Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

True or False?

1K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  CBRmikeRR 
#1 ·
For those who own the 2012 models...would you agree or disagree with the comments made on this video?
ie) "gets boring" "doesn't need traction control" "missing character/spunk"

Also, folks who've ridden the older models like 04-05, 06-07, and 08+....any major differences between performance and feel?

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1432/...-Honda-CBR1000RR-Street-Comparison-Video.aspx

BTW...i love my honda:th_angelsmiley4:

#5 ·
They can't find anything wrong with it so it's "boring". More HP up top etc.
The problem is they feel the need to reward "technology" because that's human nature.
In their eyes the bike probably hasn't changed enough in the last 5 years. New suspension and gauges but same motor etc. That's actually testament to how outstanding the general platform of the CBR really is

#6 ·
Agreed, I have never gotten bored of my '12 1000rr.. I have over 8,000 miles on it and I have done my fair share of hard riding. It gets my heart racing still, hell the wheel comes up in 1st and 2nd for me. That to me is exciting when your in triple digits and its on 1 tire..

#7 ·
With mine I dont feel that its boring at all, its a real fun bike and yea easy to ride but thats part of the fun, when out on the twisties you can go and the bike will do what you want. Me and my friend went up the twists and at the top we switched bikes hes got an 08 When we got two the bottom he really wanted to keep riding mine lol

#9 ·
I own a 2012 and it is a very easy bike to ride.

I do not have a ton of experiance, I have been on only a few bikes in my life.

I viewed the video and I agree with Adam Waheed .

I have test ridden a 2009 R1 and the CBR is smother and more refined.

I don't see any need for "traction control" or any "power mode" switch.

Harry

#10 ·
06 here, handles great, good power delivery, low maintenance, good brakes, mine is boring too ;)

These bikes just have excellent manners! Don't expect to have to pay tons of money to make it behave or on maintenance.

Enjoy riding a bike that doesn't need all the bandaids and complications that will surely in a few years become a pain in the @$$ to trouble shoot.

#13 ·
Saying a 180 mph motorcycle is "boring" is the absolute finest compliment that can be paid to a race bike IMHO. It means that the bike lacks nothing, is fully developed, balanced and is easy to ride fast. What more could you want?

Ask yourself, what is the purpose of traction control, to make the motorcycle scary to ride at the limit or make it easier to ride at the limit? I'll take easy to ride .....e.g. "boring" any day.

BTW.. these magazines get paid to split hairs, magnify small differences between bikes, essentially make mountains out of mole hills. This is what sells magazines! Also, this is their opinion and only their opinion, all of this crap is subjective.

Truth be told there isn't a bad bike out there anymore and if I get outrun it's because the other rider outrode me, plain and simple.

#14 ·
I absolutely agree with you folks, the bike being "easy" is in fact a niche Honda's been utilizing for years...I really am happy with my decision to go with a Honda, really a bang for your buck kinda bike :)

#16 ·
What a bunch of clowns. I was laughing at those fools "taking" those corners in the video. I kept waiting for the lark to come rolling by them.

#19 ·
That is a retarded video for sure, yea, like who is Lori whatsherface? Oops, I almost forgot, she's the fastest chick that no ones ever heard of before. The bike is not challenging enough for her huh? I noticed guys like John McGuiness and Jonathan Rea seem to do pretty well on them but maybe they're not in her same class...lol! What a crock, this is why I don't pay much attention to these magazine reports.

#20 ·
There was a shoot-out test in Australian Motorcycle News a few months back. Comparsion was done on the new Sydney Motorsport Park (Eastern Creek). ALL the testers were current or ex-racers. No road test, or non-racer testers. All the testers rounded on the 'Blade. No t/c, no rbw, no anti-wheelie, no enough ground clearance, HRC should earn their keep, blah-blah-blah.

Clearance issue was from hero-knobs dragging, but surely if you're going to track your bike, you'd at the very least remove the knobs? 'Cause if you dragging the hero-knobs on the street, that's Honda way of saying "Easy, tiger!" One idiot was whining because he had to lift off the throttle when upshifting, and, lordy-lordy, he had to use the clutch to downshift! Wanker.

That said, my next bike won't be a Fireblade, but not because I think it's bland, or not a great bike. My last four bikes have been inline fours, and I've got a hankering for something with an uneven firing order (Aprilia, I'm looking in your direction!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.