Do you run from cops? : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #1

Do you run from cops?

In Chicago, I think a lot of guys run from cops. I've only been riding for like 2-3 months (last summer). I personally know 2 guys who run from cops and when I was selling my r1, one guy who came and looked at it told me how he was running the night before.
One night another friend and I are riding and in the beginning of our ride we were definitely speeding (its 2am on a week night on the highway). Toward the end of the night as we got into the city, traffic picked up and we were going with the flow of traffic +5/10 mph, just trying to get away from it all. As we clear traffic I'm ready to pick up speed again. I look at my friend and take off. 30 secs later I look up and don't see my friend, only flashing lights. Turns out he got pulled over by a state trooper and was issued 8 tickets and had his bike impounded because getting that many tickets at once is a "jail-able offense". His mom kept him from going to jail because she's a cop. The state trooper said we followed us for about 2 miles. The last 5 miles of our trip were completely in traffic. The tickets he issued were total bs. My friend is the most responsible rider I know. He never lane splits, always signals and is a real atgatt man etc. I'm not on the other hand (ie I lane split because I know its safer and I do usually try to get out in front of traffic even if it means speeding a few miles over.) He got tickets for not signalling, wreck-less driving etc. It was the troopers first week on the job. In short, I think he got a lot of my tickets. Now he swears he's running next time. This has cost him over $2000 (he only paid $2800 for his bike).

I don't think I'll ever have the balls to run, I wonder does any here?
*Started posting this thinking I could post an anonymous poll like other forums. So much typing, I figured I'd still post it.
CrusherCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
Milf Chaser

Great thread, bro.

Unless you're doing something really stupid, or you have warrants for your arrest, then it's pretty fucking stupid to run. No ticket is going to cost more than a felony evading charge.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #3

Iv ran a hand full of times when I was younger and got away. I have a story similar to yours with me getting away and my friend getting a ticket. The last time I ran was about 4-5 years ago.....it started out just a quick trip with a friend down the highway and back ....and ended up being a multiple department chase involving 6+ cruisers. Everyone of them started out me just thinking "I can outrun this guy"....and they always ended up me doing 150+ mph wondering wtf I was thinking I should have just pulled over. But I would run no matter how fast or nervous I got the time before....that's why I now have a track only bike :-)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com Free App
Shraar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
vrrooooom

pay $200 or so ticket for what ever you were doing is WAY better then going to jail if they catch you.. just dont be a jackass on the road and youll be ok
burnn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #5

I'm already a felon for other crimes.
Getting caught doing over 100 is a felony in my state now.
You don't want to be the guy in prison for speeding.
I have to run to protect my anal virginity!
Skinjured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #6

And Chicago is the worst. Fees in general here are ridiculous already compared to our neighboring suburbs. The impound fee was doubled from $500 to $1000 in 2012. So my buddy has the $2000+ in tickets and $1000 impound fee. Also you can't record an officer in Chicago. I swear this is the nations most corrupt city.
CrusherCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #7

Move out of Shitcago. Stop running from the cops. Don't speed on the freeway. Problems solved.

"The journey is what brings us happiness, not the destination."

BryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
Ex-Everything

I'm an adult and a responsible rider. You know my answer.

2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Mods: Lots of track days and large testicles
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #9

You cant out run cops in USA!
In my contry in europe, when they had yugo, we could!
Bazzaz Z-FI
EK 520 Chain -1/+1 gearing.
R6 Throttle Tube
Flapper Mod.
Dual Fan Switch Mod
K&N Air Filter
Pair Mod
Z-Bomb
Hot bodies smoked windscreen
Fender eliminator Led turn signals
Michelin Pilot Power
ASV Red Clutch and Brake Levers
Shogun Frame Sliders
RR Swingarm Spools
Clear OEM Tail Light from 2012 CBR1K
Tank pad and gas cap protectors
Bright White LED for DRL
Chrome Bulbs front Turn signal
Battery Tender connector
GligorovDimce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #10
Turk

If he is not gonna speed why ride a sportbike? lol but still moving out of Chicago can be a good option

Last time I stopped with my own wish was like 6 years ago I guess, other than that all that time no stopping when I see the flashing lights. last year got caught 2 times tho, not recommended
So if you are sure that you can getaway, yeah but if you are not sure don't try coz when you get caught you gonna get in real trouble.
Alikenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement