Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Blinkers stopped working

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Twistedmistersartz 
#1 ·
I've checked the forums and couldn't find much on my issue. My blinkers were working, then the right one started only wiring sometimes. So I was playing with the switch. Sometimes it worked on my dash and sometimes it didn't. Then they both stopped working and now nothing. The horn and brights still work. Could it be the switch? Relay? Short? My fronts are flush mount so am I basically going to have to take my fairings off to get started? Ideas? Thanks. Is there a separate fuse for just the blinkers? Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
Not sure what model year you have, but on my 2012, here is a picture of the fuse box (see circled area). When my front mirror or rear turn signal is disconnected, the dash will still light up and and the front/rear (whichever is still connected) will still blink, but at a faster rate.

So if your horn still works, fuse is probably good. You should check the switch and wiring. Are your flush mount turn signals LED based? If so, recall that diodes are directional.

Attachments

#5 ·
I should've clarified. It's an 07. I have a feeling it's the switch. Not exactly sure how to check the switch tho. I've taken it apart but there's no connections I can see to check with a test light. Anyone know how to check the switch before buying a new one? Not sure of the flush are LEDs but it went from working to not working so it's not polarity. Something have out. Just don't know what. Where's the blinker box? Oh, and none of the blinkers work. They don't light up on the dash or front and rear lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.