Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Engine light flash

14K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Qvo 
#1 ·
Hi to all,
I just came into possession of a beautiful 08 1000rr with under 8500 miles and after ridding under 300 miles myself the engine light flashes twice then comes the super ruff idle. I've checked all fluids and oil their fine the bike has PC3 USB, velocity stacks, full yosh r77, the problem started this morning during warm up before my ride...any ideas/suggestions
Thanks
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#5 ·
That isn't going to cure your problem, just like a car if you disconnect the battery for a while it will reset the memory but after a certain amount of drive cycles the light will come back on if it has a faulty sensor, meaning it will do the same thing if its a hard code bad tps, or iac sensor, fuel injector or whatever for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#9 ·
That isn't going to cure your problem, just like a car if you disconnect the battery for a while it will reset the memory but after a certain amount of drive cycles the light will come back on if it has a faulty sensor, meaning it will do the same thing if its a hard code bad tps, or iac sensor, fuel injector or whatever for that matter.

I do plan on bringing it in for a check up but at least I know I can ride it to the shop without limping...thanks for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.