Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

HISS and engine light coming on

8K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Apollon111 
#1 ·
at the same time and bike cuts out... it is a 2008 Blade with 17.000km and did my last 100km trip home yesterday with the bike constantly cutting out for one or two seconds while HISS and engine light came on at the same time... managed to get home but what now I´m wondering what might be the issue... the bike is going to my mechanic next week when I get back from vacation, but wanted to know if anyone here knows something about this or if this happened to someone else before.

Any input greatly appreciated... in the mean time I´ll try to make a deeper search through the forum.

#3 ·
Just the slip-on, flapper mod and pair removal. Been driving for more then 4000km now since I bought the bike in January.

All the fluids are topped and I can't see nothing unusual after a visual inspection.

#7 ·
Thanks to everyone that contributed... I returned from vacations couple days ago and went to see the bike starting with the info brought forward.

In fact I noticed right away that the positive battery terminal was loose... Tightened it up and problem solved.

So if anyone gets similar problems, start as recommended with the battery... working your way up to the ignition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.