The beauty of a No-Mar Changer :) : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #1

The beauty of a No-Mar Changer :)

All I can say is that I may be bias but it really is nice to have a No-Mar tire changer in my basement. Had a set of Roadsmart II'S sitting here waiting for Spring and decided that there was no better time than now to swap out the worn Z8's. taking mt sweet a$$ time and drinking a few cold ones while cleaning the wheels since they were off, it took me about 1 hour to swap them out.
Didn't really cost me a nickel since I have owned the machine since 2003 and I have changed more tires than I care to count so it has paid for itself probably 2-3 times if not more. Since I also have a GL1800 I have their Cruiser Ultimate Package and use it to change out my car tires as well.The beauty of a No-Mar Changer :)-imageuploadedbymo-free1357359380.436253.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 01-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #2

i hate u for this lol
RC-DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #3

How much do one of those run you anyway?
stage5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #4

Back when I purchased mine, I picked up what they would call the Classic Ultimate Package today+ a hitch mount to make it portable and if memory serves me I gave $650 bucks. The package I have now has been upgraded once to the Cruiser Ultimate Packagewhich goes for $1195.

To really see the value in it most people have to take a lot of things into account like travel time to a shop, convenience of not having to drop your wheels off and come back later, not having to worry about scratches and the pitiful refund of $5 they will take off after they scratch you BRAND NEW BIKE WHEELS. Not to mention the money you will save on the labor and tire cost themselves. For an example if I took my GL1800 to the dealer and asked them to install a NEW set of tires I would be forking out close to $600 before I got my bike back. Changing the tires myself I am able to change them for $270 start to finish. Even a Sport Bike will run you $400 at the dealer before it is all said and done and I can change out those as well for the same $270 or less depending on the deals I find. The Roadsmarts I just installed were $239 to my door.

Granted most people are not paying that since they buy their tires on-line and take the wheels off and take them to the dealer to have them installed for anywhere from 15-$40 a wheel. So obviously it will take longer for the changer to pay for itself. I average at least 2 sets of tires a season on the CBR as well as 2 sets on the Wing so my savings add up quick. If you catch them at an AMA event or at and IMS show you can usually take the shipping cost or or 10-15% off their cost it just depends on whether they are having a good weekend or how good you are at negotiating.
You can view the upcoming events on their Facebook Page.

But to answer any questions they have changers that range from $465 all the way up to $1400 depending on what you are looking for. The No-Mar Changers carry a LIFETIME WARRANTY on the Non Marring parts and the Cycle Hill Changers offer a 5 year warranty on structural or something like that. They all pretty much operate with the same principles. If you are only doing Sportbike tires the Classic is the fastest at an economical price. The Cycle Hill uses a different clamping system that is not necessarily as quick and bead breaking is done on the ground rather than waist level like on the No-Mar line.

I find it so funny that people will drop $1000 or more on exhaust and thinks that will never put money back in your pocket but complain about the cost of a machine that pays for itself.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stage5 View Post
How much do one of those run you anyway?
I snagged a used setup for $600, then put about $50 into it to replace wear & consumable items.

Used units do not go up for sale often. You have to be quick.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #6

I've got a no-mar. They're good but I think for the money I would rather have this. http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Mo...-Tire-Changers
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #7

Yep, my buddy has pneumatic changer and I agree that they are nice and less physically demanding. That is until you want to take that changer with you to the track They are not very portable. When I go to the mountains on vacation I usually burn up a set of tires before the week is up ( 7 days in the twisties will do that ) with my No-Mar I can load the changer in the bed of the truck with my extra set of tires and a small pancake compressor and I am set. No worrying about finding tires, paying rediculous prices for tires ect.

Just saying is all the pneumatics are nice but they have their place just like the No-Mar does and they belong in a shop where the guys spare wheels so he can just take spares instead

I wonder what there replacement warranty is on consumables for the MC attachment. You know any scratchproof covers are not warrantied for life on that machine.

Last edited by Dragunslayer; 01-05-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Corrections
Dragunslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender View Post
I've got a no-mar. They're good but I think for the money I would rather have this. http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Mo...-Tire-Changers
Better yet after watching the video of them using the MC/ATV Adapters I will stick with my No-Mar. The chances of loosing a finger or breaking something looks pretty obvious to me.

http://youtu.be/ETVM_aLPQ6U
Old 01-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
Fightin Phil's

That thing can't be to easy to use, I see a lot of beer bottles around.

Team Pro Motion (Blue) 212
CCS AM 167
mtips18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #10

Lucky bastard!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Jess1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement