Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

RPM Question

2K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  bruizer 
#1 ·
Bought a used 07 cbr1000rr last year. Had less than 5000 miles. So, it was probably sitting around alot collecting dust. Couple months ago realized the rpms were idling high close to 2000(I think it was doing that since i bought it but took me a while to notice). So adjusted back to around 1200 like manual said.
Now it starts fine but, not strong(only around 1500 rpm) and when I ride then stop and start it back up its only at about 1000 rpm feels almost lIke its going to stall. Then after I ride it for a bit or rev the engine a few times, it'll be back at 1200 rpm and hold fine. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or thinks it's anything to worry about and get checked or no big deal? The bike is stock. Only thing I did (and this is after I adjusted the rpms down to spec) was remove exhaust servo motor and put in a plug-in delete. That's cause I got a code for the servo motor 35 blinks.

Thanks

#4 ·
Got it down to the air intake duct and the thing won't budge. Got the 2 bolts and 2 screws out. I can move it forward about a quarter inch. Then it just won't move after that. I'd put some brute force and ignorance on it but don't want to break anything. Am I missing something?

#5 ·
did you drop the rad?

#7 ·
dont force it, just give a wiggle here and there it will move forward. I know changing plugs is a pain

#13 ·
The plugs went smoothly. Now I'm back to this air intake duct. Getting it back in seems to be as much a pain as getting it out. I'd like to go on record....performance wise air intake may be great....maintenance wise...I'd like to smash it. Going to play some call of duty to relax and then go back and get my bike together.

#14 ·
LMAO

#15 ·
Well......did the coolant, oil, filter, clutch oil while i had it apart. Still seems to be at low rpms at start. But runs great and is pulling strong it's a blast to ride :) guess it's in my head or I'll wait til it shows me what it is. Thanks for the input and help!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.