on your bike?? A liter bike will wheelie quite easily. I didnt spend $10k for a bike with 160hp so that I could ease away from stop-lights easily... If I want to go slow, I would've bought a scooter
You know what amount of throttle will cause it to wheelie coming from a red light, so you know how to limit that throttle to keep the front tire down. I see no point in accelerating super hard away from a red light, it brings me no excitement, I typically rode hard around twisty road that are also back country roads with very few cops out. If you enjoy coming off a red light and lifting the tire that is fine, just know the cost of doing that could be 1k fines, impounded bike, arrest, etc. if you live in one of these areas.

B3av3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #26

Quote:
I had K7 GSXR 750, and looking at getting a 1000RR this time around. However, I never "mistakingly" got my front tire off the ground. If it came up, I knew that hitting that much throttle at that much speed would lift the tire. I'm sure you know that about your bike too.
Get a 1000rr and then talk to me .. 750cc is not 1000cc .. and one of the most torquiest 1000cc bikes (the 1000rr) out there is not a 750 cc gixxer. The 1000rr has 54% more torque than a gsxr 750... How can you even compare the two?

If your intention wasn't to lift your front tire off the ground, then it was a mistake.. Applying a general amount of safe/non reckless throttle on the 1000rr can do that .. In such a scenario, it hardly warrants a $1000 ticket my friend.

Quote:
I don't have a problem with anyone that wants to ride as hard as they want to on the street. Just take the responsibility that you want to ride that hard and accept the consequences of the laws in your area for riding that hard. I have exceeded the speed limit, lifted the front tire, etc. plenty of times but I either limit that riding to areas where LEO presence is almost nil or I accept the consequences of riding like that.
See above. You obviously have never ridden a 1000rr.

Quote:
Do I think these laws are excessive? Sure. Do I think you can blame these laws for more people running and thus wrecking? No.
Hey, i wouldn't run either .. but that doesn't mean I am going to sit here and ignore the fact that this law might give incentive for a good number of riders to run.. Especially in a state that has a no chase law.. Think about that for second

Quote:
You know what amount of throttle will cause it to wheelie coming from a red light, so you know how to limit that throttle to keep the front tire down. I see no point in accelerating super hard away from a red light, it brings me no excitement, I typically rode hard around twisty road that are also back country roads with very few cops out. If you enjoy coming off a red light and lifting the tire that is fine, just know the cost of doing that could be 1k fines, impounded bike, arrest, etc. if you live in one of these areas.
Whose talking about a red light.. if you lean on the throttle up to 4th in gear while rolling, you can easily get the front up.. how about coming out of a turn and some dumbass is merging into you so you apply throttle to get to safety.. boom, front goes up in 1st->2nd.. 2nd->3rd .. i am not talking being vertically up in the air.. how about an inch off the road. BOOm, dickwad leo sees you.. slaps you w/ 2 points and a $1000 fine.. wtf was unsafe about that? you were within the speed limit and safely handling your bike.. You've ridden around on a supped up 600cc motorcycle in twisties.. congratulations. When you get a 1000cc and learn what torque/power is, get at me.. 50mph road.. safe entry speed into a turn = 20mph.. as you exit, you apply simple acceleration .. wheel comes off ground an inch.. ticket .. $1000. You are not over speed limit and safely operating your motorcycle.

I've heard enough man.. You don't own a 1000cc bike .. don't understand what torque is nor do you seem to understand what a roll on wheelie is.. Here, let me help "enough power to raise the front wheel off the ground with simple acceleration. " The large amount of misinformed clowns in this country is the reason why such asinine laws are made and passed... I've never intentionally (INTENT) rode around wheeling my bike because I think its retarded. The intent of the law is to target those clowns.. and those clowns, as you'd understand it have no problem running if caught... So, who gets harmed here.. Someone w/ a bike that has power who is safely operating their bike... Oh, and lets not even get into .. i saw your headlight go up and thus your wheel was off the ground bullshit.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #27

Quote:
It ridiculous. Ever single guy I know, that has the balls to wheelie, WILL NOT STOP.
Exactly...

Quote:
Sorry but have you ever opened the throttle on your bike?? A liter bike will wheelie quite easily.
It appears beaver never has and is talking out of ignorance.. the #1 reason why b.s ignorant laws like this get passed in the first place.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #28
Ex-Everything

Quote:

I really hate when guys throw around this label, all high and mighty like their better than someone else.
Did you even bother to read the post I quoted? Let me answer that for you...NO! He said "call me a squid" so I did. Next time you want to quote me make sure you read first.

I stand by my post though. Blaming laws for people getting hurt when they run is IGNORANT at best. Don't run like idiots and you won't get hurt. I hate the damage you do to the sportbike community in general.

2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Mods: Lots of track days and large testicles
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Did you even bother to read the post I quoted? Let me answer that for you...NO! He said "call me a squid" so I did. Next time you want to quote me make sure you read first.

I stand by my post though. Blaming laws for people getting hurt when they run is IGNORANT at best. Don't run like idiots and you won't get hurt. I hate the damage you do to the sportbike community in general.
Generally the idiots aren't the ones critiquing the law. Sensible riders are.
Frankly, changing lanes w/o using turn signals is far more harmful, dangerous, hurts, maims and kills people more than wheeling but you don't see a severe punishment associated w/ it.. In fact, it is against the law and you hardly ever see it enforced.. So much for keeping the roads safe...

A law could be to blame for people getting hurt.. Namely those idiot red light cameras you see around that have been proven to increase accidents at intersections a considerable amount.. There are way better solutions? Why are they not pursued? because of politics/money making...

If you live in a no chase state and you face a $1000 ticket + several points on license .. Running is actually the intelligent thing to do when there is a high likelihood the cop wont catch you and you wont harm yourself/others. So, such runners are not idiots.. they are actually pursuing the more intelligent option.

If you know anything about history, stupid laws are always broken and just because some hopped up idiot makes a law doesn't mean it is intelligent to follow it/conform .. Since we are intelligent beings, we weight the pros/cons... If you did so, you'd understand in many cases why it would make sense to run for your average joe and why a $1k fine and other such moronic penalties make it an even smarter option.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #30
Locked and Loaded

people who don't wheelie are