Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Annitori Gen 2 Quick Shifter Review (long)

19K views 66 replies 15 participants last post by  Jaybird180 
#1 · (Edited)
Background: 2011 blade, PCV with custom tune. traditional shift pattern.

This review is NOT about which QS is better, rather it's simply about why I selected the QS I did and how it's working out for me.

I'm the type that I do my research before I spend my money, even if it's a $300 quick shifter. For years, some of my track buddies, those who are mechanically inclined and running quick shifters have been pressuring me to get one. Here were their reasons for getting any QS:

1) lower lap times
2) the seamless up shift sounds awesome
3) it's fun and addictive
4) all the cool kids have one

What caused me to actually consider it (I have so many things to work on riding wise, shaving 10ths of a second wasn't a priority the next 2 years), is I got headers on my track prepped car, and with that, in order to pass CA smog, I had to get another custom tune. my tuner threw on the lastest upgrade to ecutek software, called racerom. racerom has 5 features, one being flat foot shifting. this is while flooring it, you continue to floor the gas, clutch in, the ecu maintains the throttle by blipping it (like the rev limiter), while you up shift. you have no loss of power with the upshift and it sounds cool, and you can do it at any rpm.
I love this feature, and it caused me to more seriously consider a QS for my bikes.

The reason why I chose the annitori is simple:

1) $300
2) DIY plug and play install, as well as easy programmable set up
3) all electronic/digital no switches to break
4) in stock, immediate retail therapy (gals like that)

I happen to have both bikes in the shop to get the fork seals swapped out and change the fork oil, so my mechanic, who is an HM dealer, threw them on for me, for both bike at no additional cost to me. If my bikes were not heading to the shop I would have DIY'd it.

My other bike is an 09 kawi zx6r. also modded to my liking, lighter wheels ecu flash, -2/+2. better wheels, SS brake lines, rearsets, blah blah blah.

I commute on both bikes and track both bikes. I commute 40 miles round trip . did 1 day on each bike. I will post up my thoughts on track use after I have a track day. Both QSs are set to the default middle setting for sensitivity. This seems perfect for me, very similar feel to normal shifting.

I'm pretty chill on the throttle on the cbr, mostly b/c I feel like I'm going to fly off unless I'm fully tucked down. I rarely use more than 1/4 throttle on the street at a time. on the track maybe 1/2 throttle, max 2/3s. I am working on pinning it boys, so stay with me!

The QS does fine shifting with minimal throttle input at 5k rpm or with more throttle input and higher rpm. I'm glad I got it, I really enjoy it. and use it pretty much all the time, unless I'm poking around in traffic.

There is a little jerk to me, and my girly ways when you upshift at a higher rpm. I'll have to try a full throttle shift when I have the real estate on the freeway or at the track, on my zx6r. I have only pinned the blade once with the gearing change, in 6th.

I also like that you can use it or not.

FAQ:

1) do you need a QS? nope. but it's a lot of fun. if you have a buddy with one you must try it out.

2) does it affect downshifts? nope. you still need to use your clutch for downshifts, and yes you can rev match if you want to. the QS will not impact that at all.

3) does it really bring down lap times? yes, but it's minimal at best. if anything you should get a QS b/c it's easier on the transmission.

4) how does it work? HM has proprietary technology called strain gauge technology, specific to HM, there are other brands of QSs that use strain gauge tech, which is a pressure sensor plus major software, to create seamless upshifts by cutting the ignition.

In summary, it's an effin' blast. I LOVE it. and am sad I waited to so long. it has pepped up my commute rides quite a bit.

btw, I'm done modding my blade!

See less See more
#6 ·
yes, I dropped two teeth in the front. I have a flash on the ecu. and an EK 3D chain 520. I was +1 in the rear before, so the -2/+2 bumped up the rpm about 2200, at the same speed.

I believe our zx6r's do 165 mph with stock gearing, maybe a little more if not CA limited...

I personally won't go that fast even on the track, but I'm sure any of my A paced track buddies would be happy to whack the crap out of my kawi and replicate the 150 mph for ya.

#40 ·
Just to clear up any confusion, this new Quickshifter from Annitori is nothing to do with us at HM Quickshifters.

We made the RL for them but as of now we are no longer making, supplying, designing or have any affiliation with Annitori. This new Shifter is just that, a new one from Annitori and NOT HM Quickshifter Ltd.

:)

#16 ·
Where did you see it at?

Edit: Just saw it on their ebay page

The ALL NEW Annitori QS Quickshifter coming, with vastly upgraded electronics and more features! We will have very limited supply in the first batches as our dealers and suppliers take most of the initial production, so please get your backorders placed NOW for late June / July delivery.

#20 ·
#21 ·
Info back from Annitori on the new QS, emailed them

"No information is available yet on the NEW QS, when we get closer to the release date we will give everyone more details…

It is a completely new design, new electronics, packaging, setup, everything. So we feel it is going to be a strong improvement over the previous version, which is good for everyone!

#23 ·
Rode the blade to work today. It's pretty freakin' smooth all the way around. if anything I think 1-2 shifts are a little less smooth b/c of the torque down low, than when you are in the higher gears.

I thought it would take a while to get used to NOT using the clutch, um, WRONG!!! just once today, on the way home on the freeway, for a second I thought, clutch! and then naw, I have a quick shifter.

#31 ·
I dont think you need laptop at all....all have preset values...I never change my values, just leave it as it is, so does the TC, actually it make me wonder if I change the values would it make it better or the other way around? :D

My TC also works pretty good without any changes in settings.

Numba have dofferent brand QS and also have unsmoothness for 1st and 2nd shift, same with mine

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.