Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

New motorcycle law!!!

3K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  Eugene HRC 
#1 ·
I saw on the news couple days ago that there is a new law is going to take affect on 01/01/2013. It includes MN, IL, and WI. If any biker get caught doing a wheelie anywhere would get charged with a $1000 fine which probably a misdemeanor!! really??? for doing a wheelie only!!! :th_gives: I tried look up the law online but really couldn't find it to see if its true or not! anyone heard about it? or have a link of the news or something that explained it! and for people who live in one of the 3 states like me! be careful :thumbsup: not to get caught and pay the big bucks! just trying to inform u all :D :signs025:

#21 ·
My thoughts exactly... I know they impound the bikes by me.

#7 ·
Stupid laws just entice people to run. Most guys I know will run before stopping to get a $1000 ticket. I know guys who had some serious wrecks because they were running. This is one of those laws that hurt more than help.

My front comes up sometimes at hard acceleration. If a cop lights me up I am not stopping to find out why. Call me squid but that's how it is. If I am looking at a $150-250 ticket that's fine. But if I am looking at an arrest and time in front of a judge for having my front tire in the air, I am taking my chances on the freeway.

#14 ·
This is the third thread on this topic in just as many days.
Use the Search button please.

#19 ·
You don't even have to be speeding when doing that wheelie to get worse than $1000 fine here in AZ. The call it exhibition of speed and reckless driving/endangerment here, it all falls under the same penal code as drag racing. If they write you a ticket for that it carries penalties of losing your license for a year, up to $10,000 fine, and a year in jail. Any combination of the 3 that the judge sees fit. Sounds like you're getting off easy with $1000 from here.

#34 ·
unirr I have to agree with you about torque on the 1000RR's compared to the 600's and 750's . I sometimes have my better half with me and when I pull of faster than usual the front goes up also the back wheel starts looking for traction ( I do have a new tire at the back and front so grip is more than enough ) the bitch does a running burn out no problem . Guess what I am trying to say is that you do not have to over rev or ride the crap out of a 1000RR to get the front wheel up or what ever else like you have to do with a smaller Want To Be Bike . There is more than enough Torque on a 1000 RR . It happens with a 1000 RR . Well done HONDA CBR .

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#36 ·
If you looked nicely then you would have seen that I only commented on what unirr had to say . And yes the laws are hectic but that law is really BS . There is also a place and time for everything and I have to say . I never but never lift my bitch on the back wheel cause I can . Parts get warn quickly that way . But for those riders who does , enjoy your bikes for as long as you can . We live once . And Jealousy is a nasty and ugly fricken thing . Rubber Down .

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.