Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

2012 coolant leak

6K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  1000 DUB R 
#1 ·
Has any one else had a coolant leak on the 2012? Mine is leaking and running down the oil pan. It looks to be coming from behind the water pump some where. Gets worse after it has been sitting for a few days. It stayed at the dealer for a few days and they said they couldn't see any leak get it back home and there it is. Service guy told me all water cooled vehicles leak some coolant. I have had quit a few cbrs and have never had a coolant leak form any of them except this one.

#14 ·
If you are under warranty (2012 - right?), dealer should fully check it out. Do you have another dealer option? I know there are huge differences between some dealers customer service, AFTER the purchase. I got free replacement of small stuff (substantial - to me) that I wasn't satisfied with. No questions asked. The dealer doesn't have to cover the cost, it is covered by HONDA. The dealer just has to justify it. And, if you have a service dept that isn't lazy, shady, or incompetent, they will take care of you.

#17 ·
Yea I took it back where I bought it first. Because I like the sales dept. The service dept. on the other hand was not very helpful. So I am taking it to a different dealer this week. There is also a little spot between the fairings next to the headlight where it looks like the paint has rubbed off a little. They said Honda only covered paint for 90 days. I am a service writer in a ford dealership and I know If you want to help some one on warranty claims that you can. I thought since I bought the bike there that they would take care of me. To bad they are not as good as the sells team.

Sent from my iPhone

#19 ·
That means your water pump needs to be replaced. It is a fairly easy piece to replace and any mechanic worth anything should have found it after letting the bike sit a bit. The issue to worry about is why the water pump when out in the first place. Did you run the bike with little or no coolant for any length of time?

#23 ·
That's shitty, thankfully mine doesn't have any issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.