Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

06 dies on hard acceleration

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  slimmyjimms 
#1 ·
Hey guys, took my 06 into have the tires changed and they said i needed a new tank because honda recalled them or something. Get it back and now when i hit wot hard it revs up and before it gets to redline it just cuts out. Bike just starts dropping rpm. Took it back and they couldnt find a problem and said it worked fine. On my way home i hit it and once again loses power. Does this in any gear. any ideas? The only mods are yoshimura slip on and exhaust flapper mod. But i rode all year like this and it was fine.

#2 ·
lose ground some where??kill switch bad..does that bike have a 02 sensor not sure on that year that might be going bad..telling the ecu to shut down.kinked gas line??i would check your tip over sensor too..so new tank check tip over sensor and kicked gas lines..first

#4 ·
did they replace the tank..or just tell you there is a recall what was this recall for?try cleaing your fuel pump..look to see there there is bad stuff in it..in the screen...go from there..i have seen kill switch do something along thouse lines..when u say slowly does it bogg on its way up?does it bogg jump..look at your fuel pump clean it be careful cleaning it

#7 ·
take it back to them and demand that they fix it. if it wasnt happening before and now it is after replacing a GAS TANK, well there you go. lots of stuff disconnected to take the tank off. unless the service adviser was the tech, he wont know what the hell he or she is talking about. most techs are lazy and hardly get paid on recall jobs so they do them fast and half a$$. i would bet money the two issues are related

#11 ·
the tank recall involved the brazing in of 1 or more of the vent tubes on bottom of tank. inspection requires raising tank in order to do a visual of a fillet gage held against said joints. by the reads from op, tank was checked but not replaced....but no doubt sounds like a pinched line somewhere. 04 thru 07's have very specific way to route those lines to avoid pinching and very easy to get it wrong.

#12 ·
They did replace the tank. I took it back last thursday because of the issue, called saturday and was told they had to talk to honda because they couldnt find anything wrong. Called today and was told 3 people have ridden it and its running fine, must of been just a pinched line. Didnt get on it to hard leaving because it was raining and 50 degrees outside. Found a dry spot near my house and nailed it in 2nd, runs up to about 6-7k and just falls on its face. Im taking it back tomorrow but im a little worried they arent going to be able to figure it out. I just wanted my tires changed, damn this recall work.

#18 ·
Sorry to start old thread. I had same problem with a 2009. Past 6k would fall flat and bog down. It would start and run flawless to 6k. It was a bad fuel pump at 9000 miles. Techs had it for 3 months couldn't figure it out. I authorized for new fuel pump($795.00). They put it in and it ran like a champ. Pulls real hard like it should. They warrantied the fuel pump after it solved the problem. I had read a couple of forum posts here that pointed me in right direction. These guys are awesome here. Keep digging. stator, ignition, or fuel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.