Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Monster fairings Un-Boxing Part 1

28K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Street 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey thought I would share my experience with monster fairings. I'm putting on a custom painted set of chinese fairings on my recently new bought 12 cbr1000rr. FYI- In the video I explain why I'm putting chinese fairings on a bike I just bought off the showroom floor with zero miles (0.3 miles to be exact) a few months ago and storing my mint oem fairings.

This is the first installment. The second part will be airing in a few weeks, which will be a full how-to installation video and review on these fairings.

http://www.monsterfairings.com

Here is Part 1 Un-Boxing video:

#3 ·
Looks very interesting. Yellow is a hi-viz color. Good for safety.
2012 Blade should look pretty cool in all yellow. I hope it's not too much of a pain in the ass to swap them.
I haven't even removed any of my fairings yet, just the belly pan for oil changes.

The windscreen was a little bit of trouble though, because of the tabs and grommets.
Just gotta take your time and not break anything. Can't be in a rush to get it done, or something will break.

At least that's my experience. FWIW

#4 ·
The fairings on this 12 blade are easy to remove and install EXCEPT the upper fairing, while not difficult, it's a tedious task because the headlights are attached to the upper fairing so you have to remove the left airbox, undo the hoses and the plugs (about 6 plugs., then remove everything off of the upper fairing.

I also had them send me a black tank cover as well, so I'll let you guys vote on which looks better, the matching yellow tank cover or the black tank cover that has the bike looking like the 2008 yellow/black color scheme which I've always been fond of.

#8 ·
i removed the windscreen first, then the mirrors. With the side fairings already off, @1:17 he removes the 2 side screws (one on each side) that hold the headlight assembly (and nose fairing, but not shown in my photos because i already had it off). at this point you can pull the whole headlight/fairing assembly outward enough to get a small screwdriver back there (i actually used the one that came with the bike)(there is also one screw that holds the nose fairing to the headlight assembly up from the bottom underneath you can remove). i didn't have to disconnect all the wire harnesses, hoses, air ducts, etc... just use a bit of muscle to pull the assembly outward, everything will move with it, just don't pull too much to damage anything. that's a 13, should be the same as a 12' but not 100% sure.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.