Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Changed plugs and all of them were fouled, my mapping is too rich.

3K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Rocketj21 
#1 ·
So I have a custom map on my 06 1k and I changed the plugs yesterday and all 4 were fouled and I could smell the gas on them, so I think my fuel is running too rich anyone got any ideas or a custom map for k&n and 2bros slipon or should I just adjust it on the faceplate of the pc3usb? Do I only adjust the low end? Or the whole map?

#4 ·
You will never know how to adjust it properly until you put it on a dyno and see what it is doing throughout the RPM range.

It can be rich down low, and lean up top. Or vice versa.

Autotune, or Dyno. That's your options.

I left my bike stock, because it runs perfect like it is, and I would rather RIDE than mess with it.
Also, my bike has more power than I need like it is. So no reason for me to change it.

Just sayin`.

#5 ·
I wish I could look up the history of the maps that were on there cause when I got it, it ran beautiful I should have left it but I found a really good looking map and tried it and it ran good but not like before plus I added fuel on low end, I'm still re running all the wiring from taking the bike apart so when I get done with that I'll post what map I'm running, just so I don't foul them out again what would be a good baseline map for me right now, I'm in sc and I know it depends on sea level and a bunch of other stuff for the right map for your bike I just need something to hold me over till I can get in to dyno tune it

#10 ·
Yeah I did the poor mans intake, I just fiberglass the intake and cut the fins inside but I just looked and I forgot to cut the whole out after I did the fiberglass so it's not letting any air out and everything is going through the system, at least that's my theory I'll see after I cut the hole

#17 ·
After you gut the stock intake and do the fiberglass
your intake should start to resemble the aftermarket ones pictured
below, just a big opening straight through no holes in the outer shell
Once you do the fiberglass you don't cut any holes.

The last pic shows the parts that go in the trash

#18 ·
After you gut the stock intake and do the fiberglass
your intake should start to resemble the aftermarket ones pictured
below, just a big opening straight through no holes in the outer shell
Once you do the fiberglass you don't cut any holes.

The last pic shows the parts that go in the trash

I had all the holes covered but cut it out and took off the fiberglass I don't think I did the fiberglass that good, anyways as soon as I opened the air box I could smell gas really bad I'm starting to think I could have connected the two connectors for the spark plugs in the middle wrong mixed them up cause i didn't mark them and was looking at the harness and it looks like it but everything in the pic is how I have it, solenoid/canister/intake but I've never had these problems before so it's got to be the connection on the plugs or hose hooked up wrong or not hooked up, I only did the plugs and fiberglass the intake and that's the only thing I did and pc3usb has been installed since I've had the bike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.